• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Village ships over 3 million units worldwide

hroerekr

Good to see it performing well. But the pandemic and more platforms didn't revert the series decline.

First week (roughly):
RE6 4.5M
RE5 4M
RE2R 3M
RE8 3M
RE7 2.5M
RE3 2M

At least Capcom is having realistic expectations now (based on the leaks, 5.2M First Quarter and 7.3M First Year)

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Good to see it performing well. But the pandemic and more platforms didn't revert the series decline.

First week (roughly):
RE6 4.5M
RE5 4M
RE2R 3M
RE8 3M
RE7 2.5M
RE3 2M

At least Capcom is having realistic expectations now (based on the leaks, 5.2M First Quarter and 7.3M First Year)
It is set to be the best selling RE ever created beating RE7.
7.3m in first year tells you pretty much that.

ClosBSAS

Pc version sold at least 1 million copies so 3 million puts pc and console market a lot closer than its ever been. Both markets are making shit ton of money for devs

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Plus it’s a next gen title imagine it being a launch title, why did the game need 7 more months? Anyway, RE7 was Wild it’s hard to imagine fps re being a thing.

gamer82

Anyone who has this how are the triggers supposed to work as I’m getting nothing, all I hear is a clicking noise when I switch weapons.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Awesome to see. I really enjoyed my time with the game.

From what I've seen, a lot of people that have bashed it were expecting something completely different. Or they had surreal expectations that wouldn't and couldn't be met no matter what. I went in hoping it'd be just as good as RE7 if not better, and while the experience is different I think it delivered just that. Good time for sure.

EDMIX

It sold at launch way below Capcom public expectations.

It that is what flop means... underperform... then yes.
Just stop.

I've heard that crap for a very long time you're literally fucking talking about one of the most successful Resident Evil games and I've seen no evidence even remotely to suggest that Capcom was disappointed with Resident Evil 7 sales.

I mean Jesus Christ you're talkin about a game that moved over 8 million units...

So I'm not really sure how long people could keep singing that fake ass tune that they must be "disappointed".

ethomaz

Banned
Just stop.

I've heard that crap for a very long time you're literally fucking talking about one of the most successful Resident Evil games and I've seen no evidence even remotely to suggest that Capcom was disappointed with Resident Evil 7 sales.

I mean Jesus Christ you're talkin about a game that moved over 8 million units...

So I'm not really sure how long people could keep singing that fake ass tune that they must be "disappointed".
Man.
You really have short memory.

It indeed had legs... and that is a way different concept from full priced sales.

Last edited:

EDMIX

Man.
You really have short memory.

It indeed had legs... and that is a way different concept from full priced sales.
3.5 million instead of 4 million is not a flop by any means bud.

Just stop lol

ethomaz

Banned
Last edited:

EDMIX

Read again my post that you quoted.

BTW they are still below expectations.
Capcom target 10 million sales lifetime with RE7... maybe they reach there.

yea..........LIFETIME SALES.

You know not of where RE7's sales will rest in a LIFETIME bud. Its already one of the best selling RE games.

Its a tired spin that gets old every time the game reaches a milestone. With RE8 having a deep connection to RE7, the sales will continue and this is before a remaster on PS5 and Series X...BEFORE 1 fucking remaster the game is at 8 plus million.

ethomaz

Banned

You know not of where RE7's sales will rest in a LIFETIME bud. Its already one of the best selling RE games.

Its a tired spin that gets old every time the game reaches a milestone. With RE8 having a deep connection to RE7, the sales will continue and this is before a remaster on PS5 and Series X...BEFORE 1 fucking remaster the game is at 8 plus million.
That doesn’t change anything I said lol
I mean what I said are factual... it underperformed to Capcom.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Last edited:
Good for Capcom. They nailed it. While not scratching my personal top 5 RE games, I think Capcom delivered the best designed RE game to date and an experience that newcomers and veterans can equally enjoy. It's a near masterpiece IMO, not because it's introduces mind blowing new concepts, but simply because it's so damn playable and rewards replay. Just an incredibly solid game through and through.
"... near masterpiece..."

"... [doesn't] scratch my top 5..."

C'mon Fart Town, make up your mind :messenger_winking_tongue:

fart town usa

Gold Member
"... near masterpiece..."

"... [doesn't] scratch my top 5..."

C'mon Fart Town, make up your mind :messenger_winking_tongue:
Ha, right.

Too much love for the OG Series and Remake 2. Top five: OG 96, RE2, RE3, CVX, Remake 2. Village would be #6 though for sure.

Love this game. Doing a 2nd playthrough right now and it's just as good so far. Nice noticing small things I missed on the first run.

Resident Evil Village Ships Over 4 Million Units Globally!
Steady userbase growth fueled by praise for gameplay that balances horror and action

Capcom Co., Ltd. (Capcom) today announced that multi-platform title Resident Evil Village, the latest entry in the Resident Evil series, has shipped over 4 million units* worldwide. (*Includes sales of digital version)

Resident Evil Village is the sequel to Resident Evil 7 biohazard (which has gone on to ship a cumulative 9 million units as of March 31, 2021) and features a higher degree of action and even more expansive, highly engaging gameplay. In the game, players take on the role of protagonist Ethan Winters as they delve into a new kind of survival horror set in a mysterious, snowy village. Lauded for its technical merits, including its stunning, photorealistic visuals and cutting-edge 3D audio, the game also won support from fans for featuring appealing characters grounded in traditional horror and gameplay that expertly balanced elements of action and horror. This resulted in worldwide shipments of the title surpassing 4 million units.

Capcom remains firmly committed to satisfying the expectations of all stakeholders by leveraging its industry-leading game development capabilities.

In comparison, predecessor Resident Evil 7: biohazard shipped 4.1 million units in around 10 months.

Last edited:

Stuart360

I know this is an old discussion but i thought RE7 had become the 2nd, or 1st best selling RE game already?. I'm sure i read that on here in the past.
Capcom can have what expectations it wants, but RE7 has been a success by franchise standards.

EDMIX

I know this is an old discussion but i thought RE7 had become the 2nd, or 1st best selling RE game already?. I'm sure i read that on here in the past.
Capcom can have what expectations it wants, but RE7 has been a success by franchise standards.

Agreed. All this before any official next gen remaster in 4k with extras. Looking at how well RE8 has sold and how it ties with RE7, I thinks its clear RE9 will have a lot to do with that storyline and the sales of RE7 will continue when people realize what happens in 8 and 9, starts with 7.

NikuNashi

Is that good numbers for a AAA First Person Shooter?

Its not a Resident Evil game unless its third person

Top Bottom