• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Horizon Zero Dawn Remaster in development as well as Multiplayer Project based on Horizon

Topher

Gold Member
Maybe SlimySnake have a point after all

Season 2 Lol GIF by Friends

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Calling bullshit on this...but should I?
No doubt they’ll have a native version for the PS5, but the language used like “remake” is chosen either out of ignorance, or on purpose to ignite certain responses for engagement.

Like all the non PS gamers in which this has zero effect on. Hell, it has zero effect on PS gamers as well. Shrug.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
The original already looks good and plays well after the 60FPS patch. Why not just make some SP DLC for HFW instead?
My guess, HZD will have a PS5 HFW makeover of textures, shaders, streaming tech, and the multiplayer mode with be accessible through both, not unlike UC4/LL able to access the multiplayer.

Last edited:

JangoRain

But where’s the Skyrim remake we’ve all been clamoring for? Hopefully M$ follows this trend so they don’t fall behind the curve

Very overblown reaction here as always on neogaf.It’s probably a fast remaster with updated textures or few models.Will probably be free or with an amazing multiplayer mode 10-20 dollars DLC.People always act if they are forced to buy it or forced to play it.A multiplayer could be really great with robo Dinos.Wait and see then make your reactions

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I don’t pack rat games. I only keep installed what’s in my current rotation.

I love the “absolute” in the thread/article title too. As if they’ll abandon their single player pedigree. They are expanding into GaaS like all service games providers. Halo was literally made into a GaaS factory, albeit a poorly executed one.

Why is this only an issue when Sony ventures into it? Don’t answer, we know why.

mad season 2 GIF by American Gods

Chronicle

Holy remakes, Batman! Like wtf! Who actually asked for this? I demand you let yourselves known on here! Sony needs to broaden there focus groups from early twenty something females and their early twenty something cuck supporters. Man, that's gotta be a rumor. Seriously. Terrible idea if not.

MOTM

Banned
I don’t pack rat games. I only keep installed what’s in my current rotation.

I love the “absolute” in the thread/article title too. As if they’ll abandon their single player pedigree. They are expanding into GaaS like all service games providers. Halo was literally made into a GaaS factory, albeit a poorly executed one.

Why is this only an issue when Sony ventures into it? Don’t answer, we know why.

mad season 2 GIF by American Gods
Why are you so obsessed with Halo? Who here is talking about Halo?

Elginer

Jim Ryan era PlayStation is quickly becoming retard era. Poor communication with users, needless remakes that are priced quite frankly at insulting prices and lack of innovation or actual improvements to the systems UI in any true form. You would think that with so many years of experience under its belt Sony would actually hire a dedicated team to constantly improve the UI for their new systems. When a 10 year old system has more functionality than a new system it's a serious problem. Instead of shitting your shorts at the idea of MS purchasing studios and improving their standing with consumers perhaps they should be on that A game trying to do the same thing. Instead its a constant bungle of dumb business moves and downright not giving a fuck.

GHG

Tom Cruise What GIF

Am I still rent free in your head because of Bleeding fucking Edge 😆😆🤡🤡

If you want to slander other games then at least have better standards than stanning for what was one of the worst game releases in a generation.

Selective standards in a nutshell.

I can’t imagine anything worse than a multiplayer Horizon game.

I can. Putting time in to bleeding edge and then attempting to convince others it's anything but a steaming pile of horseshit.

Bragr

Banned
It's the new direction of remaking PS4 games unto the PS5. I assume it's low dev-cost yielding good profit, an excuse for charging 70 dollars.

But still, this game still plays EXACTLY like the fucking sequel, and it still looks great. This can't possibly be true.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I'm all over gaming on Xbox, dude. By the way, you are dodging the question as to why you care.
For me because this is very, VERY boring project, from I can understand Horizon already got PS5 update so what point of this remake?

I rather they try bring more intention on their lesser known IP or AT VERY LEAST they could have PS5 update for Bloodborne which people are asking for YEARS but instead they decide to make Horizon remake which no one asked for and already has PS5 update.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
It's the new direction of remaking PS4 games unto the PS5. I assume it's low dev-cost yielding good profit, an excuse for charging 70 dollars.

But still, this game still plays EXACTLY like the fucking sequel, and it still looks great. This can't possibly be true.
Nah, this won’t be a remake like TLoU which was a PS3 game, this will be akin to Uncharted 4/Lost Legacy or Ghost of Tsushima.

Top Bottom