• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

benjipwns

Banned
Interesting how the forum founded on transparent and open staff actions has silently turned someone into an administrator and "mod captain" including editing the staff roster page in such a way that it doesn't show it was edited rather than announcing the change publicly to the cheering of the populace.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™

>guy skypes with random date and agree to meet
>guy brings him over to his place which sounds like a tip
>guy gets a phonecall from "friend" who says her cat died and wants him to come meet up with her
>guy leaves date 30 mins in
>guy calls Ree user and tells him he found his place "jarring"
>Ree user wants Karma to kill this man for ditching

Lmao yes its this guys fault that he doesn't want to cuddle with you in landfill

Edit: this response killed me

"Your apartment must be an absolute shithole if your date had to make an excuse to bail on your date and then block you after. "
Lol I see TaySan TaySan trying to slide into the OPs DMs.

Dude's room looks like a shit hole. Pretty sure there's a pizza box in the corner next to the TV and his bed is on the fucking floor. He considers his room clean. No wonder that guy didn't want to cornhole him in there.

Honestly, I've seen worse. Sure it's no paradise, but I cant see someone bailing over it unless it smelled like shit. Probably should've invested in a bed frame before the gaming chair though.

Dick Jones

Gold Member

>guy gets a phonecall from "friend" who says her cat died and wants him to come meet up with her

Lmao yes its this guys fault that he doesn't want to cuddle with you in landfill

"Your apartment must be an absolute shithole if your date had to make an excuse to bail on your date and then block you after. "
I love how the OP asked the thread to be deleted. Not locked, deleted as if deletion of threads is the norm. You need to point out Bdubs is a racist for it to be deleted.

In fairness, if I saw that place I'd bail too as it looks like I'd be drugged and wake up in the bath without my kidney.

Arjen

What's up everybody. I got banned in the mental health thread, and after I saw the ban even got extended from two weeks to a full month, I was completely done. I know there are still a lot of sane people on era from the good days here on GAF, so that was one of the reasons I stayed, but I don't want to deal with that negativity anymore.
My old account here is still banned (Arjen). Don't remember what l said, but it was probably hurtful and good reason to ban me, I apologise for that, at the time I had no idea who the people where that caused the negativity on here, and the whole restart sounded like a great idea, little did I know that the crazys were the ones splitting of. Once again my apologies, if you still don't want me here, I understand, otherwise I hope to contribute again here.

600Breezy

“I know this must be RRRAAAACCCCIIIISSSSSTTTTT....but I don’t know why it’s racist or what to say to my friends”

waiting for nepenthe to come and tell her why it’s racist

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
What's up everybody. I got banned in the mental health thread, and after I saw the ban even got extended from two weeks to a full month, I was completely done. I know there are still a lot of sane people on era from the good days here on GAF, so that was one of the reasons I stayed, but I don't want to deal with that negativity anymore.
My old account here is still banned (Arjen). Don't remember what l said, but it was probably hurtful and good reason to ban me, I apologise for that, at the time I had no idea who the people where that caused the negativity on here, and the whole restart sounded like a great idea, little did I know that the crazys were the ones splitting of. Once again my apologies, if you still don't want me here, I understand, otherwise I hope to contribute again here.

Here's what you said:

This is the best you could come up with? You're playing the victim here?
Go fuck yourself Evilore

Ionian

Welcome back dude.

EDIT: Shameful post. Hadn't seen it.

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Gold Member

“I know this must be RRRAAAACCCCIIIISSSSSTTTTT....but I don’t know why it’s racist or what to say to my friends”

waiting for nepenthe to come and tell her why it’s racist
I like how one piece of advice is get new friends. Like some of these freaks can get anyone new to stand their bullshit. This advice will likely morph into buy a cat because no human will want to spend more than 15 minutes around them Coronavirus or no Coronavirus.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
My old account here is still banned (Arjen)
That name sounds...familiar...

giphy.gif

Dthomp

Dude's room looks like a shit hole. Pretty sure there's a pizza box in the corner next to the TV and his bed is on the fucking floor. He considers his room clean. No wonder that guy didn't want to cornhole him in there.

Wait? Your dream date doesn't include going back to his place (That he shares with 2 other folk), to play video games, and either sit in his cool streamers chair, or the mattress thrown on the floor like a bum would?

I know when I planned out my first date with my future wife I definitely had plans to bring her to my place to play some video games and "cuddle". This generation is so messed up in the heads.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Hey EviLore EviLore now that I'm out in the open can you please merge this account with 'Geoff' - I checked my old posts and can confirm i did not slander you unlike *some* people :messenger_smirking:

Sure. Looks like you were hit with a bad perm by an ex-mod who stuck around to "help":

Harvey Weinstein was the subject of dozens of accusations and admitted some of it. It was good that womanfelt empowered to come clean there and it's good that the woman involved here felt that she could disclose this but that's not the same as saying EL = HW or even that EL is guilty of anything. It's one thing to respect the right of women to speak out but it's another to then take those accusations as fact.

Thanks for staying reasonable and respectful during the insane witch hunt. Unbanning and merging now.

JORMBO

Darkness no more

unless he is a broke college kid that is pretty bad. He should invest in some furniture like a bed frame instead of a gaming chair. Clean up the pizza box and pile of clothes at the very least. Rest of the place probably looks even worse and if his roommates are fat greasy nerds that probably didn’t help.

I keep my place very clean and well decorated at all times. I still go over the place a few times to make sure everything is clean before having anyone over.

Last edited:

Grieves

I'd totally forgotten about that State of NeoGAF thread.

Jeez what a mess. Kinda fun to skim through it again.

Evilore's last comment made me laugh. The crazies did NeoGAF a huge favour by creating ResetEra. It's made this place so much better.

I lived in places like that when I was in university and when I was travelling but if he's a full grown adult with a job and such like that's pretty bad.

I like how one piece of advice is get new friends. Like some of these freaks can get anyone new to stand their bullshit. This advice will likely morph into buy a cat because no human will want to spend more than 15 minutes around them Coronavirus or no Coronavirus.

Just read that whole thread. Was great. For once the general users were OK. That room is a shithole and I loved the OP lashing out at first by scoffing at the idea that anyone could have a better room than his and then meekly whining about how depressed the comments were making him feel.

Get a backbone and sense of self awareness. You live in a shithole. For a small amount of money you can live in a much nicer room if you just bought some furniture that didn't come from a skip.

Carpet is horrible though. Maybe a rug could fix that.

nush

Gold Member

Pre arranged "emergency" phone call.

Room that looks like 2020 GameCube shrine.

Am enjoying Coyote Starrk in this thread insisting that there is no way THE BEST WOMEN'S SOCCER TEAM IN THE WORLD legitimately lost to a bunch of 15yr old boys, despite that actually having happened and despite the fact that women's senior professional and international teams regularly lose to teams of teenage boys

Which is not to say I don't think the US women's team shouldn't be paid equal to the men, they should be. But lets be real here.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Just as an FYI for people who requested account deletion, they don't appear to actually purge the account, just wipe the user name and avatar.

After I requested deletion I tried logging in with 'Deleted Member xxxx' as the username and could log in to see my ban message like normal.

Because their bans restrict you from interacting with the site at all I'm basically having to trust that they've actually deleted my email/account info etc.

Just as an FYI for people who requested account deletion, they don't appear to actually purge the account, just wipe the user name and avatar.

After I requested deletion I tried logging in with 'Deleted Member xxxx' as the username and could log in to see my ban message like normal.

Because their bans restrict you from interacting with the site at all I'm basically having to trust that they've actually deleted my email/account info etc.
From what I’m hearing The data leak alluded to that also...emails/logins and passwords were still there....usernames were changed to a number....I’m assuming the user names get saved off somewhere else

knowing their security it’s probably a google doc set to public by mistake....I’m sure someone will stumble over it

Does anyone know if you can force them to purge the account or whether simply deleting the user name is enough under GDPR? And what part of GDPR deals with that that I can quote?

Am enjoying Coyote Starrk in this thread insisting that there is no way THE BEST WOMEN'S SOCCER TEAM IN THE WORLD legitimately lost to a bunch of 15yr old boys, despite that actually having happened and despite the fact that women's senior professional and international teams regularly lose to teams of teenage boys

Which is not to say I don't think the US women's team shouldn't be paid equal to the men, they should be. But lets be real here.
Not possible mate. They couldn't have been taking it seriously against kids. 😅

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
You would basically need to put in two requests - and you're still relying on them being honest with their response.

You can request deletion of your account/personal information (there's a section on it in their privacy policy) - and follow this up with a Subject Access Request, asking for a copy of all the data they hold on you.

You would basically need to put in two requests - and you're still relying on them being honest with their response.

You can request deletion of your account/personal information (there's a section on it in their privacy policy) - and follow this up with a Subject Access Request, asking for a copy of all the data they hold on you.

OK ta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom