• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story |OT| They rebel - SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the game plan after Episode 9 comes out?

Are they really going to keep up 1 movie per year, or let the IP rest a bit?
I could see them doing side stories every other year before they start up another sequel trilogy.
Don't think this is going to end at episode 9, and I'm okay with that.

The Obi Wan films at least would have to be post episode 9 considering they already have two films lined up between 8 and 9

I could see them doing side stories every other year before they start up another sequel trilogy.
Don't think this is going to end at episode 9, and I'm okay with that.

If they needed another trilogy I don't want episode 10/11/12.

I would like them to adapt KOTOR and KOTOR II, which they could probably blow out into a trilogy (with elements of TOR I guess? lol). But if they did do far past prequel, which I doubt they are willing to do, they'll probably just throw out all of that stuff out and do their own thing. In which case I don't know if I really want it.

We need Kreia.

The ending being a "five minutes before" transition to IV was silly because when Vader captures Leia's ship she's all "nah we're on a diplomatic mission!" but Vader just saw this ship launch from the Rebel Flagship and then he tracked it. Leia's lie is the flimsiest shit.

Don't think you can track through hyper space. He had to go searching.

I think IX should completely end the Skywalker saga, and then "Episode X" could get some kind of new title scheme and start with something totally fresh. Maybe it takes place much later down the line.

sphagnum

Banned
I want a spinoff all about the Mon Calamari.

Admiral Raddus dies in the heat of battle and a young Captain Ackbar must now become Admiral and lead the final firefight against the Empire.

Ackbar is already an Admiral at this point. He helps carry out the evacuation of Yavin in the Leia comic and is regularly seen hanging around with Mothma and the council.

In one of the books (Heir to the Jedi I think) Luke comments that he has "moist charisma".

Zackat

I want a spinoff all about the Mon Calamari.

Admiral Raddus dies in the heat of battle and a young Captain Ackbar must now become Admiral and lead the final firefight against the Empire.

I had a Mon Calamari Jedi in Star Wars Galaxies. I would love to see more of them. I really liked how they looked in this movie.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
I think IX should completely end the Skywalker saga, and then "Episode X" could get some kind of new title scheme and start with something totally fresh. Maybe it takes place much later down the line.

STAR WARS X

whos-next.jpg

I would like them to adapt KOTOR and KOTOR II, which they could probably blow out into a trilogy (with elements of TOR I guess? lol). But if they did do far past prequel, which I doubt they are willing to do, they'll probably just throw out all of that stuff out and do their own thing. In which case I don't know if I really want it.

We need Kreia.
I'd be interested in KOTOR films, but yeah they'd likely throw every out and build from the ground up with the same material OR take inspiration from it to do something similar like Kylo Ren.

But yeah I think it's inevitable that we get episodes 10/11/12

This series is going to exist forever.

I can get behind this.

sphagnum

Banned
Personally I'd like a spinoff of young Qui-Gon and Mace, with Qui-Gon as the carefree rebellious one and Mace as his stick in the mud rival. This would give us a lot more opportunity to explore Dooku as well.

And a movie about the Clone Wars from the separatists' point of view. A man can dream.

Personally I'd like a spinoff of young Qui-Gon and Mace, with Qui-Gon as the carefree rebellious one and Mace as his stick in the mud rival. This would give us a lot more opportunity to explore Dooku as well.

And a movie about the Clone Wars from the separatists' point of view. A man can dream.
I'd rather they just remake the prequels, but that's not happening. So I'd say just leave everything from that era alone.

Enthus

Time for that space horror story with the Yuuzhan Vong like they were thinking about doing as per TCW concept art.

Although I'll always be a bit upset that The Clone Wars never got to tie in directly to ROTS, I am so glad that it never got to the point of using Yuuzhan Vong. Leave them in Legends and let the new canon stay clean of them.

TheXbox

We need Kreia.
I'd like to see them marry the old Bioware games with the new mythology they've been cooking up in TFA/Rogue One. The only way I can see them telling a sweeping, multi-part epic is either after Ep. IX or some thousand years before TPM.

And then when that cycle runs down, we should be right around the time when everyone involved starts seriously looking at the possibility of refreshing the brand around its 60th or 65th anniversary by rebooting everything.
darkest timeline. OT remakes will kill me

We were talking about this in last week's box-office thread, but my bet is that they'll do these three standalone spinoffs (Rogue One, Han & Lando, Formerly the Boba Fett Movie but now Nobody Knows but Maybe it's an Obi-Wan Movie) as they close out the Sequel Trilogy.

Then they'll start in with spinoff films that seem stand-alone, but are set in the same general timeframe, and after three or four of those we'll get one or two where characters and plotlines from those spinoffs are combined.

THEN we'll get whatever Episodes 10-12 are going to be, and the spinoffs between those films will go back to being real standalones.

And then when that cycle runs down, we should be right around the time when everyone involved starts seriously looking at the possibility of refreshing the brand around its 60th or 65th anniversary by rebooting everything.

They still had a readout to figure out how to attack it though.

It's not like it was difficult to figure out. It's entire ass-end is wide open. That readout basically said "Fly up its gaping asshole once the shield is down and blow up the center of it"

Nobody really needed plans for that.

The ending being a "five minutes before" transition to IV was silly because when Vader captures Leia's ship she's all "nah we're on a diplomatic mission!" but Vader just saw this ship launch from the Rebel Flagship and then he tracked it. Leia's lie is the flimsiest shit.
As has been mentioned countless times, they start ANH off with both ships shooting at each other. The first person to mention they're just on a diplomatic mission is the first guy Vader force chokes out as soon as he boards the ship, after several people die in a fight between some rebels and stormtroopers. Clearly they weren't telling the truth, and clearly there wasn't some lie they could potentially come up with that would actually convince Vader they didn't have the plans.

If it's still a problem to you, then it's a problem Lucas introduced in the first movie of a franchise he didn't know beforehand would be successful.

Does anyone else feel that we need more Sith in these films? Like, actually cool, menacing, violent Sith?

There are a million running around in the EU but all we ever got was Vader and the Emperor.

Kylo is cool and all but we need an actually terrifying, violent, serious on screen sith and more than one.

Gravidee

Although I'll always be a bit upset that The Clone Wars never got to tie in directly to ROTS, I am so glad that it never got to the point of using Yuuzhan Vong. Leave them in Legends and let the new canon stay clean of them.

I think stories using them can be executed well. They can repurpose elements from the old EU however they see fit.

Toa TAK

Banned
We were talking about this in last week's box-office thread, but my bet is that they'll do these three standalone spinoffs (Rogue One, Han & Lando, Formerly the Boba Fett Movie but now Nobody Knows but Maybe it's an Obi-Wan Movie) as they close out the Sequel Trilogy.

Then they'll start in with spinoff films that seem stand-alone, but are set in the same general timeframe, and after three or four of those we'll get one or two where characters and plotlines from those spinoffs are combined.

THEN we'll get whatever Episodes 10-12 are going to be, and the spinoffs between those films will go back to being real standalones.

I dunno if I'll live that long to see all that.

Bronx-Man

Banned
When you think about it, Stormtroopers get such a bad rep in the movie. These guys are just working class, economically anxious people that were promised job security by the Empire. I don't know why the rebel alliance had to disrupt the smooth transition of power when they could've just started a dialogue with the Emperor and his followers.

jelly

I wonder if they would do a Jedi in a relationship with kids, not a so short lived one. Hell, an actual couple, not are they, are they not like Han and Leia.

I don't understand how this got slightly weaker reviews than Force Awakens. It's a much stronger film in nearly every way.

I actually got a little misty when
Donny bought it. :(

I wonder if they would do a Jedi in a relationship with kids, not a so short lived one. Hell, an actual couple, not are they, are they not like Han and Leia.
That would be against the Jedi code, which is partially why Anakin turned. If they do that It waters down the consequences of the prequels even more.
Okay then

?
Okay.
New, terrifying, menacing, violent, sith that isn't going to ruin a pre established character.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
I don't understand how this got slightly weaker reviews than Force Awakens. It's a much stronger film in nearly every way.

I actually got a little misty when
Donny bought it. :(

Good character building can carry a film a long way. Rogue One just didn't really do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom