• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ymir

Just posting this for preservation, poll started yesterday.

It's no real surprise and last time someone did a poll it was approximately the same results (from memory).

Someone should do a poll of male/female members too but i'd say that would be instantly locked and the poll deleted.

4twSfJR.jpg
It's crazy how there's so many angry and psychotic threads and they're all late 30s-40s year olds who never did anything with their lives and are angry and malicious because of it. Finding out Ketkat and co are in their 40s was an eye opener of just how mentally unwell most of these people are. To be in your 40s and screeching online where no one responds to you because of a twitter post that upset you or a video game that doesn't pander to your group.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
It's crazy how there's so many angry and psychotic threads and they're all late 30s-40s year olds who never did anything with their lives and are angry and malicious because of it.
yes you nailed it. this also explains their hatred of kids. there was a thread once that asked if a ship was sinking and a lifeboat only had room for one would you save a dog or a child, most of them went for the former.

they hate what they can never have. they can never have kids, because they are all adult babies who are too dysfunctional to have a stable heterosexual relationship, so they hate people who do. this is why they hate heterosexuality and why they hate families and children.

since heterosexuality is bad, they have rebranded their "toxic male" biological urges as "trans lesbianism". so they pretend to be women in order to shield their behavior, and it works for them, most of the time (at least inside the ever-growing bubble). unfortunately, many old school feminists openly call them out on this, so they respond with more hate. "vile TERF!" they cry. they hate these real women because they are what they are not. they hate them because they are another thing they can never have. (on some level this is all about "LGBTQ+-enabled male privilege & entitlement)

so they have run off the more feminine, traditional influences in their lives in favor of this Drag Feminism. this means the only "women" they know are either trans accommodating multicolor haired SJWs who will never challenge them or (more likely) other deluded men who think they are women. so when they do their performative online activism, complaining about women's costume designs or whatever, they embody the most shrill shrieking puritan butch lesbian stereotype possible.

it's almost like they are doing Womanface, if that was a term like Blackface.

so you end up with "lesbians" who hate the female body and want it covered up and are on a holy crusade to shout it from the mountaintops. on one level this is an over-reach to prove that they "aren't a man" by baptising themselves in wokeism, absolving the sin of "male toxicity" via consumer activism. the goal of all this performance is to cover their insecurity and re-assure the rest of us that they are NOT MEN (look how much they hate women!). not them, totally not, despite being born with a penis and being sexually attracted to women they are TRANS LESBIANS.

the whole thing is a mindfuck. i lurk on another board (not Era) where they regularly have LGBTQ+ discussions and it is a shitshow of inflated egos, tip toeing around saying the "wrong word" or pronoun, AFAB vs AMAB, constant bad faith ad hominems, interfighting as a result of cis/gay/trans sexual preferences existing at all (and them being unable to tolerate sexual diversity), 1,000 word long naval gazing diatribes, etc.. everywhere you look you see the infighting that naturally comes as a result of negotiating a wholly incoherent ideology (of which infighting is a natural outcome - this is why people like McSpook can honestly say "Era is a horrible place for trans discussion"). these SJW spaces themselves are incredibly toxic to the rest of us but also their own communities as well. it's sad.

Last edited:

nush

I visit another board where there is a long running topic on trans. Pages of discussion, and not a single trans person posts on that board and never has. It's all hypothetical s and appearing woke.

Can i just say that No, long ass 2000 word comments does not automatically mean your comment has worth.

But that is just a problem i see pop up everywhere.

Last edited:

PapyDoc

Can i just say that No, long ass 2000 word comments does not automatically mean your comment has worth.

But that is just a problem i see pop up everywhere.
At least he tries to explain in detail his point of view on the situation. If you disagree with his point of view, nobody prevents you to respond to him and engage a conversation by sharing your perspective.
I think that's better than just saying that.

At least he tries to explain in detail his point of view on the situation. If you disagree with his point of view, nobody prevents you to respond to him and engage a conversation by sharing your perspective.
I think that's better than just saying that.

It wasn't directed at him, but rather it is just an annoyance i find in alot of places like Reddit and especially Resetera where long rambling comments get upvotes and notices despite alot it being full of fat that could have easily been trimmed to get your point across. If your comment is long, but justifies it then great.

Last edited:

mcz117chief

they hate what they can never have. they can never have kids, because they are all adult babies who are too dysfunctional to have a stable heterosexual relationship, so they hate people who do. this is why they hate heterosexuality and why they hate families and children.
They don't hate it, they crave it, desperately want it, but the amount of responsibility associated with it is overwhelming to them so they instead rationalize it inside their heads as hate (or their boat sailed so they missed the ideal time). It is the same with almost every single "evil/bad" person I have ever met, they just lacked someone in their life who would love them and kids/live partners are ideal for that. Everybody wants to feel loved, everyone, but these people are so deep in their sadness and self-pity that their brains are completely fried and lash out at everything, like an abused animal. Really heartbreaking seeing all these people really.

Last edited:

It's no real surprise and last time someone did a poll it was approximately the same results (from memory).

Someone should do a poll of male/female members too but i'd say that would be instantly locked and the poll deleted.

4twSfJR.jpg

You would have to include poll options for the other 57 genders though.

Lunk

imagine being friends with Board Game Hitler
6JvXuBO.png

btw if the biggest anxiety you ever had was teaching someone a board game you might be the most privileged living being on the planet.
I fucking hate these narcissist types who consider themselves authority in defining what is "decency" or what is rude. People can get into a Board Game however they want. The point is to have fun together, or to have fun with the game. This A.By character sounds like they're just looking for trouble and using something as weak as a board-game to find targets to blame for their insecurities.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Seems mentally ill ex-janny who loves to play the victim is having another mental breakdown:

yutXigy.png

I wonder if he'll get banned for hostility? Derailing a thread? Or nothing because he's a dipshit ex-janny who needs to be handled with kid gloves.

That’s a lot of masturbation just to say he thinks his opinion on games is trash.

Ionian

That’s a lot of masturbation just to say he thinks his opinion on games is trash.

Oh he's famous for massive posts, plus being a mod was tough and stuff.

Look at this shit. It's one single post.

It isn't formatted as a bot scraped it but holy fuck.

Imagine wasting that much time instead of just getting to the point, he was famous for doing that.

YVNJalX.jpg

Last edited:

Jon Neu

Banned

Imagine wasting that much time instead of just getting to the point, he was famous for doing that.

YVNJalX.jpg

I've read all that crap.

TL;DR: The dude is mad because Plinkett made fun of diversity, so RLM are enablers of sexist, racists and bigots and are "hurting" people's feelings.

Seems mentally ill ex-janny who loves to play the victim is having another mental breakdown:

yutXigy.png

I wonder if he'll get banned for hostility? Derailing a thread? Or nothing because he's a dipshit ex-janny who needs to be handled with kid gloves.

Jesus, how fucking condescending can you get. This is the kind of thing I see from smug film majors, but this is a grown-ass man in his 30s with a wife. Like, just how rigid does your worldview have to be that you consider people that don't share it visitors from ANOTHER REALITY, and not even about something like ideology, but something that doesn't fucking matter like an opinion on a video game?

But then I remember the guy was basically on suicide watch while the Gaf meltdown happened and watched Era 17 hours a day to the detriment of his health and real life relationships when an admin and everything makes sense. I don't know how this guy can stay married without completely deleting any kind of agency his wife has in my mind.

Last edited:

pixelation

4twSfJR.jpg
Has a similar poll ever been conducted here?, I'd be interested in the results.

SkylineRKR

Port begging can be an issue if its like MGS4 where dozens of Xbox fans came in to demand it for 360.

But once a third party game is considered old, like a generation further, I see now issues with it. Either if you ask for a PS5 or Series X remaster, w/e. Let alone Rare classics, those are over 20 years old.

ShinNL

yes you nailed it. this also explains their hatred of kids. there was a thread once that asked if a ship was sinking and a lifeboat only had room for one would you save a dog or a child, most of them went for the former.

since heterosexuality is bad, they have rebranded their "toxic male" biological urges as "trans lesbianism". so they pretend to be women in order to shield their behavior, and it works for them, most of the time (at least inside the ever-growing bubble). unfortunately, many old school feminists openly call them out on this, so they respond with more hate. "vile TERF!" they cry. they hate these real women because they are what they are not. they hate them because they are another thing they can never have. (on some level this is all about "LGBTQ+-enabled male privilege & entitlement)

so they have run off the more feminine, traditional influences in their lives in favor of this Drag Feminism. this means the only "women" they know are either trans accommodating multicolor haired SJWs who will never challenge them or (more likely) other deluded men who think they are women. so when they do their performative online activism, complaining about women's costume designs or whatever, they embody the most shrill shrieking puritan butch lesbian stereotype possible.

it's almost like they are doing Womanface, if that was a term like Blackface.

so you end up with "lesbians" who hate the female body and want it covered up and are on a holy crusade to shout it from the mountaintops. on one level this is an over-reach to prove that they "aren't a man" by baptising themselves in wokeism, absolving the sin of "male toxicity" via consumer activism. the goal of all this performance is to cover their insecurity and re-assure the rest of us that they are NOT MEN (look how much they hate women!). not them, totally not, despite being born with a penis and being sexually attracted to women they are TRANS LESBIANS.

the whole thing is a mindfuck. i lurk on another board (not Era) where they regularly have LGBTQ+ discussions and it is a shitshow of inflated egos, tip toeing around saying the "wrong word" or pronoun, AFAB vs AMAB, constant bad faith ad hominems, interfighting as a result of cis/gay/trans sexual preferences existing at all (and them being unable to tolerate sexual diversity), 1,000 word long naval gazing diatribes, etc.. everywhere you look you see the infighting that naturally comes as a result of negotiating a wholly incoherent ideology (of which infighting is a natural outcome - this is why people like McSpook can honestly say "Era is a horrible place for trans discussion"). these SJW spaces themselves are incredibly toxic to the rest of us but also their own communities as well. it's sad.
I'm quite a late boomer myself and am 35 year old and single. Probably too late to have kids. But I love kids. I think they're the future. So it's not really an age thing, it's an age + rage thing. Or just a rage thing. They just seem like angry people in general.

So over a month and 3 attempts at submitting their contact us form my ERA account and personal details are still not removed/deleted. Recommendations on next steps? I'd rather spare myself the time and cost with my lawyers getting involved. I wish to have zero association or information within Resetera website or staff or data.

lmimmfn

So over a month and 3 attempts at submitting their contact us form my ERA account and personal details are still not removed/deleted. Recommendations on next steps? I'd rather spare myself the time and cost with my lawyers getting involved. I wish to have zero association or information within Resetera website or staff or data.
Tell them youre in a GDPR country, just pick somewhere in the EU and say by law youre entitled to have all your data removed. I think it took sbout 1 week for me from request to removal.

Tell them youre in a GDPR country, just pick somewhere in the EU and say by law youre entitled to have all your data removed. I think it took sbout 1 week for me from request to removal.

No need, Australia already has similar laws to GDPR for consumer protections, called Consumer Data Protection (CDR).

Just because ERA mods/admins aren't aware of it doesn't mean it doesn't apply to them or isn't my rights to data removal.

Crappy they watch this website to perma upgrade me but don't take less time to simply look at an Australian's rights and international laws their website operates under.

And if they don't, submit your request to their webhost.

Open letter and some social media responses as well as gaming website article syndication should do well to raise their level of urgency.

Failing that I'll engage my lawyer on retainer and go from there.

Last edited:

PapyDoc

Imagine being ridiculed by fucking Playasia

There is still one thing I wonder.
How game dev is still there? I know why Game journalists love this forum, they are on the same page. But the people who make videogame should rage quit when they see shit like that.
I don't get it

lmimmfn

There is still one thing I wonder.
How game dev is still there? I know why Game journalists love this forum, they are on the same page. But the people who make videogame should rage quit when they see shit like that.
I don't get it
Journalists love outrage culture just so they and have clickbait articles and every week theres a new outrage.
I dont think there are many devs there, just idiots like Stinkles and some indies.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
I'm quite a late boomer myself and am 35 year old and single. Probably too late to have kids. But I love kids. I think they're the future. So it's not really an age thing, it's an age + rage thing. Or just a rage thing. They just seem like angry people in general.

35 isn’t too late to have kids by any means. But best to get going with it sooner rather than later. :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

recma12

We had a baby girl last year at age 36 & 35.

Keep your head up, 3 years ago I also thought it wasn't in the cards for me and boom -> life comes at you fast.

Vaelka

YVNJalX.jpg

That wall of text hurts my eyes lol.
I can type a lot too but at least I use paragrafs...

YVNJalX.jpg
Who the hell is going to or wants to read this Wall of text tripe?

Last edited:

Saruhashi

Banned
A genius finally rise:

For a forum that is supposed to be all about politics and whatnot a lot of them are completely out of touch from reality.

A little over 30 years ago people were NOT ALLOWED to listen to rock music in the Soviet Union.
In some parts of the Eastern Bloc you could be imprisoned for owning recordings of rock music.

Let that shit sink in. Fuckin rock music was deemed so problematic it was illegal to own recordings of it.

Videogames, like music, have flourished under capitalism and anything other than capitalism would likely see some videogames go the way of rock music in 1980s and 90s Eastern Europe. Banned.

It makes sense for that forum I guess.
They'd love nothing more than a videogame industry that produces only highly regulated, state approved and ideologically pure videogames.
No more CD Projekt Red and their refusal to bend the knee.
No more edgy indie developers who just don't give a damn.

Tuff McNutt

Journalists love outrage culture just so they and have clickbait articles and every week theres a new outrage.
I dont think there are many devs there, just idiots like Stinkles and some indies.

There's not even that many "journalists" left. Most of the "vERAfied" (ugh) writers on there are basically no name bloggers. Remember that they even gave Hobbes (whose claim to fame was posting 2 reviews on a defunct website, one of which was plagiarized) a tag at one point. And they are chasing off the others. Imran Khan (one of the most annoyingly woke game writers) left after he dared to say negative things about the Avengers beta and the man-babies started throwing tantrums at him.

nush

It makes sense for that forum I guess.
They'd love nothing more than a videogame industry that produces only highly regulated, state approved and ideologically pure videogames.
No more CD Projekt Red and their refusal to bend the knee.
No more edgy indie developers who just don't give a damn.

No more Dead Or Alive Xtreme 3 volleyball. (With VR mode DLC).

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Saw this in the news today:

Since it's Republicans on the right side of this issue, I'm sure the future thread will either be non-existent or turn out to be a wet fart like the last one in July:

I'm not even a Republican and I'm beyond disappointed that not every single member of Congress and our government is being sanctioned on this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom