• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Returnal has gone GOLD!

The plot šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

XjnEsqx.jpg

6aA0YvQ.gif

Really hope it ainā€™t true, but Iā€™m sure it probably is

Way to go woke Housemarque. Enjoy going broke.

48I7l4s.png
Please be true.

Sony insider here with the real plot of returnal.

Itā€™s actually a metaphor for reality of Xbox as a platform in the game industry. Itā€™s crazy but trust me, this is all true.

First the house. This is my personal favorite part of the game. The guys at howsymarqy (what we insiders call them) really killed it with this. Itā€™s symbolic of the ā€œXbox safe spaceā€ also known as the first couple hours of playing a new Xbox first party where the player is still trying to convince themself they are having fun and that the game lives up to Microsoftā€™s hype. Think halo 5, gears 5, and crackdown 3. Thereā€™s a bunch of little Easter eggs here, the best one is the hbox which you can have the character turn on, and your character sits there staring at a blank screen and an internal monologue plays wondering where all the games are.

As for the rouge-like aspect of the game, the purpose is to have the character represent Xbox executives trying to ā€œwin.ā€ Think of each new upgrade or weapon you pick up as something new Xbox has tried. The speed boost power up is referred to internally as the power of the cloud. The strongest gun in terms of pure damage output is actually a reskin of the starting weapon. The player is meant to feel happy about the power, but they quickly realize some of the other rare weapons are far more fun to use. The dying and reset aspect of being a roguelike is symbolism for each time the Xbox ends up last in any given console generation but gets a surge in cash from Microsoft to try again. The best Easter egg during this part of the game is a master chief secret boss section. You enter his arena ready to fight but he breaks down crying and begs to be put out of his misery.

The enemies are the real twist. You start off thinking they represent Nintendo and Sonyā€™s first parties and various services, but come to realize they are stands in for things like Kinect, red ring of death, and consumer taste. As the game progresses far enough though, you finally encounter Bill Pencer. The ruler of this world. He wants, desperately, for the player to succeed but has a jekyll and hyde type of thing going on. Heā€™ll throw you power ups and dope weapons at the start of the fight, but transforms into his evil personality and starts throwing out crazy combos that will one shot the player. This is the final twist of the game, there is no end. He is impossible to beat. You can never win, just keep playing the cycle over and over.

Prove this fake.
Figure with all the talk of Xbox in this post there'd be some mention of Game pass in there somewhere. Odd to get in Kinect and red ring of death but no Game pass. Also tossed in Crackdown 3 but no Forza? Good stuff!

GHG

Fuck you what is the spoiler. I can't see anything

It's an image.

This is it if you can't see it:

The reason she keeps seeing her house is because its all really taking place in her house in oregon. She is a single lesbian who divorced her abusive husband and post menopause is experiencing "menopausal dementia" and the game is her working through it with a therapist to confront how her husband stifled her. At the end she accepts her lesbian victimhood and her heterochromia goes away and she finds a new none breeder lease on life.

No this is not a parody .

Renozokii

Figure with all the talk of Xbox in this post there'd be some mention of Game pass in there somewhere. Odd to get in Kinect and red ring of death but no Game pass. Also tossed in Crackdown 3 but no Forza? Good stuff!
Well my sources say forza horizon is the reason howsymarqy keeps a spare Xbox in break room, they like that one. And according to my source gamepass is actually their real world plan if returnal doesnā€™t sell well, Sony is apparently ok with it since MS is sending all developers a voucher for 50 million if they respond to Philā€™s Twitter dms and itā€™s easy money.

Well my sources say forza horizon is the reason howsymarqy keeps a spare Xbox in break room, they like that one. And according to my source gamepass is actually their real world plan if returnal doesnā€™t sell well, Sony is apparently ok with it since MS is sending all developers a voucher for 50 million if they respond to Philā€™s Twitter dms and itā€™s easy money.
I just hope you love the game so much you forget Xbox even exists. I can't even figure out what Xbox has to do with Returnal anyway. I do wish it had multi-player though.

It's an image.

The reason she keeps seeing her house is because its all really taking place in her house in oregon. She is a single lesbian who divorced her abusive husband and post menopause is experiencing "menopausal dementia" and the game is her working through it with a therapist to confront how her husband stifled her. At the end she accepts her lesbian victimhood and her heterochromia goes away and she finds a new none breeder lease on life.

Thanks.

I don't see an issue with the plot of this game just like I didn't see an issue with Last Of Us 2. Are people just too sensitive nowadays?

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Oh hell.. this sounds creepy. I like it. Is there a glimpse of interstellar in there?

Sadly, you seem to be stuck in that shit planet, full of monsters called Atropos:

I have a bunch in mind that I would love to send them there in a one-way flight.

Last edited:

GHG

Thanks.

I don't see an issue with the plot of this game just like I didn't see an issue with Last Of Us 2. Are people just too sensitive nowadays?

It's not about being "sensitive", it's about whether you find the themes interesting or not. Personally if that's what it's about then I really won't find that interesting, in fact I think it's awful and it seems like an excuse to go after woke points.

Would much rather a balls to the wall science fiction story.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
It's not about being "sensitive", it's about whether you find the themes interesting or not. Personally if that's what it's about then I really won't find that interesting, in fact I think it's awful and it seems like an excuse to go after woke points.

It's most likely just trolling, don't take it seriously.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Brilliant move if that leak is true, outlets will have to give it a good review or have Twitter verse come down on them.

Raonak

Banned
Very hyped for this game, Housemarque basically kept early PS3 and PS4 afloat with super stardust and resogun.
Big budget rougelike sounds like my jam. The gameplay looks kinda like a 3rd person version of DOOM(2016), where you can't just stick to cover.

also lol @ people who can't afford games lmfao

That would be nice.

drotahorror

It's an image.

If that's true, I'm out. I don't want to roll my fuckin eyes all game.

Last edited:

nillapuddin

How badly should I pursue this in my fantasy league, nobody has it and Im starting to think it might be a critical darling. What do yall think?

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
Even as someone criticizing the game, thereā€™s no way that plot leak is real, cā€™mon.

The menopausal bit is a bridge too far. Unless thereā€™s a grain of truth and it was embellished further for a laugh, no way.

tommib

Oh hell.. this sounds creepy. I like it. Is there a glimpse of interstellar in there?
I heard the Crash track with headphones and my jaw dropped. The amount of layers of processed strings, gorgeous synths and noise blasts gets me hard. If the rest of the soundtrack is at this level we might have some very special music here. Itā€™s a good year for soundtracks with The Medium and this one coming out.

GymWolf

This game looks like it's gonna be a good one. Look at that ryzen at work.

The ryzen cpu is probably sleeping in this game, i don't see any advanced physics, destruction or advanced ia that can't be made on a jaguar...

All the particle effects are more gpu work (and they are really not better than what you see in gow or horizon)

Yo SLB1904 SLB1904 why the laugh?! Fanboyism apart do you really think that this game flex the muscle of a ryzen in any discernible way?! Maybe you see something that i don't...

Last edited:

Radical_3d

It looks like a fun game but this is no near a big budget game. It looks like a up-res PS3 game. They are pushing too far with the price point but the whinning about it is over the top. FFS is not a Corvette.

Sw0pDiller

Lol do you really believe that crap?
There are some serious warriors going around. It's brilliant really. Make enough fake fuzz about some woke element in an ps exclusive game and people will walk with it. Game gets review bombed cuz xbox fans can't have ps5 getting great game while gamepass is clearly the best option with "free" games (while costing 180 euro).

GymWolf

There are some serious warriors going around. It's brilliant really. Make enough fake fuzz about some woke element in an ps exclusive game and people will walk with it. Game gets review bombed cuz xbox fans can't have ps5 getting great game while gamepass is clearly the best option with "free" games (while costing 180 euro).
I mean, i have reserves about the game but that leak seems more fake than the blm movement...

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
I thought he was being sarcastic but hes actually serious šŸ˜…

GymWolf

Because no trailer has yet to show stable framerate, everything is a jerky as fuck.
You may have a point but i'm kinda optimistic, housemarque know that a frenetic roguelite need a stable framerate, and the machine is more than capable of doing this with this level of graphic fidelity (the game onestly look worse than some ps4 titles to me).

Last edited:

RedVIper

Banned
Nah, Sony needs to only make whore-like protagonists.

NierAutomata-3.jpg

bayonetta-bayonetta-2-video-games-winged-wallpaper.jpg

If she's not hot, dressed like a stripper, and extremely weak-built like she never had a catfight at school then that's some serious agenda.

If she wears normal, convincing clothes or armor then you know what that means; intentionally forcing their woke agenda.

horizon-zero-dawn-aloy-prime1-bunker158-3.jpg

80613-returnal-sony-playstation.jpg

And be ware of The Worst of Us!

344325-Ellie-The-Last-of-Us-Part-2-The-Last-of-Us-Part-II-TLOU-TLOU2-Video-Game.jpg

And why the fuck use steroids in an apocalyptical world full of zombies and monsters?

abbybody.0.jpeg

She only needs those muscles if she's an MMA fighter, there is the real danger not zombies.

ronda-rousey-huge1.jpg

Also Abby gets fucked! That's crazy! Only muscular men can get fucked, not muscular females.

b286cdc223b5fb952f5532c63a00efbd.jpg

Imagine if Joel looked like that bottom picture, how retarded would that be?

Last edited:
The ryzen cpu is probably sleeping in this game, i don't see any advanced physics, destruction or advanced ia that can't be made on a jaguar...

All the particle effects are more gpu work (and they are really not better than what you see in gow or horizon)

Yo SLB1904 SLB1904 why the laugh?! Fanboyism apart do you really think that this game flex the muscle of a ryzen in any discernible way?! Maybe you see something that i don't...
I'll tell you what's in the game that the Jaguar can't do though... 60fps :messenger_tears_of_joy:

The doom games are 60 fps on old console and they dont look an inch worse than returnal with a lot of shit and effects on screen.
That's because ID are literal wizards, though the old consoles have relatively frequent drops into the 40s and frequent drops into the low and mid 50s in Doom Eternal, but it's technical wizardry that they even managed that on Jaguar.

GymWolf

That's because ID are literal wizards, though the old consoles have relatively frequent drops into the 40s and frequent drops into the low and mid 50s in Doom Eternal, but it's technical wizardry that they even managed that on Jaguar.
I guess you have a point, although we had other rock solid 60 fps game with much more shit on screen than returnal (halo 5 for example).

It's just that i really don't see a modern ryzen flexing his muscles for a game like returnal, it really doesn't look look anything special in term of graphic (or other heavy cpu aspects)

Last edited:
Top Bottom