• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSA: Amazon is now taking orders for Metroid Prime Remaster again.

Don't let the filthy scalpers win.
go go go GIF

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
Uh....you can walk into a Target or WalMart and just buy it. For some reason it doesn't show up on their website as having stock, but the stores have it.

Ive never had that problem, been buying digital games since the 360 days. I can still boot up my wii u and 3ds and play those digital games as well.

I have a secondary Switch Lite that only allows digital games to be played via an internet check in, and when I take it with me outside the house, there's not always an internet connection available, so cartridges are a must for me.

SteadyEvo

40 dollars, i bought it on the eshop and can play whenever i want.
He’s talking about future resale value. That doesn’t exist on the eshop. Look at the price of older Wii and 3ds games and consoles. They appreciate in value over time.

Planning on getting a 2nd copy to keep sealed. Flip it in the future.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Don't bother. You're both talking to the guy who actively wants physical media to go away for everyone.

You're not, that's another guy.

Last edited:

Umbasaborne

Banned
He’s talking about future resale value. That doesn’t exist on the eshop. Look at the price of older Wii and 3ds games and consoles. They appreciate in value over time.

Planning on getting a 2nd copy to keep sealed. Flip it in the future.
I buy games for fun, not to resell or let sit on my shelf. I used to be like you, i used to buy a 2nd sealed copy of EVERY NINTENDO GAME. I got that out of my system when i realized just how much money i was wasting, and how incredibly short life is. I dont even have a guarantee that the games will be worth anything, especially with a digital market place. And even if they were, nintendo games were meant to be played and enjoyed. Id rather give them to kid who really wants to get into metroid but cant because the games not sold anymore. scalpers, and scalping culture are a blight, and i feel no sympathy for them.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Its true. I have a task force, and we are coming to your house to take your physical video games

Oh is it not you? There's some irredeemable loathsome cunt on this forum that's actively cheering the death of physical on, if it's not you then sorry, can't remember.

Edit: It's nightmare-slain, ignore me.

Last edited:
I dont understand the rush for this…its on the eshop, why trip over yourself for a plastic box?
i'd rather have it physical. no doubt it's already a collector's item and will always be hard to find. I don't always go for physical but for this I definitely would.

Last edited:
i'd rather have it physical. no doubt it's already a collector's item and will always be hard to find. I don't always go for physical but for this I definitely would.
mhm. A used copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy Collector's Edition is going for $250 bucks or so. A used copy of Metroid Prime 2 Echoes is going for $110.

It's weird how so many Japanese console games have become ultra rare over the past few generations even.

Last edited:

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
All my local stores were out of stock.
Likely, but don't rely on the websites or 'brickseek' for inventory confirmation like normal. They all will likely get more in this week.

I checked the websites and each stores (and called) the local Targets....and some had it and didn't show any stores at all having it. I then checked Walmart, and they also showed no inventory, but called my local one and they had then in stiock.....so bottom line is.....don't trust the websites. Some didn't even have a listing at all (Target)

It's seems very much in stock for UK websites.
Is there limited production or a special edition?
US folks could buy from UK eBay and try avoid import fees?

Deerock71

Ive never had that problem, been buying digital games since the 360 days. I can still boot up my wii u and 3ds and play those digital games as well.
That's the message that prompted me to buy a physical copy of Metroid Prime as soon as it was available. Now, I don't see it EVER.

Top Bottom