• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption 2: PS4 Early Access Content Revealed

Kagey K

Banned
https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/10/05/red-dead-redemption-2-ps4-early-access-content-revealed/

Images of content at the link.

“Grizzlies Outlaw Outfit – available day one in Red Dead Redemption 2 Story Mode and at the launch of Red Dead Online

A slick but rugged look, the Grizzlies Outlaw Outfit is perfect for exploring the forests of Ambarino.

Featuring a wool-lined, long coat with custom, hand-tooled leather accents, a leather vest with ornate pattern details, stand wing-tip collar with black neckerchief, and custom ornate buckle with matching boot tips, the Grizzlies Outlaw Outfit pays homage to the “boss” of the Northern States, its real-world inspiration.

Red Chestnut Arabian Horse – available at the launch of Red Dead Online

Known for its speed and handling, the Red Chestnut Arabian Horse is in a class above most horses you would find in the wild, with performance a step up from the first tier of available horses.

Alligator Skin Ranch Cutter Saddle – available at the launch of Red Dead Online

In addition to its stylish look, the Alligator Skin Ranch Cutter Saddle provides a number of benefits when equipped including core Health and Stamina boosts, which increase speed and acceleration for the horse. This saddle is an enhanced version of the basic saddle that comes stock for players when starting Red Dead Online.

High Roller Double-Action Revolver – available at the launch of Red Dead Online

Looks could kill: The High Roller Double-Action Revolver features a polished steel body with unique period-inspired, beautifully detailed engraving work. The deadly, quick draw revolver comes complete with unique playing card and skull elements carved into the grip. Its superior, quick rate of fire over all other revolvers makes it a great choice for mounted combat.”

I fully expected this to be a thread already.

Lasso me and drag me to the sheriff if old.

Last edited:

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
30 days at most.

Says timed exclusives are “up to 30 days” in the fine print.
I'd rather there be no exclusive content, but I'll easily take this over the one year bullshit that's pulled with Destiny. Especially since XB1 users are paying the same as PS4 users, just with less content.

Kagey K

Banned
Red dead online won’t even be out before the 90 days is up. There isn’t much you are missing there.

I’m sure Sony went in there for a year deal on robberies or whatever. If this is what RS got them down to, that’s awesome in my books.

Sony can pretend it’s exclusive in commercials and such and toss it in bundles, but Xbox misses out on nothing basically.

The game should have been exclusive to pa4. Wasn’t there supposed to be an exclusive playstation game from rockstar?

thelastword

Banned
The game should have been exclusive to pa4. Wasn’t there supposed to be an exclusive playstation game from rockstar?
Agent, looked pretty solid from concept and early screens too.....Don't know how Sony and Rockstar have resolved that, but I don't think the marketing deal with RDR2 covers that deal....

Website is still up btw, so who knows...
http://www.rockstargames.com/agent/

As for the early content, #4theplayers indeed as even good guy Sony did not go for 1 year exclusivity and paid up big. I guess all the players won here.....I do remember telling folk that the extra content would not be in the vein of the lost and the damned and gay tony.....Even the extra content RDR got on PS3 was not a huge expansion...so there was always precedence...

RDR1
“Solomon’s Folly Gang Hideout” and the “Walton Gang Outfit” as exclusives for PS3 owners.

RDR2
??????? in the OP...30 days only.....

Last edited:

DavidGzz

Rockstar was probably asking a high price for any more than this sorry content. Looks like I am not missing a thing with the X version. Can't wait!

Arun1910

It seems odd to me that is is used as an incentive to try and get people to get a PS4 (version? Or PS4)?

I will never understand what a few cosmetics or weapons does to someones opinion on what platform to buy something on.

TacosNSalsa

It seems odd to me that is is used as an incentive to try and get people to get a PS4 (version? Or PS4)?

I will never understand what a few cosmetics or weapons does to someones opinion on what platform to buy something on.

If all other things are equal then I could definitely see little knick knacks swaying some people to one version over the other .

Arun1910

If all other things are equal then I could definitely see little knick knacks swaying some people to one version over the other .

Hmm, I guess I just like missions, extra missions would be more of an incentive. Not a coat and then 3 things I'd only get to use sometime in November for online.

ZiriusOne

That high roller revolver looks like something a mexican drug cartel boss would have. Ugly as hell.

article-1304465-0AD72783000005DC-377_634x413.jpg

The outfit and horse are pretty nice though.

Top Bottom