• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart - Review Thread

Ezquimacore

Banned

This guy
Kf7L2lM.jpg

GymWolf

Tastes? Opinion? I really don’t like it but I don’t keep saying it is bad… I know people like it.

Even in Miles Morales it is pretty boring the gameplay.
Spiderman has the best and really only acceptable iteration of free flow combat, did you played on normal\easy?

you can do absolute crazy shit in spidey, far beyond anything inside ratchet combat system, and i don't even like excessive acrobatic playstyles that much.

But i guess different games and shit...

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Spiderman has the best and really only acceptable iteration of free flow combat, did you played on normal\easy?

you can do absolute crazy shit in spidey, far beyond anything inside ratchet combat system, and i don't even like excessive acrobatic playstyles that much...
You can but it means not much and you keep doing the same things... I don't like it to be fair.

I love R&C gameplay.... it is fun, enaging, etc.
Before people ask I love Mario gameplay too.

Sometimes the simple is already the best.

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
And that's why sony doesn't evolve gameplay wise smh
this is 100% bullshit.

i mean for fuck sake you are in the thread of a game that uses the speed of the ps5 as a new gameplay mechanic. let me not start with tlous 2. ill just say that showing any gameplay of any 3rd person shooters and i will show you a clip of tlous 2 that is substantially better(aside from kojima games I'm too bias)

Last edited:

Ezquimacore

Banned
But TLOU2 evolved a lot of TLOU that always had fantastic gameplay.
I can't wait to see how Factions will be with TLOU2's gameplay because the TLOU's gameplay shined in Factions.
Yeah but ghost of tsushima, horizon, ratchet and clank and bloodborne had better gameplay so how can it be "gameplay perfection" it has better gameplay than the first one but that kind of game is very limited "gameplay wise"

Md Ray

Their engine uses a form of "approximate ray tracing" for select reflections on the PS4. It was first utilized in KZ:SF
Sony devs are ahead of the curve without a doubt, man.

Also, let's not forget The Tomorrow Children.
PS4 Exclusive The Tomorrow Children Uses New Ray Tracing Tech with Real Reflections; More Info Shared (dualshockers.com)

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Yeah but ghost of tsushima, horizon, ratchet and clank and bloodborne had better gameplay so how can it be "gameplay perfection" it has better gameplay than the first one but that kind of game is very limited "gameplay wise"
I just disagree :(
Gost of Tsushima's gameplay is very very repetitive.
Bloodborne is great for action but there it own issues.

From these games the best one is The Last of Us 2... perfection 3rd-person gameplay together with MGSV.
And Destiny 2 is the perfection in 1st-person shooter gameplay imo.

Of course perfection today... I can be surprised with better gameplay in the future.

Last edited:

Ezquimacore

Banned
this is 100% bullshit.

i mean for fuck sake you are in the thread of a game that uses the speed of the ps5 as a new gameplay mechanic. let me not start with tlous 2. ill just say that showing any gameplay of any 3rd person shooters and i will show you a clip of tlous 2 that is substantially better(aside from kojima games I'm too bias)
You will show me clips of better animations and better graphics, that's what people don't understand about ND games. The gameplay is "good" but everything else is better than the gameplay, so don't call that "gameplay" perfection when it has the same template.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

jonnyp

Keeping games at 60 fps is already starting to hurt. Really seems like most games that prioritize pushing graphics are going to be 30 fps this gen, again.

Of course concessions will have to be made when doubling the framerate. Pretty much every game so far has options for 30 and 60fps. I have no idea what point you people are trying to make.

Ezquimacore

Banned
tenor.gif

same template to what?
Same template to ND recent games which are good but not "gameplay perfection" like some of y'all like to say, and that's why stays like that and don't evolve. Tlou3 will be uncharted 1 with even better graphics. Tlou is not even top 5 when it comes to sony's exclusives in terms of gameplay.

Ezquimacore

Banned
3rd-person view Sony TM… all have the game gameplay 😂😂😂
Walk, climb, stealth and shoot. What changes is the animations and the background, and they don't need to do more because their games are focused on other stuff like storytelling and graphics. Calling it gameplay perfection is actually an insult other sony studios.

ethomaz

Banned
Walk, climb, stealth and shoot. What changes is the animations and the background, and they don't need to do more because their games are focused on other stuff like storytelling and graphics. Calling it gameplay perfection is actually an insult other sony studios.
Well TLOU’s gameplay was already perfection… TLOU2’s just envolves it no new weights.

I can’t wait Factions with TLOU2’s perfection.

SLB1904

Banned
Same template to ND recent games which are good but not "gameplay perfection" like some of y'all like to say, and that's why stays like that and don't evolve. Tlou3 will be uncharted 1 with even better graphics. Tlou is not even top 5 when it comes to sony's exclusives in terms of gameplay.
you make it sound like is a bad thing. its called originality. as soon as you start a naughty dog game you know is a naughty dog game. some for rockstar, nintendo. etc.
how can you with a straight face say tlous 2 is just uncharted 1. i wont even go that far because your trolling is obvious

does this look like uncharted 1 to you?
PracticalScornfulErin-size_restricted.gif

how about the AI? like the ai improvements they made over the years making every encounter dynamic.

Last edited:

LordCBH

A minute's silence for poor Jason. This good news must really hurt him. He and his buddies at cuntera.com can try to get James Arnold Taylor cancelled again.

He’s not gonna get his half inch chub by being able to write an article based on cherry picked disgruntled former employees

Punished Miku

Gold Member
you make it sound like is a bad thing. its called originality. as soon as you start a naughty dog game you know is a naughty dog game. some for rockstar, nintendo. etc.
how can you with a straight face say tlous 2 is just uncharted 1. i wont even go that far because your trolling is obvious

They've been basically making the same TPS for 3 gens now. I honestly hope ND does something different that's actually more gameplay-focused, and innovative.

I say the same thing about Bethesda GS. Basically made Morrowind, and then just remade it in various forms with slight adjustments for the next 3 generations.

God of War had impressive gameplay innovation in my opinion. A substantial change from their previous stuff.

Reactions: Fbh

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Good to see its getting positive reception but unfortunately for me there are just too many other games has my attention.

Fbh

Nice, seems like another solid entry in the R&C franchise. It's actually reviewing higher than I expected (would have guessed low 80's).

It's crazy how efficient Insomniac are while keeping up the quality. Since late 2018 (less than 3 years) they released Spiderman ps4, Miles Morales and Now this.

Last edited:

Ezquimacore

Banned

Same gameplay different animations and background. Dude, originality? Maybe you're too young but It's just modern "Kill Switch" I'm not saying is a bad thing, I'm responding to the guy saying is gameplay perfection when Sony has better ips in terms of gameplay.

jonnyp

Well TLOU’s gameplay was already perfection… TLOU2’s just envolves it no new weights.

I can’t wait Factions with TLOU2’s perfection.

I played MGSV right before TLOU2 and I missed not being able to hide bodies but ND is not far behind.

Top Bottom