• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 was the UK's bestselling console for the first four months of the year

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member

Playstation Ps5 GIF

feynoob

Forum Opinion, narrative, and consensus: The PS5 is putting all of it's games on PC, it won't sell like hot cakes anymore!

Reality: It is almost outselling the competition combined.
The reality is that switch 2 is going to win it again at the end of this gen.

It's just letting everyone run super fast before it starts running.

That little shit is selling crazy even after these years. It's like it doesn't know when to end.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
The reality is that switch 2 is going to win it again at the end of this gen.

It's just letting everyone run super fast before it starts running.

That little shit is selling crazy even after these years. It's like it doesn't know when to end.

No doubt about it.

PlayStation is winning against an old Nintendo console that still sells amazingly well, and a weak Xbox.

Switch 2 will dominate if Nintendo doesn’t screw things up.

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
Nintendos should just keep release episodic contents to their killers apps like AC, Pok, MK8 and TOTK and the ting will never stops selling

Thats like 4 exclusive GTA's right there

oh-yeah-mrw.gif

Three

Sony is doing amazing this year...but I love how this guy turns positive nintendo news into being about Sony.

The guy doesn't ever hide his Sony bias.
For clarity I'm talking about the Chris dring fellow and not op...I'm not sure if the op is a Sony fan, but with that titles....

seth meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Dude just said PS5s reign is over with Switch at No.1 this month. How is that "Sony bias"? I would have just ignored the person pretending PS5s don't sell though but again at least he provided even more info.

Last edited:

Cyborg

It's sad people complain about PlayStation games to come but looking at the competition there is really nothing for the 2nd half of the year. And things that are coming need to deliver big time.
Yes, I know about Starfield.......imo you are better of playing it on PC.

TLZ

Banned
Sony is doing amazing this year...but I love how this guy turns positive nintendo news into being about Sony.

For clarity I'm talking about the Chris dring fellow and not op...I'm not sure if the op is a Sony fan, but with that titles....

LOL, OP… the news is that Switch is the best selling console of May 😅 We already know that PS5 was the best selling console for the first four months of the year.
The news is both PS5 number 1 for first 4 months and Switch number 1 in May. It doesn't have to be either or.

So calm your biased tits.

Woopah

The news is both PS5 number 1 for first 4 months and Switch number 1 in May. It doesn't have to be either or.

So calm your biased tits.
Switch being first in May is the actual new news. Ps5 winning April has been known for weeks https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/zelda-oled-boosted-uk-switch-sales-in-april-ps5-still-the-top-selling-console/#:~:text=Despite this boost in Switch,% compared to April 2022).
Yes, because the month of May is the superbowl. It's not that deep. It's like turning "Rams stop Bengals 6 game win streak" into some "Bengals bias".
There's nothing wrong with the tweets, it's the thread title and opening post which are very weird.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
So with that second tweet...........since we know Switch is selling well still, doesn't that mean the Xbox Series consoles are just selling like super poop in the UK now?

twilo99

So with that second tweet...........since we know Switch is selling well still, doesn't that mean the Xbox Series consoles are just selling like super poop in the UK now?

Xbox is absolutely destroying everyone in the cloud gaming space tho so it’s oke

Woopah

People were acting like PS4 was new and foolishly like it wasn't natural PS4 would be in decline.
Maybe there were some messages I missed, but I definitely don't remember most people being surpsied by Switch selling the most that year. I just went back and looked throuhg a couple of sales threads here and that was the consensus.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
So basically Sony is practically saving gaming right now. You remove the PS5 from the eco system and sales are dismal.

No wonder they are acting complacent and putting on abysmal showcases.

Unknown?

Maybe there were some messages I missed, but I definitely don't remember most people being surpsied by Switch selling the most that year. I just went back and looked throuhg a couple of sales threads here and that was the consensus.
They weren't surprised it sold more, they acted like PS4 declining had something due to the Switch. Here we have people saying the decline is normal but for the PS4 it wasn't, it was because of the Switch.

Woopah

They weren't surprised it sold more, they acted like PS4 declining had something due to the Switch. Here we have people saying the decline is normal but for the PS4 it wasn't, it was because of the Switch.
Where did you see that? Again I went back to look through some 2020 neogaf sales threads (some of which we were both in!) and that was not the prevailing consensus at all. People lknew that the PS4 was going to be replaced later in the year.

MrA

Where did you see that? Again I went back to look through some 2020 neogaf sales threads (some of which we were both in!) and that was not the prevailing consensus at all. People lknew that the PS4 was going to be replaced later in the year.
yeah, but those were a bit more fun as it hadBodomism and ethomaz acting like crazy people at each other,

I know I attributed the ps4 collapse in 2020 to sony choosing the limited manufacturing to ps5 over ps4 as I thought the ps4 still had a decent amount of steam left in it, but I also said they made the right call.
I also remember people annoyed and adamant I was wrong that the demand for ps5 isn't terribly different than the ps4, which given the ps5 dropped from the amazing february and march to good, but not record-breaking April and May, I will also believe sony is going to drop the ps5 shipment for this year to about 22 million or so unless they heavily channel stuff (which is still excellent but hitting 25 million require something crazy like the covid switch spike or the wii and ds height of fad demand)
sure there were a few looney tunes that insisted either the switch or ps5 was floptacular and soon to fall off a cliff but fanboys gonna fanboy regardless of console affiliation

Topher

Gold Member

You can't be serious.

Sylvester Stallone Facepalm GIF

Switch being first in May is the actual new news. Ps5 winning April has been known for weeks https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/zelda-oled-boosted-uk-switch-sales-in-april-ps5-still-the-top-selling-console/#:~:text=Despite this boost in Switch,% compared to April 2022).

There's nothing wrong with the tweets, it's the thread title and opening post which are very weird.

point pointing GIF by Shalita Grant

Last edited:

Woopah

yeah, but those were a bit more fun as it hadBodomism and ethomaz acting like crazy people at each other,

I know I attributed the ps4 collapse in 2020 to sony choosing the limited manufacturing to ps5 over ps4 as I thought the ps4 still had a decent amount of steam left in it, but I also said they made the right call.
I also remember people annoyed and adamant I was wrong that the demand for ps5 isn't terribly different than the ps4, which given the ps5 dropped from the amazing february and march to good, but not record-breaking April and May, I will also believe sony is going to drop the ps5 shipment for this year to about 22 million or so unless they heavily channel stuff (which is still excellent but hitting 25 million require something crazy like the covid switch spike or the wii and ds height of fad demand)
sure there were a few looney tunes that insisted either the switch or ps5 was floptacular and soon to fall off a cliff but fanboys gonna fanboy regardless of console affiliation
Sales threads just aren't the same without them!
Yeah, everyone knows, what REALLY matters is who wins the month of May. /s
If you make a thread from a tweet announcing May data, your thread title should be about the May data.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Anywhere: Switch takes over sales lead for May in UK
GAF: PS5 was the UK's bestselling console for the first four months of the year

Whatever helps you cope with bad Playstation Showcase, I guess.

Top Bottom