• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rise of The Ronin | Review Thread

What Scores do you think Rise of the Ronin will get?

• 60-65%

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • 66-69%

Votes: 7 2.6%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 38 14.1%
  • 76-79%

Votes: 75 27.8%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 93 34.4%
  • 86-89%

Votes: 44 16.3%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • 96-100%

Votes: 3 1.1%

• Total voters
Take this PoS out of here. Guy used to blatantly steal the script of smaller channels for his videos. But I won't derail the thread for this more than am already doing.
Im guessing pretty long. Guy streamed yesterday for 12hrs or so and was still on first island/section(there are 3). He was playing on medium difficulty though and didn't die a lot. Probably 50+ hrs of content I'd guess

Ogbert

German stream

Thanks for that.

Watched about 10 minutes. I dunno. It looks really derivative. It’s basically Team Ninja does Ubisoft.

Perhaps there’s a really engaging combat loop and progression system to be had, but on initial viewing it reeks of 6/7 out of 10.

Kamina

Golden Boy
I really like the grass in this game.
Graphics look mostly better than expected but are obviously nothing to write home about.
Combat is very nice, but hard at first
The world look pretty good. Villagers go about day and work, talk,…; there is enough to do and to find.

The Game features 3 modes:
Performance, Graphics and Raytracing
FPS cap is an additional toggle for the latter too.
Performance is a little inconsistent but works.
Graphics at capped FPS seems fine, uncapped sucks.
Raytracing mode has some situational stutter in both capped an uncapped, but performance is much more fluid uncapped than graphics mode.

Last edited:

Monkfish877

Hoping this game is good, loved Nioh 1 and 2 and platinumed both but skipped on Wo-Long because I heard bad things about it. Hoping this is a return to form for team ninja.

Last edited:
47 Ronin starring Keanu Reaves / The Last Samurai starring Tom Cruise
But if they were to make a movie about Yasuke, people will say its woke...

React Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

I hope this game does well so we can get more AAA games about Samurais and Ninjas.

Last edited:

StueyDuck

I still don't understand why I should have some seething hatred for this game 🤣

It looks the most important thing a game should be... fun

Ozriel

M$FT
They want a AA game that looks, feels, and plays like a AAA game.

But this isn’t an AA title, though. They’ve worked on it for around 8 years now, and they call it their biggest and most ambitious project yet.
That said, I think the visuals are getting unjust hate here, and they seem fine. Buyers and reviewers should focus on the gameplay and narrative.

Elios83

Currently 77 metacritic. Not a masterpiece but certainly great for fans of the genre and the setting.
Ghost of Tsushima was criminally underrated at launch on PS4 with a 83 metascore.
With Ronin the technical part not being AAA and the open world not reinventing the wheel are impacting the score.

I will definetly play it after I'm done with FF7R in...a month since I want the platinum "pie_tears_joy: ?

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
The combat on the stream from yesterday looked bad to me but the reviews say its decent, which is what I would expect from TN. Looks like the game has issues though. Sadge.

Last edited:
Reviews are praising the thing that matters most in a Team Ninja game: combat. Anyway, like I said, will be picking it up once I've cleared my plate of all the JRPG goodness I'm currently immersed in, hype!

Top Bottom