• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Returnal Review Thread (PS5)

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Look through the tweets and replies to her from Jeff. He’s an attention seeking child.
Who isn't an attention seeking whore on Twitter?
yeh, honestly, he isn't worth wasting any time on. Its best to just ignore him.
I always find it funny how the lowest review scorer on Metacritic always gets so much shit. Like, who gives crap if someone has a different opinion. I know thin skinned folks around here think Jeff is an Xboy, but in reality, if you followed him at all, he is mostly a Switch / PC gamer.

Hendrick's

He triple down. What a fucking douche. He did not get half way through returnal. His review states in progress and and still give the game a score. People disagree with dia not because of her review. Like I sad these people give the game low scores and move on, you don't have to find negative opinion to match your and justify it. Gene Park and now Jeff Grubb. Both of them keep quoting her. Lol.
mNEAgZ1.jpg
mNEAgZ1.jpg
lEkB3Kr.jpg
The difference my dear Dia, is that no one knows who the fuck you are while Gamespot is quite popular.

Last edited:

Papacheeks

Banned
Look through the tweets and replies to her from Jeff. He’s an attention seeking child.

Yea, he's justified because he supports the click. Like this anti-cancelling BS because people disagree is really nausiating to read. Like reset era thinks colin is a bigot right wing nazi, and im like how can you want change and be comforting if the space your creating get's rattled so easily? Maybe trying to use social media/internet chat as a tool for change isn't the best way to do it?

Everyone has been bending the knee, and im like what ever more power too you. But my issue is theres no consistancy. I watched a guy complain about being banned for 3 days. Who got banned for nothing. It's angering to see that the internet is the barrometer for change in our society. Thats not how the world works. Are law makers using tweets to formulate laws/bills?

No they dont. ANd if they did thats fucking scary.

You want change? Please start going to protests, be part of your local government. All social media and sites do is enforce a false sense of accpetance and change. As seen with reviewers like Grubb. The more research thats done, the more USA is going to be laughed at for how companies went woke and made them selves look like ass hats in cancelling out certain disagreements with specific ideology's.

Sorry mods, rant over.

I get Returnal tomorrow from best buy, cant wait.

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

Maybe it could fell weird at beginning but you are not supposed to pause... you are suppose to restart.
Restart is part of the mechanics of Rogue-like games.

It is fine to restart over and over again... in fact it is how you progress.

Yeah sometimes Id restart just to get a better weapon choice and gear etc

ethomaz

Banned
The difference my dear Dia, is that no one knows who the fuck you are while Gamespot is quite popular.
That doesn't make any sense with what you quoted.

The fuck you talking about for quoting me on that.
This... I have no ideia if he even understood what he quoted.
I believe he is trying to damage control something but Dia is not even in the tweet he quoted.

Last edited:

Hendrick's

That doesn't make any sense with what you quoted.

This... I have no ideia if he even understood what he quoted.
I believe he is trying to damage control something but Dia is not even in the tweet he quoted.
Eh I had the name wrong. Replace Dia with Sophia. They are both nobodies, but my point still stands.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
He triple down. What a fucking douche. He did not get half way through returnal. His review states in progress and and still give the game a score. People disagree with dia not because of her review. Like I sad these people give the game low scores and move on, you don't have to find negative opinion to match your and justify it. Gene Park and now Jeff Grubb. Both of them keep quoting her. Lol.
mNEAgZ1.jpg
mNEAgZ1.jpg
lEkB3Kr.jpg

Never trust an "Arse"nal fan's taste.

Hendrick's

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I got it now. He did not follow the story at all and just chime in and post.
Had to stick up for Grubb because he's "totally not an Xbox guy, he is a Switch/PC guy, promise," but ignore the fact that most PCMR are MS/Xbox adjacent in the great console war "battle" and have been doing so with them for quite some time. His very own Twitter account he told us to follow is on display where he does just that. That is really the rub, even if Grubb has made a total assclown of himself far beyond his review with his wOkE m'lady goofiness.

ethomaz

Banned

Kangx

Does he, or is that just your confirmation bias at work? If that were the case, why does he mostly talk about playing PC and Switch?

Also see this list.

https://venturebeat.com/2020/12/29/jeff-grubbs-top-10-games-of-2020/

I don't like the guy either, but the Sony persecution complex is pathetic.
People have bias. You, me and everyone else. Ask yourself this. Why do sony fans keep stating that he is bias toward xbox. There is pattern. Also, Microsoft embraced pc for a long time so yes, he is actually gravitate toward Microsoft.

Does he, or is that just your confirmation bias at work? If that were the case, why does he mostly talk about playing PC and Switch?

Also see this list.

https://venturebeat.com/2020/12/29/jeff-grubbs-top-10-games-of-2020/

I don't like the guy either, but the Sony persecution complex is pathetic.
Yeah I totally agree with you but you aren't going to convince anyone in this thread that anything said that is negative about a PS5 game isn't some sort of conspiracy. Jeff should have known better and you should too.

On topic the game looks interesting but I do wish that there was more positive progression instead losing as much as I read that you do. It looks like a quality title and hopefully it elevates all developers to make fantastic games.

Tmack

This might be a deal breaker for many I feel. I haven't encountered any concerns yet though. According to the other place, Matt stated that a 'quick resume' feature is coming at some point in the future.

Dont get it, people complaining about rest mode while you are not suposed to save.... so you lose your 90+ min run? That`s on you, that`s how the game was designed for.

nerdface

Banned
Ive watched a lot of reviews, seem to be a lot of similar discussions. Sounds like a great game with a couple flaws, and sounds like I’m gonna get a lot of playtime out of it.

Best game I’ve played in the last 2 years. I love Hades.

I finished it twice sunday cause I needed a quick break from monster hunter.

It’s so much fun. I’m only on heat 19 now, but I can pump up all the bosses, enemy prefixes, and enemy numbers.

I never understood the enemy variety complaints, considering the heat buffs they get. It’s laugh out loud fun.

ethomaz

Banned
Dont get it, people complaining about rest mode while you are not suposed to save.... so you lose your 90+ min run? That`s on you, that`s how the game was designed for.
You know people doesn't want to follow the story and beat the game (I don't think it is possible) just using the last saved place.
You will miss everything from gameplay and story in a rogue-like game but they want that.

From Grubb? It would be enough to list the tweets that he has made on the subject of the PS5 so far...If you can not see a clear bias/pattern of trolling, then you should get your head checked. The guy is a MS PR guy at this point.
Just wait Riky Riky and the trupe will be completed.
All of them like expected will defense Mr. Grubb.

Last edited:
Yeah I totally agree with you but you aren't going to convince anyone in this thread that anything said that is negative about a PS5 game isn't some sort of conspiracy. Jeff should have known better and you should too.

On topic the game looks interesting but I do wish that there was more positive progression instead losing as much as I read that you do. It looks like a quality title and hopefully it elevates all developers to make fantastic games.

From Grubb? It would be enough to list the tweets that he has made on the subject of the PS5 so far...If you can not see a clear bias/pattern of trolling, then you should get your head checked. The guy is a MS PR pawn at this point.

Last edited:

Hendrick's

People have bias. You, me and everyone else. Ask yourself this. Why do sony fans keep stating that he is bias toward xbox. There is pattern. Also, Microsoft embraced pc for a long time so yes, he is actually gravitate toward Microsoft.
The only reason Sony fans dislike him is because he has been leaking positive Xbox news lately. It's that simple. Nobody was saying a thing when he was leaking PlayStation stuff not that long ago.

engstra

That defeats the purpose of the game though, innnit?
How does it? The reviewers are fully aware of how a rogue game works and no one is asking for a save feature to be able to retry upon dying, merely to be able to quit the game and pick up from where they left off.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
How does it? The reviewers are fully aware of how a rogue game works and no one is asking for a save feature to be able to retry upon dying, merely to be able to quit the game and pick up from where they left off.
I am under the impression the nature of the game is based on endurance. Getting a breather goes against the nature of said endurance, especially tied to the story and her going cray cray over it, no?

Last edited:

Dr Bass

Didn't Grubb completely make up the RE8 PS5 "having trouble at 1080 while XSX runs flawlessly at 4k60" rumor because he was tired of PS5 having good news? Am I mistaken? Wasn't it him, and didn't he admit to completely fabricating it when he initially claimed he had "sources"?

How can a person like that not be completely out of the business after that? I don't know why you or anyone would defend that.

Edit: Ok turns out I was totally mistaken. Ignore me on this one!

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Didn't Grubb completely make up the RE8 PS5 "having trouble at 1080 while XSX runs flawlessly at 4k60" rumor because he was tired of PS5 having good news? Am I mistaken? Wasn't it him, and didn't he admit to completely fabricating it when he initially claimed he had "sources"?

How can a person like that not be completely out of the business after that? I don't know why you or anyone would defend that.
No, that was Dust Golem. Grubb has his own rubb.

ethomaz

Banned

That was Dust Golem.

Grubb made up worst FUD.

quest

Not Banned from OT
How dare someone have a life. Fuck you man if you can't sit down for 3 hours straight for each section. What do you think this is 1990 ffs saves take a lot of space on a NES cartridge. Poor design if you go hours between saves in this day and age ffs.

Last edited:
Top Bottom