• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Recommend graphics mods for GTA V on PC.

kiphalfton

The game still looks outdated, despite maxing out the settings and playing at 4k.

What are good graphics mods to make it look better.

Jayjayhd34

I'm looking some videos but none of them showing vram . Usage fps etc find that bit odd as kids d of standard for performance videos on YouTube.

Monserrat

Banned
Special K HDR on an HDR monitor makes it look pretty good. But I still think it had better IQ with nvidia around launch, there was a performance patch that at some point that hurt the IQ big time.

Last edited:

kiphalfton

Mods often end up looking overdone.
Shame there is no RT and this special TAA in pc version.
Ps5 version looks so damn clean.

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. Those crappy videos on YouTube make the game look good, but who knows how any of that translates to how it will actually look when running it.

I'm sure PS5 version actually looks better than PC, as PC looks okay but you can totally tell it's a PS3/Xbox 360 game.

DLSS mod is around the corner, might want to wait for that one. Massive improvements over the games AA and even better than the TAA on consoles.

I bet.

See this is why I wanted to make a new thread and didn't want to rely on threads that were even a couple months old.

Mods can come at any moment, even for older games (amazed me the last time I tried to play on PC was almost exactly 4 years ago).

Last edited:

kiphalfton

Yeah it's my go to version now. The RT could be more robust but the image is great.

I downloaded the NaturalVision Evolved mod, and although it looks good... my god does the framerate dip hard whenever I accelerate a car from a dead stop.

The PS5 version probably would have been my go to, as it was $15 this past weekend, BUT I'm already 1/3 of the way through the game, I've already double dipped (have it on PS4 and PC), and I can't justify giving Rockstar any more money. Still was tempted though.

Larxia

DLSS mod is around the corner, might want to wait for that one. Massive improvements over the games AA and even better than the TAA on consoles.
The game on PC actually has MSAA available so AA is really not a problem in that game if you have enough power to run it on high MSAA. At X8 it looks super clean.

Myths

Nah, natural vision remastered is still the best timecycle with PRSA. In fact, I just did a fresh install - get all the asset and texture updates from NVE but keep the timecycles and visual settings from NVR.

NVE looks too bright, like Need For Speed when it dropped several years back.

Also, ENB adds very little these days. It has detailed shadows, shore foaming, and fixes some foliage lighting but messes with other timecycle settings such as sky and ambient lights. MSAA and Post FX Ultra are unnecessary. You can get great results using HQAA in ReShade. Pretty much ReShade is necessary.

Last edited:
Top Bottom