• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Republicans want to protect drivers from lawsuits when they hit protesters

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
This straight up sounds anti-first Amendment. You can't get more anti-free speech than allowing people to ram into protestors.

I remember this came a few months ago. I remember reading it on Facebook and my half brother cheered at the idea because he really hates liberals/democrats. He eventually blocked me on Facebook because I called him out on a dumb picture he was sharing. I shudder to think what's going through his mind with the latest events unfolding.

Moppeh

Banned
It is kind of amazing how openly fucked up Republicans can be in America.

If a Conservative tried this in Canada, they would be eviscerated.

Dhx

Who do you think are 'obsctructing traffic'? The BLM and #NODAPL protests for once and they so happen to be people of color protesting against their oppression.

I don't really care who it is obstructing traffic as that wasn't my point. I'm looking at the actual text of the legislation and that is the sole basis of my judgement.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
so everyone liked to say america had gone mad when GWB was in charge, but that was a bit over done..

I think you did it this time guys...

Wilsongt

"maybe if protestors weren't in the middle of the road they wouldn't be hit. Make it illegal to block traffic!"

That is their line of thinking. If someone is in the road and a car hits them, they pretty muched deserved it and should have been working instead or protestinf, anyway.

UberTag

It is kind of amazing how openly fucked up Republicans can be in America.

If a Conservative tried this in Canada, they would be eviscerated.
And in America, mainstream news will insist on hearing from both sides of the issue because the "pro-running over protesters" argument should have an audience as well.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
Local elections matter. Midterm elections matter. 50 state strategy or bust. People are suffering NOW.

But dumb fucks want to be idealistic and tout their progressiveness so much so that they're willing to forego any of it in lieu of obstruction via someone like Trump or voting for anyone but the most liberal candidate because that candidate is not a 1-to-1 match of their ideals.

Fuck out of here.

And in America, mainstream news will insist on hearing from both sides of the issue because the "pro-running over protesters" argument should have an audience as well.

When Fox news justified BLM just for the smidge to vouch for Nazis. Why the fuck is this tolerated? Why do :some LIBERALS champion this form of 'free speech'?

Jotaka

MxdoYmK.gif

Malyse

The fact is that they are more interested in legislation to protect white people than minorities. There's a reason opioid abuse is suddenly a crisis.

Moppeh

Banned
What we consider "conservative" up in Canada is probably closer to liberal in the US.

True, but we still have a fair share of shit stains in the Conservative Party.

I just find it fascinating that Republicans get away with being so regressive and blatantly evil.

Seeing shit like this makes me feel very fortunate for being Canadian.

Yeah, that's a damn shame. Our news media isn't perfect either, but at least they don't empower this sort of shit.

Triple Dash

Neo Member
There's no dialogue to be had here, this is an obvious ploy to save face among GOP diehard supporters. This is no different than Trump's new immigration plan. They know it's stupid and will be dead on arrival.

BlueDevil

North Carolina? fucking lol!

I love the Triangle but i hate the rest of the state. Either way, not surprised in the slightest given how toxic the republicans here are

I don't really care who it is obstructing traffic as that wasn't my point. I'm looking at the actual text of the legislation and that is the sole basis of my judgement.
So you don't care about context. OK. And you don't see how these bills are intentionally vague and can be interpreted to mean anything. OK. I suppose it's only a coincidence that these proposals are Republican exclusive.

TalonJH

You wonder how this even exists in real life.

The you read a YouTube comment like:

And remember that these people can vote.

Then again, he only crashed because he couldn't see the stationary cars through the hundreds of people he intended to murder to "escape", despite the street behinx him being empty before he decided to ram a crowd....you would have reacted the same way if you're homes with yourself.

I've been seeing this a lot. He wasn't surrounded as they like to think.

This is him speeding into the crowd.

170812-charlottesville-car-crash-1-ew-359p_ac7eaea94889069e4da4cffd1a6fb83b.nbcnews-ux-600-480.jpg

sq_ugcvacrash_170812.nbcnews-ux-1080-600.jpg

They need to get over the fact that he is not a victim.

Aren't these the same people who always screamed 'but small government' when discussing things that actually benefit people?
They only scream small government when they don't have control. They have no principals they are basically children that throw a temper tantrum whenever things don't go there way because they are massive cowards.

TalonJH

This picture alone is damning.

Yet people will call this picture fake news because they are fucking idiots that think technology is magic.

I mean, if you look closely, you can see the pickup truck that was near the cash, and people between them. No one behind him. If those cars weren't there, he would have just plowed threw more people. He sped into this group. No excuse.

cdyhybrid

1) Of course it's North Carolina.

2) This is why I don't give any of the GOP clowns condemning Charlottesville any credit. When push comes to shove they'll take those white supremacist votes every time.

Top Bottom