• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Games in 2024

Celcius

°Temp. member
The PlayStation 4 released in 2013 and so far in 2024 it's still getting plenty of ports, for example:

Granblue Fantasy Relink
Yakuza Like a Dragon Infinite Wealth
Persona 3 Reload
Unicorn Overlord
etc...

We're also now in year 4 of the current gen PS5 life cycle. How much longer do you think cross gen will carry on this gen? What do you think are the chances that PS4 continues to receive significant/popular ports throughout the entire PS5 generation?
Are any of you still using the PS4 as your primary gaming console?

Last edited:

nial

Gold Member
It's mostly licensed stuff for children, sports titles, indies and Asian games for the PS4. AA and AAA Western devs have already abandoned the console.

near

Gold Member
I still game on mine and long may it continue. I was going to buy a PS5 when FFXVI launched, but ended up getting busy with work/life and haven't bothered to get one since. I don't think I'll upgrade to PS5 any time soon at this rate. I'll probably get Unicorn Overlord on PS4 as well. As long as my backlog exists, and new releases I want still continue coming out for PS4, I won't upgrade. FFXVI is coming to PC soon as well, I'm no longer in a fomo state to care about playing it right now. I actually think plenty of games will continue to release on PS4, it's platform that has a very active user base.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
I still primarily play on PS4, and haven't yet had a reason to pick up a PS5. When there's something on it I really want I'll make the switch, but for now I have a huge backlog, and a long list of upcoming releases that are still coming to the platform.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I think that was the case with PS2 and PS3, especially JP devs always support pervious systems.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
From the leaks we know that more gaming is (was at the time of the leak) done on the PS4 than the PS5. Even though a lot of those hours are probably on old games and budget conscious gamers it probably still makes sense to cater to them.

Last edited:

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
I think it will be able to run all the 2d indies coming out in the next 5 years. I occasionally play games on TV and I'm using Ps4 for that purpose. It's still alive due to the lack of next-gen games. It'll last for another 3 years(technically more than that), then PS6 will come anyway.

JimRyanGOAT

Covid really slowed things down

PS5 is a bigger leap on paper, but it still doesn't feel like it

Waiting on the PS5 Pro, things are starting to pick up

Last edited:

Fake

Still on PS4. Is a good console overall, but I still wish xmb from PS3 to be the main OS screen move foward.

Like a lot have said already, still lots of backlog on ps4. Was waiting for the new ps5 slim to upgrade but they dropped the ball with the remodel and I lost interest until ps5 pro maybe. I went with steamdeck instead and whenever I stop being infatuated with that, I'll return to ps4 chores.

BouncyFrag

PS4 is still a damned good console. These days I’ve barely any time for gaming so sticking my launch ps4 in a corner of the family room let’s me remote play it via psvita and it’s great.
IMG-5359.jpg

Papa_Wisdom

Still use my PS4 and see no reason to get a ps5, apart from steller blade but I can’t buy a console for just that. Hopefully of a pc port soon after.

I enjoy my PS4 apart from how loud it is. And still have plenty to play.

Top Bottom