• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Q1 2024 JRPG Fest. Which ones are you getting it?

Which ones are you getting it?

• Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth

Votes: 59 30.4%
  • Granblue Fantasy: Relink

Votes: 65 33.5%
  • Persona 3 Reload

Votes: 63 32.5%
  • Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth

Votes: 120 61.9%
  • Dragon’s Dogma 2

Votes: 95 49.0%
  • None

Votes: 21 10.8%

• Total voters

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member

Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth​

yakuza1.jpg

Platforms: PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, and PC

Granblue Fantasy: Relink​

granblue-fantasy-relink-scaled.jpg

Platforms: PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5 and PC

Persona 3 Reload​

20230825114913-64e8bf6943f0b.jpg

Platforms: PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, and PC

Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth​

maxresdefault.jpg

Pltaforms: PlayStation 5

Dragon’s Dogma 2​

ss_8979e7af203f7405845f76ffa73749d924540e97.1920x1080.jpg

Platforms: PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, and PC
All of the list.... Except yakuza... For the moment.... I never see Granblue.... But I will buy it.

For me I'm buying these right away

Granblue Fantasy Relink
Unicorn Overlord
Eiyuden Chronicles
Sandland
Ace Attorney 2 Trilogy
Another Code Recollection

I'll be buying later

Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 3 Reload

Longcat

Suikoden 1&2 remake, Eiyuden and DD2. I'm not a Granblue fan, but if there's enough Platinum DNA left over in the combat system, I might pick it up.

Just noticed an interesting pattern... :messenger_grinning_sweat:

In 2020 we've got these JRPGs (okay I'm cheating a lil bit there with 13 sentinels :p)

81vi7OqaZ7L._SL1500_.jpg
71gl9Ke2XML._SL1000_.jpg
71GZ3ZzH8PL._SL1000_.jpg
81SDCAnRK7L._SL1500_.jpg

And now in 2024 we already got these awesome JRPGs from the same dev studios...

8139kZStJ6L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
81f2hMsuUlL._SL1500_.jpg
81D9sJpqBtL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
81i10w9radL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Which now got me thinking about what Squeenix, Vanillaware, Atlus and RGG Studio will have in store for us in 2028 🤔

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

Technically Q4 2023 but i'm only playing now so...

maxresdefault.jpg

Very cool game so far. I'm not much of a JRPG guy (also technically this is a KRPG), but i feel this one doesn't fall into the traps a lot of other games in the genre do.

I'm also planning to get Granblue F Relink at some point in the future, but i'm curious as to what they'll do with the game. If they'll release story DLCs and such.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Damm. I forgot about Vengeance. To many games, not enough time.
This year particular lot of Atlus games are coming out and for some reason they put release date close or even same day as other big games......Lets hope they dont do that again with Metaphor.

Technically Q4 2023 but i'm only playing now so...

maxresdefault.jpg

Very cool game so far. I'm not much of a JRPG guy (also technically this is a KRPG), but i feel this one doesn't fall into the traps a lot of other games in the genre do.

I'm also planning to get Granblue F Relink at some point in the future, but i'm curious as to what they'll do with the game. If they'll release story DLCs and such.
The character design caught my eye; too bad though there's no console port as of yet. :lollipop_pensive:

That said, I've added it to my Steam wishlist and once I get a Steam Deck will pick it up there.

geary

That fact that Yakuza has less votes than Grandblue and Persona, makes me lose faith in this forum. Not even talking about Dragon's Dogma 2.

15 years ago I would have probably said all of them, today none. I was expecting unicorn overlord for over a year, and started it yesterday, and I have the feeling that I won't play more than 5 hours, despite my initial impressions being "holy shit this is big"

Guilty_AI

The character design caught my eye; too bad though there's no console port as of yet. :lollipop_pensive:

That said, I've added it to my Steam wishlist and once I get a Steam Deck will pick it up there.
Console release is set to spring this year.

Tbh i'm not sure how much veteran JRPG-ers would like this. It's a fairly simple game all things considered, though admitedly that's what i like about it. No convoluted story-line too far up its own ass, nor overcomplicated battle-systems where you don't understand half of the things you're doing.

Last edited:

sigmaZ

That fact that Yakuza has less votes than Grandblue and Persona, makes me lose faith in this forum. Not even talking about Dragon's Dogma 2.
Indeed. Yakuza has one of the best stories out of any modern RPG I've played. The cutscene direction and dialog (at least in Japanese) rivals some anime and movies and the random banter can be hilarious and relatable af at times. I would love to see the next Persona game to have a city like this game to wonder around with mini-games and such.

Console release is set to spring this year.

Tbh i'm not sure how much veteran JRPG-ers would like this. It's a fairly simple game all things considered, though admitedly that's what i like about it. No convoluted story-line too far up its own ass, nor overcomplicated battle-systems where you don't understand half of the things you're doing.
I enjoy cozy/less complex JRPGs as well so this one should be right up my alley.

Will wait for the console release and pick it up on PS5.

Edit: Btw, I love the cover art for Witch Spring 3 so if they plan on doing a physical release for Witch Spring R hopefully it will be as pretty as this one. :p

WS3_MockUp_CE-Box_LE-NSW_3D.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom