• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Psychonauts 2 |OT| Mindraker

Dane

All 3 are going to be strong contenders for different reasons.
Doubt for Halo, it feels that 343i is oblivious to the XGS management and culture after getting rid of the mass corporatism from the late half of the xbox 360 and early Xone.

Last edited:
Hell of a start this generation for Xbox Game Studios.

Yep. It would seem that there is substance behind the thinking that Phil and company really wanted to increase the quality of their first party titles this generation.

So far, so good. If Forza 5 and Halo Infinite (slightly gimped as it will be) can deliver in the same way console Flight Sim and Psychonauts 2 have…then look out. For next year, I have this feeling that Starfield may be what propels Xbox into a position of legit competition against the PlayStation juggernaut.

Yep. It would seem that there is substance behind the thinking that Phil and company really wanted to increase the quality of their first party titles this generation.

So far, so good. If Forza 5 and Halo Infinite (slightly gimped as it will be) can deliver in the same way console Flight Sim and Psychonauts 2 have…then look out. For next year, I have this feeling that Starfield may be what propels Xbox into a position of legit competition against the PlayStation juggernaut.

That’s a good thing because if all platforms are on great form then we all benefit. Healthy competition is a good thing. It’s why I’ve been so critical of Xbox, I wanted them to improve and be the best it can.

Looking forward to getting my backer key on Steam tomorrow!
Just goes to show what a studio can do when given some financial support and time.
If only Microsoft had that kind of faith in Double Fine when they were making the first game... instead they canceled it and left DF to pick up the slack.

I guess we can consider this atonement for their past mistake. :p

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Looking forward to getting my backer key on Steam tomorrow!

If only Microsoft had that kind of faith in Double Fine when they were making the first game... instead they canceled it and left DF to pick up the slack.

I guess we can consider this atonement for their past mistake. :p
Yeah, they attoned by buying them and giving thema budget for sure. All's well that ends well.

I mean it still doesn’t. It’s also on PlayStation.

It's just a a great game that was nurtured by Xbox game studios though funding and support. I think series consoles are the only ones to have a next gen version?

I just hope everyone who is remotely interested plays it.

Concern

I mean it still doesn’t. It’s also on PlayStation.

Angry Tantrum GIF by The X Factor

Last edited:

Kimahri

Banned
It's an absolute masterpiece. That platforming is good, combat is okay, but it's te story that elevates this gem. It's just one of the greatestvideo game stories ever told, and I'm not exaggerating. It's a beautiful piece of work. The way this game makes you feel and understand what is going on is what video games as art is all about.

PSYGN

I'll probably get it for PC since I don't own an xbox yet, I'm guessing the graphics aren't updated for PS5?

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I'll probably get it for PC since I don't own an xbox yet, I'm guessing the graphics aren't updated for PS5?
The original Fig campaign guaranteed a PS4 copy.

We'll have to wait for graphical comparisons to see if there's any differences, but honestly there probably isn't much. I think Xbox has auto-HDR. Both probably 60 fps from what I heard, but we'll see. I'm just skimming stuff.

elliot5

We'll have to wait for graphical comparisons to see if there's any differences, but honestly there probably isn't much. I think Xbox has auto-HDR. Both probably 60 fps from what I heard, but we'll see. I'm just skimming stuff.
Analista has a vid up and there's no difference really outside of resolution it looks like. PC max settings have slightly better AF and draw distance on some small elements, but that's basically it. Framerate is stable across the board in all modes.

HDR is native HDR according to a tweet from some Double Fine person, not AutoHDR.

Kagey K

Banned

Looks like 4K/60 or 1440/120 on X and 1440/60 on PS5.

I've always tought "i'd rather believe that Psychonauts 2 and Forza Horizon 5 will be the year GOTYs than Halo Infinite" and it shows
Halo is halo , halo will release in 2021 ( I hope so ) but when it will be properly complete in a couple of sessons halo will be the goat of 2022

It's an absolute masterpiece. That platforming is good, combat is okay, but it's te story that elevates this gem. It's just one of the greatestvideo game stories ever told, and I'm not exaggerating. It's a beautiful piece of work. The way this game makes you feel and understand what is going on is what video games as art is all about.
Hype levels..
Rising.

Glad to see this turned out as well as I had hoped it would. I loved the first one which I only recently played on pc with some mods (widescreen and improved textures) I can’t wait to jump into this one.

Interfectum

How is the story if you haven't played the original? I've seen the recap but it didn't do much for me.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
How is the story if you haven't played the original? I've seen the recap but it didn't do much for me.
I haven't played part 2 yet. You could probably summarize the story of part 1 in two short paragraphs, technically. But you'd be missing all the fun and charm that establishes the characters. Most of them seem to be returning too.

I'm playing part 1 now for the first time and while it is an older game, personally I think it totally holds up and has been a lot of fun to play. It's 12-15 hrs so you can run through it pretty quick honestly.

I'm sure you can jump into part 2 without missing that much. But part 1 is a great game you'd be missing out on with lots of funny moments. It's on an extremely deep sale right now too (like $1 on xbox, not sure about other platforms).

Last edited:

Interfectum

I haven't played part 2 yet. You could probably summarize the story of part 1 in two short paragraphs, technically. But you'd be missing all the fun and charm that establishes the characters. Most of them seem to be returning too.

I'm playing part 1 now for the first time and while it is an older game, personally I think it totally holds up and has been a lot of fun to play. It's 12-15 hrs so you can run through it pretty quick honestly.

I'm sure you can jump into part 2 without missing that much. But part 1 is a great game you'd be missing out on with lots of funny moments. It's on an extremely deep sale right now too (like $1 on xbox, not sure about other platforms).
Shit... might as well snag off Game Pass and play the first one.

Oh... this is Xbox. Pre-achievements? :messenger_loudly_crying:

Last edited:

HotPocket69

Banned
So Playstation only has games... because Xbox gives to it?

This game has been in the making for almost ten years and MS bought Double Fine after they had already sworn on the shit covered Kickstarter bible to put it on more than one console. Get your facts straight, Dane.

Imagine having a username that immediately conjures up thoughts of Dane Cook

VA0Rv8u.png

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
This game has been in the making for almost ten years and MS bought Double Fine after they had already sworn on the shit covered Kickstarter bible to put it on more than one console. Get your facts straight, Dane.

Imagine having a username that immediately conjures up thoughts of Dane Cook

VA0Rv8u.png
pepe.jpg

It's gonna be okay ....

Droxcy

Definitely insta-copping.
Never played the first one though.
Is that a problem?
At the start of the game there’s a video that tells you what happened during the first one and the VR title which then drops you into the start of #2!

Top Bottom