• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

hollerphonix

Neo Member
It's mechanical so assumedly would be able to be destroyed multiple ways including melee bullets and explosives. I'd find it hard to believe that it would be melee only.

KodaRuss

I had a glitch happen to me last night in the house. Ran to the garage door to barricade and somehow I glitched outside after the barricade was finished and insta died. I recorded it and was with a Gaf group at the time.

Has anyone had that happen before?

That map looks awesome. Really creative. Siege might not have 30+ maps like some Arena shooter, but they are super dense and all have their own themes... probably 1000% the work load and creativity to create these maps.

Yep. I generally really like all the maps except maybe the biker bar one and sometimes canal.

hollerphonix

Neo Member
Shooting would be too OP.
I guess explosive works, since it's limited to Ash and grenades.

I feel like shooting would be included. I see it as a relatively hard to spot defensive option given the right map and smart placement it won't matter how it can be destroyed cause by the time you see it it'll be too late. I mean since its mechanical it already limits spotting options preemptively at least so if frost waits until after the initial timer and then starts placing them you could wipe out a few players with no effort and very little options for the other team to resort to against it.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Shooting would be too OP.
I guess explosive works, since it's limited to Ash and grenades.
That trap is more to take away windows than doorways I'd imagine.

Like all gadgets, it's meant to give attackers another thing to think about, not necessarily generate kills. Though kills are great when they happen, but none of the gadgets should be easy kills. That's why Kap-traps are actually really well balanced as they are. Slow down attackers, punish hastiness, occasionally get kills that can heavily impact the momentum of a round or match.

Shooting traps isn't OP. Imo it fits well in the meta.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I guess, the window theory makes sense as well.

Shooting gives your position away, meaning the trap just did one of it's jobs.

Positioning doesn't really mean much on most maps I feel. So many rooms and hallways and windows, by the time you figured out exactly where the shot came from, they could be on the other side of the map.

Mikeside

so I'm trying to play this game on PC, but I'm CONSTANTLY getting removed from match.
I've literally not had a single game where I've actually been able to play.

Does anybody know why this keeps happening to me?

KodaRuss

Bear Traps might be pretty OP if you cannot shoot them. Put one below a window and you basically cannot destroy it if there is a Jager charge close by.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Bear Traps might be pretty OP if you cannot shoot them. Put one below a window and you basically cannot destroy it if there is a Jager charge close by.
You'd need Ash.

I bet you can shoot them though.

Was hoping it'd look like an actual bear trap.

I bet she only gets two.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Super pumped about Jtf2, easily the best tac team in the world. A friend said no one was even aware they existed until it was leaked to the media or something along those lines. Also, they don't have a single reported casualty, and when some Admiral was asked if he could command any tac team in the world, he said Jtf2.
Edit: Only one casualty has been reported.
Also, they were deployed at the Vancouver Olympics and the G8/G20 summits to secure surrounding areas.

LAM09

z09sQZR.jpg

best thing in the new update

Great!

KodaRuss

You'd need Ash.

I bet you can shoot them though.

Was hoping it'd look like an actual bear trap.

I bet she only gets two.

Well we always need Dat Ash!

Like they said looks like three. I cannot wait until I trap somebody with it, just sounds like such a satisfying trap.

Kinda ridiculous though, what CTU would use a bear trap to defend anything haha.

hollerphonix

Neo Member
In general I think frost will be great I'm more intrigued by buck. What is skeleton key gonna look like in game, how strong, how many uses etc. At this point I'd be hard pressed to commit to using him myself but I'll certainly be interested in seeing how it plays out.

KodaRuss

Super pumped about Jtf2, easily the best tac team in the world. A friend said no one was even aware they existed until it was leaked to the media or something along those lines. Also, they don't have a single reported casualty, and when some admiral was asked if he could command any tac team in the world, he said Jtf2.

They have had 1 death that has been confirmed (I am sure they had more, especially in Afghanistan) http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/secret-ramp-ceremony-for-canadian-soldier-who-died-in-fall-1.671828

Regardless, everyone that plays Siege knows that GSG9 is the best because they wear jeans and wear cool shoes.

I have played just about every day from release for I would say at least two hours and I still can only afford one of the new operators. I'm gonna have to wait and see how things shake out for who to get.

hollerphonix

Neo Member
They have had 1 death that has been confirmed (I am sure they had more, especially in Afghanistan) http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/secret-ramp-ceremony-for-canadian-soldier-who-died-in-fall-1.671828

Regardless, everyone that plays Siege knows that GSG9 is the best because they wear jeans and wear cool shoes.

Gsg definitely seems like the most unprofessional looking group but the gadgets are not to be messed with. It's like they all took training got good and were like fuck uniforms I got these nice jeans instead.

etta

my hard graphic balls

Hell ya, Blitz and Jager are the best. I wish I could use IQ more, maybe she'll get a buff. But I'll definitely insta-pick Jtf2 when they release.
Gsg definitely seems like the most unprofessional looking group but the gadgets are not to be messed with. It's like they all took training got good and were like fuck uniforms I got these nice jeans instead.
That's what I like about them, their personality.
"Psh, fuck fire resistant overalls, I got my jeans and sneakers."

So the only way to destroy the bear traps are to bash them with the butt end of the gun.

Highly unlikely. It will absolutely be destroyed like any other item in game, minus EMPs and possibly Twitch drone.

It would make very little sense to be able to melee but not shoot bear traps.

Anyways, it seems highly dangerous, without Kapkan's vulnerabilities, and seemingly easier to hide (I wonder if you can place them anywhere, as opposed to under entrances).

Sure, it doesn't instantly kill you, but it seems it avoids Kapkan's obvious anchor and red light, which pretty much is useless on windows, and obvious on doors to any player who knows what to look for. Combine both together, and attackers should be slowed down considerably

This reminds me I was playing a hostage game saturday and some guy picks fuze. I'm on my knees hoping and praying at this point. We both rappel up to the hostage room window and he puts the cluster into the wall. At this point I'm just pleading. Don't you dare press that button, don't you do it. I hear the click and then the longest 3 seconds of my life just waiting until boom. Round Loss. Fuck.

Hell ya, Blitz and Jager are the best. I wish I could use IQ more, maybe she'll get a buff. But I'll definitely insta-pick Jtf2 when they release.

That's what I like about them, their personality.
"Psh, fuck fire resistant overalls, I got my jeans and sneakers."

If Nitro Cells could be reliably placed on chokepoints (no beeping and flashing), and if Kapkan traps were harder to spot (no anchor or reduced red light), IQ would be a must.

No one places nitro cells on chokepoints anymore because it's incredibly obvious. So people hold on to them and use them as mini-grenades, especially against Shields.

If Nitro Cells werent so obvious, IQ would be fantastic, especially with Thatcher. Right now, Thatcher spams his EMPs on the objective and destroys Mute, Bandit, and Jager.

If traps like Kapkan and Nitro Cells were placed around the map, it would improve classes like Twitch, Thatcher, and IQ and would require more communication and teamwork to approach an objective.

I think IQ should be able to also mark lethals like Nitro and Kapkan too. But with Kapkan and Nitro Cell, you simply dont need IQ because of how obvious they are.

This reminds me I was playing a hostage game saturday and some guy picks fuze. I'm on my knees hoping and praying at this point. We both rappel up to the hostage room window and he puts the cluster into the wall. At this point I'm just pleading. Don't you dare press that button, don't you do it. I hear the click and then the longest 3 seconds of my life just waiting until boom. Round Loss. Fuck.

you should have shot him.

KodaRuss

Or shoot the charge, it will disable it.

Only three entry points for the new map...

That reminds me of a certain other passenger-carrying form of transportation...

Please don't be Plane 2

Beaulieu

So is the map coming out for eveyone tomorrow ? I know season pass holders get a 1 week advance on operators, but is that also true for the map ? If so, that would split the community for 1 week, no ?

HiiiLife

As far as I know everybody gets the map. Season holders get operators early. That's it. Aside from skins and xp boosts, but I don't care about that shit. I put way too much time into this game I'll get the reknown needed for the new operators when the next drop comes around April.

Valkrai

I had the fishiest fucking game I've ever seen. I'm livid.

One guy is insta headshotting even without any knowledge and penetrating even without murder holes. Next I shoot someone, they teleport and get revived, and lose the round because someone who I hit with a full mag with an AUG and pistol is invincible.

Fuck this shit.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Wonder how many times you'll get teamkilled for picking someone's operator.
I dunno, I'll report back tomorrow :D.

As far as I know everybody gets the map. Season holders get operators early. That's it. Aside from skins and xp boosts, but I don't care about that shit. I put way too much time into this game I'll get the reknown needed for the new operators when the next drop comes around April.
What do you know about skins, will season pass owners get some more free ones? Or will they be cheaper than usual? I remember reading something about the latter.
Or are you just referring to the Safari pack?

Positioning doesn't really mean much on most maps I feel. So many rooms and hallways and windows, by the time you figured out exactly where the shot came from, they could be on the other side of the map.
Words of a dead man. Positioning is very important, it goes hand in hand with the audio. I've never played a mp game where audio was so important. You'll hear your enemies long before you see them 8/10 times.
I have played just about every day from release for I would say at least two hours and I still can only afford one of the new operators. I'm gonna have to wait and see how things shake out for who to get.
This just doesn't seem right. I've been playing since day 1 almost everyday a few hours a day with a week break over the new year and I've bought every operator and most/all attachments as well as a shitload of skins and still have 60k renown.
That's just how they roll.
Fuck fucking with those people. There are so many incredibly talented warriors across the different Special Forces of the world it's impressive and so bad ass.

KodaRuss

Kinda getting the feeling like nothing is coming tomorrow. Ubisoft has still said nothing official about it. Whats the deal here?

Would it really be that hard to update the forums saying that 2.0 is coming tomorrow details will be released shortly before the patch.

Obviously they have the artwork and some marketing images ready to go...

Kinda getting the feeling like nothing is coming tomorrow. Ubisoft has still said nothing official about it. Whats the deal here?

Would it really be that hard to update the forums saying that 2.0 is coming tomorrow details will be released shortly before the patch.

The French Ubi site has pics of the new map on their page.

I agree, the silence is kinda bothersome. For that reason, I thought the map wasn't coming out until next Tues, but people have been passing some screens of players on the map, as the new ops, etc. No idea what the source is though.

Yeah, this doesn't seem right. Straight from Ubi:

“The data we have suggests that the average FPS player spends 8-10 hours a week playing their favorite FPS (also in-line with our observation during the closed beta), so it should only take between two to three weeks maximum to unlock an operator,” Ubisoft said explaining the unlock requirements. “With about three months between each Season of content, we hope players with regular game time won’t have trouble saving up enough Renown to unlock both new operators upon their release.”

Stop wasting renown on attachments and camos :p

I think I had all operators unlocked in the first month. Got 25k in 2.5 weeks of playing, a lot, with friends.

Klyka

Banned

They said like last week when tomorrow's downtime for 2.0 is.

Top Bottom