• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 2 Remake Now the Best-Selling Resident Evil Game Ever [after passing 12.6 million cumulative lifetime sales across console and PC]

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
iu

Capcom’s Resident Evil 2 remake has sold more copies than any other title in the horror franchise’s 27-year history, after passing 12.6 million cumulative lifetime sales across console and PC

12.6 million sales is enough to place the remake at the top of the franchise’s best-seller list, dethroning the previous record holder Resident Evil 7: Biohazard, which has sold 12.4 million copies In the six years since its January 2017 release.

It also made the Resident Evil 2 remake the third best-selling game in the history of the company, with only 2021's Monster Hunter Rise (13.2 million units), and 2018's Monster Hunter World (19 million units) surpassing its record.

scary zombie GIF

Soodanim

Gold Member
Not a perfect ten*, but a very very good game with a plenty of content for those that want it.

*Second scenario fuck up thanks to it being a last minute addition. Should have had more inter-scenario/cross character stuff and expanded on the original's ideas rather than ditching the mechanic entirely.

xVodevil

Still my favorite game in the series, I mean of course both the original and this remake! Well deserved! I keep saying, but still good for them and keep 'em coming!
We proper can't have enough RE games in existance :D Hopgin Code Veronica is next, never got to play that one.

zeldaring

Banned
Finished the game but it's too boring for my tastes. Resident evil 4 remake is what i i want in RE games going forward.

Last edited:

Eimran

I think RE4 R has the potential to exceed that. Best game I played this year. Finished it 8 times already

ZehDon

Gold Member
REMake 2 is probably my favourite entry, all things said. I've certainly replayed it the most. Do I wish it had a proper B Scenario? Sure, but everything we did get is basically TPS survival horror perfected. Glad to see it doing so darn well.

Last edited:

Apocryphon

Well deserved. Game is incredible.

The RE4 Remake is also excellent, but RE2R and RE7 are basically perfect. Shame Village was dogshit and 3R was meh.

Roberts

This reminds me I have to finally do Claire playthrough. And yeah, it’s up there with 4R as the best.

Soodanim

Gold Member
B scenario is rushed.
But A scenarios are good. Do You rpefer Leon A or Claire A ?
The hype of that cutscene half way through Claire's is one of those memorable moments for me, especially as such a big fan of the original, but part of me wants to say Leon's is better. Hard to say though, really.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
The hype of that cutscene half way through Claire's is one of those memorable moments for me, especially as such a big fan of the original, but part of me wants to say Leon's is better. Hard to say though, really.
I think I like Leon weapons more and Ada is pure sex

skneogaf

It's the best resident evil game in my opinion so deserved.

3rd person resident evil is best resident evil.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Fantastic atmosphere. Fantastic gore. Fantastic zombie killing.

Didn’t finish it. Too many fucking puzzles. Took me right out of it. Got to the final stage though

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Incredibly overrated remake. The music is trash, B Scenario doesn't exist and they nickel and dimed you for costumes. It's a 7/10 at best.

Not surprising at all...

Besides maybe the sewer section, RE 2 is arguably as close to perfect as it gets.

Replayable, as every RE game should be.
It took the very limited story and dialogue from the original, broke it down, and rebuilt it into something special, while still keeping the spirit of the original intact.

Incredible voice acting, subtle but well implemented music. Surprisingly similar gameplay to the original, with a few new spices to keep it engaging for a newer and older audience.

It's fucking excellent.

bender

What time is it?
It's just behind RE:Make as my favorite remake in the series. Definitely S-Tier, but it is based on my favorite entry in the series.

Mr Moose

Just bought this and RE3 on PC for £12. Beat RE3 today, seemed really short. Already have RE2 on my PS4/5 so might not bother with PC version.

K' Dash

Great game but I'm not sure if it is better than the original though.
it's complicated.

RE2 is better than OG RE1 by a country mile, just better in every aspect.

If we compare RE2 with REmake, its a close fight, I honestly could not choose.

If we talk about RE2make vs REmake, then it's easy, REmake all the way, even though I love RE2make.

Top Bottom