• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rose McGowan: Ben Affleck is Lying, he knew about Weinstein raping me and other women

What? Yeah I'm gonna put her on my list for working with a child rapist. At the same time I can feel sympathy for her situation. Those things aren't mutually exclusive. And just because she's a victim doesn't excuse her validating the career of Polanski by working with him.

She’s not validating him. Neither are the dozens of crew people working under him. It’s called a job.

Ashhong

Can we put news about Harvey and other accusations in another thread? Seems weird to make this the catch all news thread.

She’s not validating him. Neither are the dozens of crew people working under him. It’s called a job.

I mean, that's probably he same mindset a lot of the people that continue to work with Weinstein despite all of the "rumors" and stories would say. It's weird. The crew maybe I can understand, but Eva Green isn't exactly some unknown actress. She seems to get plenty of work. The only reasoning for working with someone like Polanski would be that she views the prestige and honor of working with a legendary, talented film maker outweighs the fact that he is currently on the run for raping a 13 year old girl.

I mean, that's probably he same mindset a lot of the people that continue to work with Weinstein despite all of the "rumors" and stories would say. It's weird. The crew maybe I can understand, but Eva Green isn't exactly some unknown actress. She seems to get plenty of work. The only reasoning for working with someone like Polanski would be that she views the prestige and honor of working with a legendary, talented film maker outweighs the fact that he is currently on the run for raping a 13 year old girl.

In all likelihood, the man's movies will last longer than peoples' contempt for him, so this calculation is not entirely fallacious, whatever one thinks of the morality of it.

But but art!

Really is disgusting the monsters some people will defend just because they write/paint well.

I'm reminded of that guy who went to jail for murder and wrote a well received book. A bunch of authors petitioned to get him out even though he was a textbook sociopath. But they had a lot of clout and he gets out...and kills a man in a bar fight a short while later.

Fuchsdh

She's not validating him. Neither are the dozens of crew people working under him. It's called a job.

When McGowan and others equate ignoring immoral acts for their job prospects as immorality itself, the sauce is good for the gander too. She absolutely deserves shit for working with Polanski, the same way McGowan is a hypocrite for working with another convicted child molester and pretending she didn't know. These actors and actresses aren't all just faceless background crew. They all made the same decisions a lot of people in Hollywood did and decided that they were fine with sleaze up to a point where it impacted them.

there isn't one

I have no idea why you're being so confrontational about this. do whatever you want

I'm sorry if you're getting that impression. Specific to Polanski, when people trot out names it's about 50/50 that they are either being genuine in doing so or trying to deflect or dismiss criticism of those that coddle and enrich a known child rapist. So never hurts to check why.

yunbuns

I started getting iffy when she made boycott twitter day the same day as a WoC recognition day.

I'm pretty sure WoCAffirmation happened as a result of the boycott and WoC being against it since a lot of white feminist don't practice solidarity (ex. staying quiet when other WoC are attacked but wanting to boycott when a white woman is attacked, etc). Either way, I'll never understand white women comparing being a woman to dealing with racism/being black. Emilia Clarke did this shit awhile back too.

Nope. Eva and the creator left the show.

So are you implying Logan ended it just so Eva Green could do a Polanski movie? Logan said he ended it on his terms but that always sounded to me like cover for Showtime axing it what with the horrendously rushed final episodes. Either way, there’s no reason to believe she wasn’t open to S4.

neoanarch

So are you implying Logan ended it just so Eva Green could do a Polanski movie? Logan said he ended it on his terms but that always sounded to me like cover for Showtime axing it what with the horrendously rushed final episodes. Either way, there’s no reason to believe she wasn’t open to S4.
Is your form.of arguing just to put words in other people's mouths?

Say whatever you want about the scripts she might or might not be offered. When we are talking about how Hollywood excuses the behavior of abusers away repeatedly ans Eva works with one of the most notorious because he "Is a good director" that's messed up. When she walks hand in hand with him down a red carpet that's fucked up. She made that decision. She didn't have to, she is validating his career. I am not singling her out. Anyone who chose to and continues to work with him is part of the problem.

http://cdn01.cdn.justjared.com/wp-c...man-polanski-for-their-cannes-premiere-19.jpg

Seesaw15

Lot of industry people posting in this thread with first hand knowledge of how many roles actresses over 35 get offered and Eva Green's personal finances. I won't pretend to understand the pressures of working in the industry since after hearing all these Weinstein testimonies it seems more complicated than working with someone = liking them.

Lot of industry people posting in this thread with first hand knowledge of how many roles actresses over 35 get offered and Eva Green's personal finances. I won't pretend to understand the pressures of working in the industry since after hearing all these Weinstein testimonies it seems more complicated than working with someone = liking them.

Stop making excuses for people knowingly working with terrible people.

Eva Green is an adult. She makes her own choices.

She has chosen to work with a known pedophile and fugitive of justice.

That's on her. Only her.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
There's a fear of being blacklisted, particularly with someone in Weinstein's position as a producer. But I don't think you can come out against harassment if you choose to work with a convicted rapist or an alleged child rapist. Maybe it's just the scale - because so many women have come forward with Weinstein and Cosby allegations, so Allen/Polanski look "innocent" by comparison because it's only one woman? Regardless, it's insanely hypocritical either way.

Is your form.of arguing just to put words in other people's mouths?

Say whatever you want about the scripts she might or might not be offered. When we are talking about how Hollywood excuses the behavior of abusers away repeatedly ans Eva works with one of the most notorious because he "Is a good director" that's messed up. When she walks hand in hand with him down a red carpet that's fucked up. She made that decision. She didn't have to, she is validating his career. I am not singling her out. Anyone who chose to and continues to work with him is part of the problem.

http://cdn01.cdn.justjared.com/wp-c...man-polanski-for-their-cannes-premiere-19.jpg

Again, you have no idea what roles she’s being offered or what her finances are or her career situation in general. You’re speculating in a rush to condemn.

What? Yeah I'm gonna put her on my list for working with a child rapist. At the same time I can feel sympathy for her situation. Those things aren't mutually exclusive. And just because she's a victim doesn't excuse her validating the career of Polanski by working with him.

She took a job, that's not a bloody endorsement on what he did. So how deep do you want to get with your precious list? Is it just actors that have collaborated with him post allegations? Or his entire career? Is Jack Nicholson on your precious list? I am on your list for enjoying Chinatown?

You are giving a woman who suffered a sexual assault shit because she choose to work with Roman Polanski. She's not endorsing what he did. She's not responsible what he did. I once worked for Wal-Mart. I guess the horrors they've committed economically are forever linked to me as well.

Stop fucking blaming a victim of sexual assault because you fucking well do not know the conditions of which she accepted that acting gig. God damn it.

There's a fear of being blacklisted, particularly with someone in Weinstein's position as a producer. But I don't think you can come out against harassment if you choose to work with a convicted rapist or an alleged child rapist. Maybe it's just the scale - because so many women have come forward with Weinstein and Cosby allegations, so Allen/Polanski look "innocent" by comparison because it's only one woman? Regardless, it's insanely hypocritical either way.

What if you think Allen is genuinely innocent, as many do?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
It's super weird to see the whole "sexual predators like Weinstein must be punished" statements coming from Hollywood folks while at the same breath Polanski, a fucking rapist escapee, is a figure they clapped on and gave awards to.

Bunch of hypocrites.

She is French though....
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1439444

kevin1025

Banned
If we're condemning Polanski actors, that means Harrison Ford because of Frantic, and at that point you might as well never watch movies again. That ruins Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Blade Runner, and Cowboys & Aliens.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Stop fucking blaming a victim of sexual assault because you fucking well do not know the conditions of which she accepted that acting gig. God damn it.

What if the person putting its name on the list of signatories demanding Polanski release when he was arrested in Switzerland after escaping his trial for pedophile sex crime?

I regret seeing Asia Argento's name in there, truly. It doesn't make Weinstein's treatment to her acceptable, but I just wish she could see how wrong she is to put her name in that petition considering what happened to her due to Weinstein.

What if the person putting its name on the list of signatories demanding Polanski release when he was arrested in Switzerland after escaping his trial for pedophile sex crime?

I've had a bit of wine so I apologise up front Laughing Banana for any miscommunication. If there is a list of people in the industry demanding Polanski's release after his heinous actions became public, is Eva Green on that list?

Rmagnus

Banned
If we're condemning Polanski actors, that means Harrison Ford because of Frantic, and at that point you might as well never watch movies again. That ruins Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Blade Runner, and Cowboys & Aliens.

Sure. Not water off my back. There are tons of entertainment in our short time on earth.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I've had a bit of wine so I apologise up front Laughing Banana for any miscommunication. If there is a list of people in the industry demanding Polanski's release after his heinous actions became public, is Eva Green on that list?

AFAIK no, but Asia Argento is in there, which I find really regrettable.

Also, I am not in the same opinion of you that working with Polanski is not the same as validating his action. It is the same. It says that you find it acceptable to work with a man known as a sexual predator--to underage people, even!--and that it's okay for that man to continue working and make money with your help. Isn't that endorsement?

"I abhor him raping underage children but I accept working as a lead in his next movie!" Don't you recognize how silly this is?

Rmagnus

Banned

Also, I am not in the same opinion of you that working with Polanski is not the same as validating his action. It is the same. It says that you find it acceptable to work with a man known as a sexual predator--to underage people, even!--and that it's okay for that man to continue working and make money with your help. Isn't that endorsement?

"I abhor him raping underage children but I accept working as a lead in his next movie!" Don't you recognize how silly this is?

Same logic that the non racist voting for Trump

aliengmr

How many others has Polanski raped? I imagine it must be quite a lot by now.

Top Bottom