• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Report: RTX 5000 allegedly has 512-bit memory bus (32GB VRAM)

Draugoth

Gold Member
Nvidia logo in black and green

Nvidia Leaker Kopite7kimi mentions that multiple industry sources have confirmed that the next-generation Nvidia flagship (let's call it the RTX 5090) will feature a 512-bit memory interface. If true, this marks the first time since the GTX 280 and GTX 285 days — all the way back in 2008/2009! — that Nvidia has used a 512-bit bus width.

At a maximum throughput of 32 Gbps, a 512-bit bus width would translate into 2 TB/s throughput — double that of the RTX 4090. Considering how even $1,500 cards are nowadays insufficient to run the latest games at full settings and native resolution (looking at you, Remnant II), there may be something to that idea. With 2GB memory chips, a 512-bit interface would also translate to 32GB of VRAM total on such a GPU, or potentially even 64GB and 128GB professional versions with 4GB chips.

Kataploom

Gold Member
Pointless.

How many games are built to utilize that power?

Nvidia have the greatest scam going.
Games? Oh no no, you're not understanding current GPU market my man.

But yeah, I consider those cards mostly pointless for most gamers unless they do some kind of rendering work on the computer too.

I even thought on getting a 4090 but then thought about the electricity bill and no thanks.

ToTTenTranz

Banned
Yeah, no gamer is going to be able to buy this.

It's going to be swooped up by companies hosting stable diffusion services and others running LLMs locally, not to mention all the colleges and research institutes using it for deep learning, all of whom will pay twice the MSRP for the card.

Akuji

Pointless.

How many games are built to utilize that power?

Nvidia have the greatest scam going.
PC gaming scales? soooooooo not sure what ur on about.
If you play a game at 4k 100fps, then a double as powerfull card could push 4k 200fps?

not that difficult to grasp. 4k 240hz is coming, Displayport can do it.
i have a 144hz 4k in my home theatre as a monitor display to check everythings alright and as it should be.
its my old screen, have a QHD 240hz and dont want to go back to 144hz.

so ... let people have the performance who want it? i feel like everythings fucking slow these days.
my 8800gtx could play everything for quite a while. modern cards struggle at everything it feels like.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I wonder how the 4090 sold at $1600. Nvidia has the world by the balls right now. Recently became a trillion dollar company. Somehow always in position to profit huge off the latest buzzwords in tech. Nothing would surprise me with their pricing going forward. Please save us AMD Intel.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I kinda expect them to bring back the Titan cards and price them for retards. Another 24 gig card as the 5090. I feel like the only thing that has pushed the 4090 VRAM limit is Stable Diffusion and it’s still quite fast at it.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Threads like this are a painful reminder that I now have a mortgage…

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
Hard to get excited. The actual price tag itself will probably be bigger than a 4090.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
The 40 series is a joke. Cards are barely faster if not slower than last gen, while also costing more.
The only good cards are 4080 and 90 but both should be 50% cheaper.

Neo_game

1000+ $ GPU to run UE5 games at 60fps is not good news for consoles or even PC gaming for that matter.

Last edited:

mrcroket

I doubt, it's nvidia so I will say 24gb for the 5090 and 16gb for the 5080. AMD top graphics will probably be 32gb and sponsored games "optimized" for 32gb of memory.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
they can charge whatever they want, PCMR is going to eat it up.

Top Bottom