• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart - Insomniac Insights | PS5

Man I loved the last R&C on PS4. This looks like upgrade in every sense. Can't wait. They still need to polish transitions between words because there's visible pop-in.

zeorhymer

Haven't really seen much except the trailer. I'll wait for game play footage. I'm disappointed they didn't have an innuendo as a title.

-Arcadia-

Banned
This is the first Ratchet game in a while that’s caught my eye. It just looks fun. The portals, visuals, sheer amount of chaos and destruction on screen, and smooth, polished gameplay — it looks fresh, varied, and perfected, all at the same time.

jakinov

Insomniac is on roll after the puschase.
Two new games for next-gen.
Well one game is a standalone expansion. Insomniac has always push out a lot of games it's not because of the acquisition. I believe they have at least 3 teams and at least two distinct physical studios. By the end of this year they would have released 21 games (Some smaller than others) in the last 10 years.

Not super relevant but writing about their history reminded me of some music videos the company made:

Last edited:

Vawn

Banned
Console is releasing in a matter of months. The same developer had no problem saying the Spider-Man expansion was releasing 2020.

Spider-Man was the only game given a release date. Other games have turned out to be launch games - Kena: Bridge of Spirits and Godfall.

Vawn

Banned
Kena and Godfall have said from the get go that they were releasing this Fall/Winter.

I didn't think Kena did, but either way. Ratchet and Clank looks very far along. I'm hoping, at worst, it's a Q1 2021 game.

The launch will be pretty busy with Astro, Spider-Man, Kena, Assassin's Creed Valhalla and Cyberpunk 2077.

zeorhymer

Either your just trying to be funny or your being Obtuse.
Since no one was helpful at all and acted high and mighty. Here's some game play footage. More of the same which is to be expected. I'm interested in the weapon upgrades and see what the level 3 weapons will do.

Vawn

Banned
Since no one was helpful at all and acted high and mighty. Here's some game play footage. More of the same which is to be expected. I'm interested in the weapon upgrades and see what the level 3 weapons will do.

I'm glad it's traditional Ratchet.

Although, an older, more mature Ratchet with a beard who travels with a young lombax that he just calls "boy" would also be cool.

Psykodad

Banned

Here's the PS5 gameplay footage:

Quite a leap.

Yoboman

Console is releasing in a matter of months. The same developer had no problem saying the Spider-Man expansion was releasing 2020.
Im hoping its more of a case of them not wanting to hint at when the release date of PS5 is. Whereas I dont think Spiderman is launch, it will be December

pixelation

My dream Ratchet game is one where he gets stranded on a low tech planet and as such cannot travel to any new planets... so he is forced to travel that big open world planet and instead of flashy weapons he needs to rely on weapons powered by magic as he looks for a way to get out of said planet in time to stop a villain threatening the whole galaxy... or something.

Last edited:
Top Bottom