• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuff McNutt

LOL thread locked and perma banned. PRESERVE THE HIVE.

I didn't even need to go into the thread to know that would be the outcome.

The OP put up a perfectly reasonable and level-headed topic, something that would be a good jump-off point for actual discussion. But of course all you get on REE is a bunch of drive by shameposts and dogpiling from dumbshits looking for virtue points.

They're just scum - mods let the topic run. See which way the fire is blowing and then ban if there's enough bloodlust. Disgusting.

Cult behavior - providing an example of what happens if you think for yourself. It's why most of their "hot" topics just have the same group of power posters. None of the "normal" people want to go in and catch a ban for some bullshit like using the wrong pronoun.

Last edited:

Gifmaker

Gotta love this very ERA trend of taking well established terms and phrases, repurposing them for their own cultist political agenda, and then flipping out / accusing you if you use these phrases either in another (usual their original) context or at all. It happened to me when I dared use the term "Mary Sue". That's all they needed to label me an alt-righter, lol. Hey, shitheads: if you so badly want "racism" to be about "power" and not "race" first and foremost, why not call it "powerism" instead, hm?

SkylineRKR

Gotta love this very ERA trend of taking well established terms and phrases, repurposing them for their own cultist political agenda, and then flipping out / accusing you if you use these phrases either in another (usual their original) context or at all. It happened to me when I dared use the term "Mary Sue". That's all they needed to label me an alt-righter, lol. Hey, shitheads: if you so badly want "racism" to be about "power" and not "race" first and foremost, why not call it "powerism" instead, hm?

The first time I noticed their sad behaviour was when I used the word Tard. I got some fucks calling me out right away. I refused to alter my post. I think I got a short ban for that.

Another time I was a racist and worshiper because I refused to label someone else as such before there was actual proof. I also disagreed with people immediately branding AngryJoe a rapist. This behaviour doesn't fit their narrative.

Its a very old trick they use. There is always this vocal sad fuck in a crowd that quickly labels you and tries to rile the rest up with blatant lies or phrases pulled out of context when you're having a discussion. The type of guy you want to punch in the face on the spot. Ree however is full of these. The difference is, they can read your post. But whats quoted is usually only the part that doesn't fit their narrative and thats what gets read. And I'm sure the majority or a decent amount at least probably agrees with you, which kind of reflect their polls every time, but they don't want to risk a ban. They're like half a step away from banning poll voters, if they don't do it already. That would totally be in line with their totalitarian views.

Last edited:

Tuff McNutt

And I'm sure the majority or a decent amount at least probably agrees with you, which kind of reflect their polls every time, but they don't want to risk a ban. They're like half a step away from banning poll voters, if they don't do it already. That would totally be in line with their totalitarian views.

The mods have said they can't see who voted for what in polls, which is either them lying or being technically inept, neither of which would surprise me.

Schattenjäger

Gabriel Knight
with the tags.. its just another thing that neogaf knockoff site adopted ..

in the world of video game message boards.. reeeeeee =

O3f2kBE.jpg

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Herman Cain thread is full of slurs as usual. No surprise at all

Powdered Egg
10 minutes ago
Lmao he openly referred to himself as a House Negro?? I wish all sellouts could switch places with one of their ancestors. Your DNA set ain't survive all that trauma for you to be coonin on Twitter.

Samuel L Jackson's character from Django would be proud.

God Enel

Despicable. How can anyone champion somebody's death just due to which side of the political aisle they're down. These people lack the mental capacity for empathy, a board of utter degenerates and sociopaths.

Don’t see the problem in 150k. At least 75k are the people they hate. Retard era for sure.

Seriously though. Absolutely horrible posts/posters over there.

SCB3

They just don't care about enforcing their TOS at all, do they?

While context will be taken into account, we do not welcome celebration or cheering for the death of public figures. Members that appear to be using an obituary thread as an opportunity to post vitriol will be moderated. There will be no shortage of opportunities to discuss the legacy of a public figure in other, later, threads. We simply do not want to celebrate death.

They should honestly just remove that rule. It's not like there'd be any negatives to it outside a few people thinking it's poor taste. Not like it's illegal to dance on someone's grave. Like, what the hell are they going to do when Trump dies in the unlikely event the site is still around?

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute

Quickly get educated before OP is banned and thread is locked!

White people need to not take it seriously when people say "I hate White people" cause they are the dominant color type apparently. Yeah, like people who say that actually do it because of institutional racism and not literal direct racism, bitch please.

EDIT. So the poor OP is Swedish and being penalised for a very USA-centric redefinition of racism.
Every single time I go there and read through a thread, I regret it. Every. Single. Time.

lmimmfn

with the tags.. its just another thing that neogaf knockoff site adopted ..

in the world of video game message boards.. reeeeeee =

O3f2kBE.jpg
Not on my PC to do it but that needs a big red button taking up half the device and it being the "Ban" button. It also needs another smaller button for "Random reason generator"

White people need to not take it seriously when people say "I hate White people" cause they are the dominant color type apparently. Yeah, like people who say that actually do it because of institutional racism and not literal direct racism, bitch please.

EDIT. So the poor OP is Swedish and being penalised for a very USA-centric redefinition of racism.
So many holes in most of the people’s arguments who are dog piling on him.....most of them have missed the fundamental thing which defines racism and instead sit on the reeeee version which sits on cherry picked examples

they want to actually do something about racism...stop trying to put people into boxes/categories,this might hurt their fragile little world where everyone is a special snowflake but to be successful in life you have to actually do shit by yourself and not follow sheep

GloveSlap

Its true that racism is more damaging against minorities, but this mind set ignores that demographics can shift from situation to situation. White kid in a predominantly black school or neighborhood for example. Not to mention brazen anti-white racism is basically admitting that you would be as bad or worse than the people you hate if you were the majority.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
member when all the snowflakes busted a tear duct when Trump called countries "shitholes"? everyone was up in arms with this grand moral relativist stance about how all cultures are equal and everyone is really the same. ah seems like so long ago...

3QRYEqK.png

Last edited:

TDiddyLive

member when all the snowflakes busted a tear duct when Trump called countries "shitholes"? everyone was up in arms with this grand moral relativist stance about how all cultures are equal and everyone is really the same. ah seems like so long ago...

3QRYEqK.png
I doubt this person is even black. They have all this hate for white people over there and he has a Daniel Craig avatar. And didn’t they have a thread about how they didn’t like the term “African-American” and how it is only used by white people who are scared to say “black?”

TrainedRage

Banned
They just don't care about enforcing their TOS at all, do they?

They should honestly just remove that rule. It's not like there'd be any negatives to it outside a few people thinking it's poor taste. Not like it's illegal to dance on someone's grave. Like, what the hell are they going to do when Trump dies in the unlikely event the site is still around?
They only care about 'muh side wins'. Most of them are mentally ill.

ManaByte

I only made it a few posts through the Herman Cain thread. They are all like this.
6YruDcj.png

Reminds me of the first Billy Graham thread. The first one was Era dancing on his grave for being a televangelist (he wasn’t). Thread was locked, new one made, dancing on grave resumed.

teezzy

Banned
What exactly does 'coon' mean to them on Era? Like a race traitor or something? I've never even heard it used in that context. Is that some sorta hip hop verbiage?

(i feel so old)

bender

What time is it?
What exactly does 'coon' mean to them on Era? Like a race traitor or something? I've never even heard it used in that context. Is that some sorta hip hop verbiage?

(i feel so old)

Pretty much. Think of Stephen (Samuel L) in Django Unchained.

MrFunSocks

Banned

(i feel so old)
Calling someone a Coon is racist as fuck here in Australia. You call a black person that and you're getting beaten up.

However we have a brand of cheese called "Coon", named after the guy that invented the process to make it (last name was Coon), and every few years some SJWs campaign to have its name changed because it's racist.........it's literally the guys last name lol. The SJWs have just won though thanks to BLM, as they've announced they're changing the name.

Last edited:

nush

Calling someone a Coon is racist as fuck here in Australia. You call a black person that and you're getting beaten up.

However we have a brand of cheese called "Coon", named after the guy that invented the process to make it (last name was Coon), and every few years some SJWs campaign to have its name changed because it's racist.........it's literally the guys last name lol. The SJWs have just won though thanks to BLM, as they've announced they're changing the name.
4386867304_f9fe175f56.jpg

JordanN

Banned
I didn't want to look into the Herman Cain thread because I knew the comments would be some of the worst the internet has to offer.
This makes me want to puke.

kp9zxg8.png

Imagine if one were to call Joe Biden "a cancer for white people"? They wouldn't last.

Last edited:
The Herman Caïn thread makes me want to puke. In the past, some members were trying to act as a voice of reason.

But not any longer. They're all gone. I think that's why Reset is slowing down, and will inevitably die ; no sane person wants to be part of this anymore.

At this point, I have more respect for folks at 4chan. At least they don't pretend to have the moral high ground, unlike those fucking lunatics.

Tuff McNutt

Era will permaban people for using the wrong pronouns, but they love to use racist and sexist language when it fits their narrative. Black people will be coons, uncle tom, house negro, etc. Women (especially rich straight white ones) will be bitch, cunt, etc.

Jezbollah

Era posters will use whatever language (including blatently racist) because they will forever think they are on the moral highground. They are permanently rooted on their own self virtous thrones.

Anyone who isnt in their twisted bubble can see that they are the same people that they think they stand against.

tkscz

City of Bane fucking sucked, fuck Tom King

Tom writes before inserting characters, he's said that before. City of Bane and Heroes in Crisis are the biggest examples of why that doesn't work.

Yet he's the money make at DC so he gets his way. Except for this time cause big daddy DC made him apologize and remove his tweets.

nush

Era will permaban people for using the wrong pronouns, but they love to use racist and sexist language when it fits their narrative. Black people will be coons, uncle tom, house negro, etc. Women (especially rich straight white ones) will be bitch, cunt, etc.

A woman can never be transphobic, she can only be a TERF.

drganon

I didn't want to look into the Herman Cain thread because I knew the comments would be some of the worst the internet has to offer.
This makes me want to puke.

kp9zxg8.png

Imagine if one were to call Joe Biden "a cancer for white people"? They wouldn't last.
What a shit head. " Black people are only allowed to act the way I approve", what a dumb ass stance. Resetera is the fucking cancer.

giphy.gif

Only 2 pages. I guess since they couldn't just storm in and spam "Fuck white people." just to get high off their own smug sense of self superiority the topic was doomed from the start.

Saruhashi

Banned

I always thought the "prejudice plus power" definition of Racism was really interesting.

Like first they built up this idea that Racism is just one of the most horrific, disgusting, thing a person can be.
Which, to be honest, is strictly true as Racism genuinely hurts people who are victims of it. It's horrible.

However this paints them into a corner where THEY want to do everything a racist would do but don't want to accept the label for themselves.

This is generally a tactic that most out and out racists will use and have been using for decades.
The old "I'm not racist but... <inserts rationalization for judging and dismissing and hating a group of people>" tactic has been used for many, many years.
Usually by white nationalist or supremacist or neo-nazi types who want to also come across as cultured and intellectual.
They aren't racist, no, no, no they just happen to have a very rational informed take on "those people". Fuck off.
However, that's just one way to use the "I'm not racist" trick.

Another, of course, is to make an attempt a redefining the word Racism.
So someone wants to behave like a racist and make all the same tired old statements and arguments as a racist.
They want to smear people based on race, abuse people based on race, dismiss people based on race and ultimately hate people based on race.
Those folks try to get away with it by saying "oh no you CAN'T be racists towards the group I am dehumanizing".

As if it doesn't make you an irredeemable piece of shit anyway.
Just because you can say "no technically it's not racism".
Oh, OK then.
So you're a bigot with some deeply, deeply, ingrained prejudices based solely on race and you frequently express your bigotry and prejudice in public hoping for the validation of your peers? Well at least you aren't a racist! LOL.

It, kind of sickeningly, reminds me of the horrendous idea that husbands can't rape their wives.
"Yeah, I forced her to have sex when she wasn't in the mood and was not consenting but it's technically not rape so I'm good."
No. That's fucking abhorrent.

These are the people who actually, genuinely, seem to believe that they are good people.
Like they maybe see themselves as lovable rouges or something. I hate white people but it's not technically racism so tee hee I'm a bit naughty, I guess.
Anything to give the people on "our side" a pass for really disgusting behavior, I guess.

"I can treat you like shit but you can't technically call it this one thing so haha I guess I can get away with it."
OK. You're a really shitty human being though so who really cares what your actions are "technically" labelled as.
You're a cunt.

Self-loathing white people and men are a bit weird because I think, yeah, if you feel strongly invested in your identities then it follows that you can feel guilt over horrible things that have been done by people like you. The best thing to do there is get help. Not to double down. Maybe just try to be better yourself. Maybe don't be overly and outwardly proud of your heritage but also you don't need to grovel at the feet of everyone else begging for forgiveness and insisting that they can do no wrong now because people like you did wrong in the past.

bucyou

Cliffs: OP is a straight married female and she develops feelings for a male friend, while she is happy her husband wants to suck the cock of his friend

TDiddyLive

Cliffs: OP is a straight married female and she develops feelings for a male friend, while she is happy her husband wants to suck the cock of his friend
Just like all the other open relationship stories, just wait for the divorce topic/update.

TheContact

basically this reads like a marriage that should never have happened. her gay or bi husband (she says he's developed a crush for another guy) likely isn't fulfilling her sexual desires, she doesn't want to get divorced because she wants to have her cake and eat it too, and apparently so does the husband. i just hope these people don't have any kids because of the inevitable divorce that's going to happen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom