• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Village ships over 3 million units worldwide

cormack12

Gold Member
Source: https://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/news/html/e210511a.html

rbxQFs.jpg

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
That's a lot of copies in such a short time and a lot of money (~$180 million) for Capcom.

Also, roughly $40 million for Sony.

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Where did you get the PC, Xbox and PS5 sales figures to get to that number?
And only physical.
This isn't the right thread for that (and we should move to the other one for further discussion), but just to answer your question:

1. Because UK is Xbox's stronger market, this split will scale as is in other countries. If anything, PS will likely get a bigger percentage of sales because Xbox isn't as strong in other countries as it is in the UK.
2. It does not include digital copies. But that won't change the split either as PlayStation has a higher percentage of digital sales than any other platform. If we include digital copies, the split will grow in favor of PS.

MOTM

Banned
This isn't the right thread for that (and we should move to the other one for further discussion), but just to answer your question:

1. Because UK is Xbox's stronger market, this split will scale as is in other countries. If anything, PS will likely get a bigger percentage of sales because Xbox isn't as strong in other countries as it is in the UK.
2. It does not include digital copies. But that won't change the split either as PlayStation has a higher percentage of digital sales than any other platform. If we include digital copies, the split will grow in favor of PS.

According to Sony 80% of sales are digital. According to analysts Xbox has a higher digital sales ratio than both Sony and Nintendo

Thats some extremely approximative guesswork you did to get to that figure. You also don’t even count PC.

OrionNebula

And yet, my pre-ordered copy still hasn’t arrived 😆

Well done once again on those numbers Capcom. Can’t wait to see what’s next for RE 👍

fart town usa

Gold Member
Good for Capcom. They nailed it. While not scratching my personal top 5 RE games, I think Capcom delivered the best designed RE game to date and an experience that newcomers and veterans can equally enjoy. It's a near masterpiece IMO, not because it's introduces mind blowing new concepts, but simply because it's so damn playable and rewards replay. Just an incredibly solid game through and through.

ethomaz

Banned

Actually PC digital will drop the PS ratio.
So PS will probably lower than 80% even if console only it is over 80%.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Mine just shipped actually. I really enjoyed 7, so I'm psyched. But I'm most happy that first person hasn't totally displaced third person. They need to continue this approach where they switch between the two.

ethomaz

Banned
How much did RE7 shipped in comparison?
RE7 took 7 months to reach 4 million.

At launch it shipped 2.5 million.

RE8 sales are better... after RE7 slow success it was a no brained RE8 should sell big.

People seems to be worried about the change of view of RE7 and waited to buy it... while now they are already sold on it.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Great game. I loved RE7 but got tired of it by the end. This is what a first person RE should be. Focus on combat and exploration. Awesome boss fights. I am loving every minute of it.

And did I mention that its not 30 hours long like most single player games nowadays? I am close to the end and only around 9 hours in. Quality over Quantity. Hopefully Sony exclusives go back to that.

ethomaz

Banned
RE7 underperformed at launch but after word of mouth caught on, it climbed to over 8 million. It’s one of their better selling titles in the series.
It is the best selling title in the franchise... it is one of the best selling games from Capcom.

I expect RE8 to beat it.

Top Bottom