• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rugrats - Adventures in Gameland, coming to consoles, PC, and NES in 2024. Physical release by LRG.

A baby-fresh take on retro-inspired gameplay - Featuring a unique co-op design, where kids and parents need to stick together to win!

A baby's gotta do what a baby's gotta do!

Everyone's favorite babies are back in action! When Tommy, Chuckie, Phil, and Lil see a commercial for the new Reptar video game, they pretend that they're in a video game of their own! Through the power of imagination, the babies transform Tommy's house into a video game world full of action, excitement, and adventure!

Coming to PC and Consoles 2024
Explore 6 different levels throughout the Pickles' residence

Collect Reptar coins to unlock the mysterious Reptar door!

Team up with a friend for some two-player co-op fun!

HD version features hand drawn animations to match the cartoon’s style

Players can toggle between 8bit and HD art

This is wild. Its not based on the reboot series either, it's based on the original and the first three seasons at that based on the lack of Dil.

The 8bit graphics looks very similar to the Game Boy Color Rugrats games, particularly Time Travelers.

I'm probably going to try to get an NES cartridge of this from Limited Run Games in addition to a modern copy.

Doom85

hell yeah GIF

Rugrats was the show I was most obsessed with being a little kid in the early 90’s. Totally down for a fun platformer based on the IP.

Hoppa

Yeah I'm curious how they can go from a 4:3 play area and seemingly differently scaled and shaped world objects in the 8bit mode to the 16:9 HD mode on the fly.
I remember the newest Dragon Quest had something similar (except in full 3D ofc), I haven't played it so not sure if it was just a 2D on/off toggle or something

MrA

Banned
man , what a time to be alive, The licensed dreck returns to the nes after 30 years!
pretty wild much like that mcdonalds gbc game

Puscifer

I hope there's a level based on mega diaper babies, it's such an amazing episode and the theme song for it was great.

Ozzie666

Yeah the main character looks like Bonk, so much so I can't unsee it. Love that in 2023 we are getting things like this.

Doom85

Until Dill showed up...

Funny enough, I like the first two movies, the problem was that clearly Dill and Kim were created to work for a film and not long term as the former couldn’t talk to anyone so he was basically a lesser Spike (the dog) and the latter didn’t have much characterization beyond becoming Chuckie’s sister. These weren’t an issue for a film, but adding them to the full series messed up the character dynamics IMHO.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
I thought there was a joke about Switch being an NES by today’s standards in the thread title.

Lo and behold, it’s an actual NES game. And it looks very, very good!
The music doesn’t sound on par with the graphics, but maybe it’s just a trailer track.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
If i recall too, the original music composer Mark Mothersbaugh (sp) also ended up doing music in the gaming industry after the Rugrats cartoon on games like Spyro, etc....

This actually looks really freaking good for what it is. I have fond memories of this show being an 87 baby myself. I look forward to showing my daughter this show in a few years and maybe we can play this game together.

Worst Behavior

Neo Member

This is wild. Its not based on the reboot series either, it's based on the original and the first three seasons at that based on the lack of Dil.

The 8bit graphics looks very similar to the Game Boy Color Rugrats games, particularly Time Travelers.

I'm probably going to try to get an NES cartridge of this from Limited Run Games in addition to a modern copy.

You just unlocked a memory holy shit. I used to have that time travelers game completely forgot about it.

Top Bottom