• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RIP Takeoff (Migos group member) shot dead

Senua

Gold Member
Senseless violence over a damn dice game?

RIP
dice is real bidness
Gd6mcHB.gif

drganon

Condolences to his friends and family, but Im going to be brutally honest. I've never heard of him or his group. I'm pretty sure I've reached the age where music made after my mid to late 20s might as well not exist.

chromhound

So someone from his crew was shooting everywhere and hit Takeoff (friendly fire) and the other crew shot back and also hit Takeoff. All of this because Quavo wasn't happy losing money on the dice game

Mr Hyde

Reminds me of when Proof from D12 got shot over game of pool. He got into an argument with another player and it resulted in an altercation that ended with Proof being shot in the head by a bouncer. I think he was the same age as this dude too, like 28. It's crazy to think people can get so riled up over something so trivial that they feel the need to pull a gun on somebody.

First off, fuck those who recorded and tweeted the video of his lifeless body in a pool of blood. That's fucking disgusting and all for clout. Fucking people make me sick. Have some respect.

Second, what are they doing playing a game of dice at 3am in the morning and for money? They're already earning a decent living. These things ALWAYS go wrong. I know because I lost friends to this shit back in South Africa. There's always someone who's going to feel like they're being cheated on in these stupid ass games and the result is always physical violence, fist fights, stabbing, guns, blunt weapons. I've seen it all.

Pisses me off. Now we lost a young entertainer over a fucking game of dice.

Last edited:

Hip Hop

Reminds me of when Proof from D12 got shot over game of pool. He got into an argument with another player and it resulted in an altercation that ended with Proof being shot in the head by a bouncer. I think he was the same age as this dude too, like 28. It's crazy to think people can get so riled up over something so trivial that they feel the need to pull a gun on somebody.
What people dont know about that story is that Proof would have been fucked either way.

Proof killed a man, drunk while playing pool.
Then the bouncer shot him dead after that. The bouncer got acquitted for the killing.

If Proof would have survived, he would have been in prison for life.

What alcohol did in the Migos and Proof situation.

Last edited:

Kadve

And the bullet wasn't even meant for him from what i heard. He got hit by a stray from his own "side".

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Rappers from the 80's forward dying of gun violence is the rap equivalent of Classic Rock stars dying from drug overdoses from the 60's to the 80's.

Turns out the medium and it's culture will cause more death to its users than anything else.

RIP.

dorkimoe

I have a hard time feeling bad for these people. Especially after you made it big and you’re gonna continue to hang in these types of groups with that type mentality. Just sickening. It’s also sad there’s not much outrage over gang violence in that community.

Kadve

Rappers from the 80's forward dying of gun violence is the rap equivalent of Classic Rock stars dying from drug overdoses from the 60's to the 80's.

Turns out the medium and it's culture will cause more death to its users than anything else.

RIP.
7 people just this year (6 in the US) and all of them shot. This culture is just stupid.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
This wasn't a gang shooting. This was basically dumb motherfucker shit!

Takeoff wasn't doing anything. He got alerted by the sound of an argument, stood up and got shot by his side and then got shot in the head by the guy Quavo was beefing with. Takeoff wasn't involved in any of that shit!

I'm angry because folks talking like he was gangbanging... He kept to himself and didn't bother anyone. That was his WHOLE M.O.

Just sad, man.

Last edited:
Top Bottom