• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

REMEMBER REACH l OT

PC Game Pass, I Love You

What a glorious day. Been itching to replay this for a long time.

Never got a chance to play Reach, may do so now.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
Downloading very slowly on gamepass. Shouldve allowed pre load.
No issues. Little more wait.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Ugh this pc gamepass download is slow as shit... yet it let me download the other day some 10meg file and nothing else? Weird...

Every time I try to load the game it just sits at a halo splash screen on my desktop, so I’m downloading through the store instead. Servers must be hammered.

It is. I still don’t know why it’s being sold alone
They are releasing the Halo games in Chronological order lorewise. At the moment only reach is released so it's the only one you can buy separately. If you buy the MCC outright, you will get access to the other games when they are finally released.

I just bought it. pretty excited haven't played Halo since Halo 1 for the PC.

Mista

Banned
They are releasing the Halo games in Chronological order lorewise. At the moment only reach is released so it's the only one you can buy separately. If you buy the MCC outright, you will get access to the other games when they are finally released.

I just bought it. pretty excited haven't played Halo since Halo 1 for the PC.
Why does the store page says you need to have MCC then? It’s a bit weird since it’s already included.

Can't launch it on PC after downloading the whole thing update included

It wouldn't launch from the Game Pass or MS Store app for me, or had to launch from start menu/search bar

Am I missing something or are there no advance video settings, is it just FPS limit, enhanced graphic toggle?

Last edited:

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Game runs fine, but the sound Is messed up, guns and voices are quiet as shit, and the game world is loud. Doesn't sound good at all. The games graphics are awful as well, and while I know its an old game, its just all over the place. It doesn't help there are zero graphics options, not even a damn resolution option, so foliage and shit is dithered right in front of your face...

I have to be honest, first impressions are terrible...

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Game runs fine, but the sound Is messed up, guns and voices are quiet as shit, and the game world is loud. Doesn't sound good at all. The games graphics are awful as well, and while I know its an old game, its just all over the place. It doesn't help there are zero graphics options, not even a damn resolution option, so foliage and shit is dithered right in front of your face...

yup there is def something wrong with the sound.
it is dolby atmos but the soundmix seems completely off

HE1NZ

Banned

There's definitely an option to switch resolution. Sound is bad though.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
There's definitely an option to switch resolution. Sound is bad though.

Eh, am I blind or something haha? Where?

EDIT: Nope, there is resolution scale, but that's no good if I want to supersample and it caps at 100.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
Fall of Reach was a decent read. I remember enjoying the game when it launched and I just completed the first chapter in the MCC. So far, so good. I was a little worried as I've been messing around with Halo 2 (which I hated when it first released) and ODST (which I never played) and quickly fell off those games.

GHG

Well...… hmmm... *looks*

Yup, setting it none borderless allows you to change resolution, but still can't use anything higher than my native res.

That's standard with windows store games.

You need to first change your desktop res to whatever resolution you want to use in game.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
1 EURO for 3 months of gamepass ultimate on pc. What is microsoft even doing !
But it separately is utterly pointless. Just pay 1 euro now, play for 3 months and if You still want it and there is no longer gamepass for 1 euro... then it will be cheaper probably

DonF

I loved reach on original x360

I never understood the map rotation thing, damn that game had an unfriendly menu.

I actually really liked the abilities, I understand that it changed the halo formula, but it felt like cool new mechanic that in the end, it didnt really change the whole gameplay.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Already #4 most played on steam stats page, below pubg, above (f2p) destiny 2, that's pretty good considering it's "free" with game pass.

Also glad to hear it works great on low end hardware (real low end, not "2080 not-Ti") like 970 getting ~100 fps with enhanced graphics on.

Last edited:
Top Bottom