• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reggie White Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matlock

Banned
At least he died peacefully in his sleep.

They said he went out with his family to watch Fat Albert the day before.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
I would also like to comment on that Amazing Grace clip. Really choked me up as well, especially after knowing him so well from being a lifelong Bears fan.
That one clip was better than any amount of sacks they could put on a tribute video.

BigGreenMat said:
The fact that the plight of african american's was being used by homosexuals as a tool and weapon in their battles was probably wildly ignorant and grossly offensive to him when he made those comments and he has a valid point as there is a disconnect.
There are clear, basic similarities between the black and gay civil rights movements.

He may not have used the most endearing terms to you personally, but no one can express oneself without offending someone.
I find this argument ridiculous. So, if someone spouts off with a bunch of racial slurs, for instance, it's just an unavoidable truth that someone's going to be offended and that makes it alright for you?

Equating gay people with "liars and cheaters and people who are malicious and back-stabbing" goes way beyond White's using not "the most endearing terms to [me] personally." It makes me sick that you or anyone would defend this.

Reformed or not, White used his power and visibility to promote hatred and damnation of gay people. He may have been a great guy otherwise, but just because he's dead doesn't mean he never said it and it doesn't erase the damage he did. I'm so sick of people with very dirty pasts suddenly becoming sainted when they die.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom