• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Road Rash 64 is hilarious

bronk

Banned
This is a must own N64 title imo. I was playing a ton last night.

Having a lady cop on a bike say "pull over buddy" then use a stun gun on her and kick her into oncoming traffic kills me everytime.

You can stick a club into someones wheels and they immediately flip.

Flying around the corner and plowing into an unseen car is startling and downright funny.

I miss silly dumb violence. Beating up dudes, chicks, cops, innocent bystanders. All in good fun.

This game is much better than reviews would say. It's so much fun to beat on people. Go play it.

🔥Don't you dare mess with my mean machine!🔥

Last edited:

Kuranghi

Sounds great fun haha, I only ever played the Amiga version of the first Road Rash, but I totally loved it.

People seem to say the 3rd is the best, but what consoles are best to play them on?

Rayderism

For me, the best Road Rash was the 3D0, PC, PS1 version. To this day, it's the main reason I still require PS1 compatibility. The great artwork, the funny vids, especially when you get busted. And it was the only game I know of that busts out in music videos if you leave it unattended for too long.

Blond

Banned
It's a shame it didn't have ragdoll physics. It would have made it even better.

I'm sure the N64 CPU would've crippled trying to process this.

OP, that bike update in Burnout Paradise on the 360/PS3 made me want another Road Rash for YEARS.

If you've never played God Hand, you *must*!

Also, I just played Bulletstorm earlier this year and it definitely qualifies for the "silly dumb violence" mentality. It was hilarious and super fun.

I replayed that fight 10 times when I first played it just to hear this song. PLEASE GIVE ME A REMASTER CAPCOMMMMM

Last edited:

Kuranghi

If you've never played God Hand, you *must*!

Also, I just played Bulletstorm earlier this year and it definitely qualifies for the "silly dumb violence" mentality. It was hilarious and super fun.

I'm just finishing up my first run of Full Clip edition, so much fun, looks amazing in 4K60 too. I can't wait to do new game + mode with infinite ammo and all weapons!

I'm gonna terroize those poor bandits on the first few levels with my explosive sniper rifle and cannonball launcher haha

RAIDEN1

Some say that Road Redemption, looks wise is a generation behind, and has lacklustre tracks etc.....as initial efforts go you can't knock the game too much, but just like how we got a re-master or reboot of Command and Conqueor and Streets of Rage, Road Rash deserves the same treatment too..

Kuranghi

Some say that Road Redemption, looks wise is a generation behind, and has lacklustre tracks etc.....as initial efforts go you can't knock the game too much, but just like how we got a re-master or reboot of Command and Conqueor and Streets of Rage, Road Rash deserves the same treatment too..

I think it looks a lot better than the initial reveal, I was gonna give it a go after it was shown in a showcase recently and reminded it existed. Looked fun.

Agreed on 2nd point too.

synchronicity

Gold Member
I'm just finishing up my first run of Full Clip edition, so much fun, looks amazing in 4K60 too. I can't wait to do new game + mode with infinite ammo and all weapons!

I'm gonna terroize those poor bandits on the first few levels with my explosive sniper rifle and cannonball launcher haha

I played it through 3 straight times just in the past week. I rarely ever do something like that. I just finished a very hard overkill run - wasn't too bad, especially because I'd unlocked infinite ammo for a few weapons from getting all the skillshots.

I've been playing Echoes and that has been awesome too. I think I'll keep going and try to get the few skillshots I've missed. And the campaign itself was the absolutely right kind of dumb parody to keep me laughing. Such an incredible game.

synchronicity

Gold Member
I'm sure the N64 CPU would've crippled trying to process this.

OP, that bike update in Burnout Paradise on the 360/PS3 made me want another Road Rash for YEARS.

I replayed that fight 10 times when I first played it just to hear this song. PLEASE GIVE ME A REMASTER CAPCOMMMMM

We need a Gene spank reaction! :p

MiguelItUp

I haven't played Road Redemption since a lot of the later updates, but when I played it was still pretty rough. The similarities and influence were there of course, but it just felt kind of hollow. I should give it another whirl to see if it feels better.

That being said, I wish we could just get a legit new Road Rash. It was one of my favorite games on Genesis.

Also, I should probably buy this for my 64, lol.

Terenty

I still think Road Rash on 3do had the best soundtrack of any game. Paw, Soundgarden, Swervedriver,Hammerbox etc. Great collection

To go along with your theme, the San Francisco Rush games on N64 are other must-plays if you like absurdity. Launching off ramps and flying through the air never gets old. Not many dudes or chicks to beat up, though, so I hope that's okay.

bronk

Banned
To go along with your theme, the San Francisco Rush games on N64 are other must-plays if you like absurdity. Launching off ramps and flying through the air never gets old. Not many dudes or chicks to beat up, though, so I hope that's okay.
I literally played Rush 1, 2 then this. So much fun. They are borderline impossible to win a race. I'm happy just flying hundreds of feet straight into a building and exploding. Top-C all day son for that quick reset

I heard nothing but bad things about Road Rash 64 for many years. I played it for the first time a few years ago and thought it was actually decent and a good laugh.

I literally played Rush 1, 2 then this. So much fun. They are borderline impossible to win a race. I'm happy just flying hundreds of feet straight into a building and exploding. Top-C all day son for that quick reset
Yeah growing up my friends and I would try (in Rush) to find where the ramps led or whether a shortcut was good or not. Using it in a race successfully was often another story, but it was fun trying.

Top Bottom