• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ionian

They don't like me very much over there so I wasn't very surprised. Probably had about ten bans or so all told. Was only back from another ban about two weeks before that for taking the piss out of Solar Puffin. I noticed he was quick to dance on my grave in my breakfast thread the cunt. all because I called him a mewling half-man.

Ah welcome back dude! Dinnae know it was you.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
There are literally no words for how ridiculous those bans are. Their echo chamber will eat itself.

I guess it speaks to a certain level of immaturity on most Era users part that they're unable to entertain opposing or differing opinions without reacting as they do.
Immaturity is a good word. They are all sheltered man-children told that they were special when they were younger and that whatever they are feeling is perfectly valid and they never received any criticism.

Immaturity is a good word. They are all sheltered man-children told that they were special when they were younger and that whatever they are feeling is perfectly valid and they never received any criticism.
Likely doesn't help that they've spent years within safe spaces or posting on message boards never having their views or opinions challenged in any meaningful way. So when the real world comes around it probably knocks them on their arse. 😅

A few years ago there was a big fuss about students 'de-platforming' speakers at their universities and dissenters arguing that it would lead to a narrowing of views and experiences. And here we are, a generation of kids and young adults who can't cope with people who have opinions that differ from whatever the ultra-woke consensus is on any particular issue.

It's causing real-world problems. Here in the UK we have got lumbered with what looks like an almost invincible yet incompetent ruling Tory party simply because a bunch of idiot children decided that it was more important that Labour was ultra-left-wing than it was to find common ground, build consensus and win elections. And look where that got us. People won't vote for you if you are calling supporters of your own party 'racist red tories' simply because they don't think Jeremy Corbyn is a good politician. Not to mention the gall of doing that while at the same time being led by the nose into antisemitism because you have not the wit to see through the people you are arselicking.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
6Ffe8hW.png

gay marriage happened first as a state by state thing, starting in 2004, during the start of W's second term. but LOL at trying to claim it would have never happened without Obama. double LOL at this person spreading revisionist history being a moderator.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
6Ffe8hW.png

gay marriage happened first as a state by state thing, starting in 2004, during the start of W's second term. but LOL at trying to claim it would have never happened without Obama. double LOL at this person spreading revisionist history being a moderator.

What do you mean it started as a state by state thing in 2004? California passed Prop 8 in 2008, amending the state constitution to ban same-sex marriage. The only thing that was happening state by state in the early oughts were statewide bans, opening them up to legal challenges, eventually culminating in the Supreme Court deciding such bans were unconstitutional. It seems likely that if a Republican (i.e. McCain or Romney) were appointing justices, they would not be for same-sex marriage.

No Obama = no gay marriage isn't exactly a lol-worthy take IMO.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
It cracks me up how their mods deal out justice in their political threads. One of them was going HAM on anyone who had something negative to say about Bernie last night. If you look at the last few pages of their primary thread it's all people getting banned for saying he never had a chance.

There's this one mod, Brazil, who seems to be the main culprit. Look at this shit:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/de...uidelines-in-op.172738/page-553#post-29786504

It cracks me up how their mods deal out justice in their political threads. One of them was going HAM on anyone who had something negative to say about Bernie last night. If you look at the last few pages of their primary thread it's all people getting banned for saying he never had a chance.

There's this one mod, Brazil, who seems to be the main culprit. Look at this shit:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/de...uidelines-in-op.172738/page-553#post-29786504

I remember him from such threads as the GAF 2016 olympics thread where he got all pissy about people slagging off the facilities (including the green pool). Seemed very precious. Was surprised/not surprised he was made a mod on Re. Does he live in the US now?

Jezbollah

They don't like me very much over there so I wasn't very surprised. Probably had about ten bans or so all told. Was only back from another ban about two weeks before that for taking the piss out of Solar Puffin. I noticed he was quick to dance on my grave in my breakfast thread the cunt. all because I called him a mewling half-man.

I said it here before, and I'll say it again, you spoke the truth in that post you were banned for. No sensible person would have objected to it.

Ionian

Saw that earlier and thought it was weird. Always thought admins would at least be able to code basic scripts.

Very odd, who stepped down?

Sites only going to be worse now, what are they even doing?

nush

Gold Member

rNFKV9Z.png

Looks like someones gotten high huffing the fumes from a freethinkers trashfire. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Ionian

Don't they repeatedly say mods have a discussion to say bans are agreed with. (most likely a lie)

Who does an admin concur with?

This is going to be hilarious.

its almost as if cerrium has placed a bet to see how he could create the shittiest place on the internet and get it to implode on itself within 12 months

I guess b-dubbs pennance to the official blackera leader is a promotion

as many have mentioned excel being promoted to a moderator role will almost form the horse(gender pronoun person) of the apocalypse

In other news...patiently waiting for a thread attacking trump and him closing travel with eu..

600Breezy

>guy skypes with random date and agree to meet
>guy brings him over to his place which sounds like a tip
>guy gets a phonecall from "friend" who says her cat died and wants him to come meet up with her
>guy leaves date 30 mins in
>guy calls Ree user and tells him he found his place "jarring"
>Ree user wants Karma to kill this man for ditching

Lmao yes its this guys fault that he doesn't want to cuddle with you in landfill

Edit: this response killed me

"Your apartment must be an absolute shithole if your date had to make an excuse to bail on your date and then block you after. "

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom