• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Psychonauts 2 |OT| Mindraker

elliot5

Fucking super hyped after watching Ben Moore's review just there, was not expecting a 9.5, so excited now, the original is one of favs of all time. Only downer for me personally is I'm super skint right now and 55 quid is more than I've paid for a PC game in a long long while. Might just crack and buy it on credit or something stupid like that but I know I should just wait a few months like a real adult would¹

Anyone got hot steam key deals they can throw my way? No account selling bullshit though, just a proper key.

*desperation* @Karak I'll give you 3 hours of free TV advice in exchange for your review key if you got one and didn't give to a friend already, even if its just boring stuff like "what TV should I buy for my abuelita" I'll give you great advice.

¹ *hears ice cream van and runs outside like a real adult would*
There's always game pass for $1 or $9.99 to play it on a budget

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Reviews sound excellent, even better than I hoped. Neither shocked nor especially disappointed to hear there's still a little bit of clunkiness to the platforming but the stuff that matters all sounds amazing.

Kuranghi

There's always game pass for $1 or $9.99 to play it on a budget

Yeah ta I would but Windows Store is no go for me for technical reasons and I don't have an Xbox. Forced borderless fullscreen is terrible for me for various reasons and I'd rather not get excited to play and then have to put it down for those reasons even if theres a chance everything works fine.

I've bought The Ascent and Recompile day one recently and both have really annoying technical issues thats stopped me playing altogether so I'm especially burned with this problem recently and don't want to risk it when the game is looking so good. I was able to reduce the issues a bit by using external progs but they are still not in a state I'd want to play them in personally and if I have those same problems on Windows Store I can't apply any of theose fixes.

Do we know when previews/first looks can be published for this? I'd like to see a technical preview of the steam version to see how its running and such. Its running in UE4 so I'm not too worried about problems other engines often have thankfully and I can't wait to apply that sweet TAA and make it look sublime.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Wait is it going to Mac? Because I need to travel to the AMS for some business shit for few days and if there is a M1 version of that, I would rather play that. (aside from streaming on the phone). Not sure how is it in Netherlands with 5G...

hmm™

Fucking super hyped after watching Ben Moore's review just there, was not expecting a 9.5, so excited now, the original is one of favs of all time. Only downer for me personally is I'm super skint right now and 55 quid is more than I've paid for a PC game in a long long while. Might just crack and buy it on credit or something stupid like that but I know I should just wait a few months like a real adult would¹

Anyone got hot steam key deals they can throw my way? No account selling bullshit though, just a proper key.

*desperation* @Karak I'll give you 3 hours of free TV advice in exchange for your review key if you got one and didn't give to a friend already, even if its just boring stuff like "what TV should I buy for my abuelita" I'll give you great advice.

¹ *hears ice cream van and runs outside like a real adult would*
Don't take candies from strangers.

Last edited:

Greggy

Because it's "just" a (AA) multiplatform game. People here are much more excited about (AAA) exclusive games.
Hum.. don't know. The Ascent had a review thread and that was a studio's first game ever. As for multiplats with threads, we've seen many including Streets of Rage 4 (far from a AAA). Nah, that won't be it.

elliot5

Wait is it going to Mac? Because I need to travel to the AMS for some business shit for few days and if there is a M1 version of that, I would rather play that. (aside from streaming on the phone). Not sure how is it in Netherlands with 5G...

hmm™
It is going to Mac, but at a later date. Unknown when. There's always streaming on the mac with xCloud. My M1 runs xCloud very well

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
It is going to Mac, but at a later date. Unknown when. There's always streaming on the mac with xCloud. My M1 runs xCloud very well
Well mine too, I am just not sure about what connections I am going to get... Well never mind xCloud it is : )

elliot5

ElAnalistaDeBits (i know) put up a tech comparison and all version are very similar other than resolution, and all of them hold framerate very well even the 120 fps modes on X|S.

>1 min load times on last gen, ~7 seconds on X|S, 19 seconds on PS5

With a team this talented I would let them do what they want to do….if that happens to be The Simpsons, so be it!

It’s a new IP

Davey Cakes

I know this game didn't come out of nowhere, but it feels like it did. I have not been paying attention to it at all.

That said, it sounds utterly fantastic. I should really get back to the first one.

SF Kosmo

89 Open Critic holy fucking shit.

I’d said yesterday that this game is the first true indication of Microsoft’s hands off approach with acquisitions and that Double Fine needed to deliver. Fucking signed, sealed, delivered.
MS definitely saved this game from being a 7/10 that just needed another year in development to live up to its potential. Which is the kind of thing that has happened to more than few Double Fine releases over the years.

elliot5

Banjo64 Banjo64
unknown.png

It hit 89!

Kagey K

Banned
Goddamn tomorrow is going to be a good day, Gamescom conference to keep me entertained at work and then this to play shortly after I get home.

Wonderful to hear the sequel is a great follow up to one of the greatest games ever made.

Can't wait to get into even more hijinks with Raz.

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

Please break 90. Would be amazing for Tim and the team.
Yeah, I don't think they ever have. A lot of their games are charming and memorable games with middling review scores to be honest. Psychonauts 1 was the only time they've ever broken 85 on Metacritic (other than the Vita release of Broken Age, which only had 4 reviews).

Thirty7ven

Banned
Would love to read impressions from people who aren't fans of the original, as I'm one of them and don't wanna get myself into a "duh what did you expect" situation.

Dane

I've always tought "i'd rather believe that Psychonauts 2 and Forza Horizon 5 will be the year GOTYs than Halo Infinite" and it shows

Top Bottom