• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Performance King Meme Thread | Meme Has No Limits

INC

I'm disappointed with my PS5 though. Most powerful or not. Build quality is cheap, I have to keep selecting PS5 version from a drop down menu to play PS5 versions of games. The back compat gimped all my PS4 Pro games to base PS4 versions... Which o can't even play now because the external drive keeps crashing the console. I feel robbed. Also I'm seeing a ton of screen tearing in Valhalla... I get that it's the lead Sku because of PS4... But I dunno it feels somewhat under baked... The Activity cards and UI looks great but apart from Spiderman and Sack boy they just load me as if i booted normally. Hopefully things will improve. Xbox also needs to fix Quick Resume and get there UI to be HDR but that's another story. So far Xbox Series X has been a far reliable and complete console despite a failed launch with no Halo.

4Bst0lN.png

Caio

It would be even more interesting to see which Game on PC can match God of War II graphics, 'cause the Demo is basicly ready to be shown. Benchmarks on multiplat games is not the whole story. Let Naughty Dog, Santa Monica, GG, Insomniac, etc show what PS5 is really capable of. They are the ones who can do the best use of all PS5 customizations, developing exclusively for it. Assassin Creed is not even scratching the surface of PS5 capabilities. Mark my words.

PUNKem733

It would be even more interesting to see which Game on PC can match God of War II graphics, 'cause the Demo is basicly ready to be shown. Benchmarks on multiplat games is not the whole story. Let Naughty Dog, Santa Monica, GG, Insomniac, etc show what PS5 is really capable of. They are the ones who can do the best use of all PS5 customizations, developing exclusively for it. Assassin Creed is not even scratching the surface of PS5 capabilities. Mark my words.

What's this about a god of war ragnorak demo being ready?

AlexxKidd

I'm disappointed with my PS5 though. Most powerful or not. Build quality is cheap, I have to keep selecting PS5 version from a drop down menu to play PS5 versions of games. The back compat gimped all my PS4 Pro games to base PS4 versions... Which o can't even play now because the external drive keeps crashing the console. I feel robbed. Also I'm seeing a ton of screen tearing in Valhalla... I get that it's the lead Sku because of PS4... But I dunno it feels somewhat under baked... The Activity cards and UI looks great but apart from Spiderman and Sack boy they just load me as if i booted normally. Hopefully things will improve. Xbox also needs to fix Quick Resume and get there UI to be HDR but that's another story. So far Xbox Series X has been a far reliable and complete console despite a failed launch with no Halo.

tenor.gif

bitbydeath

This sounds made up.
-Build quality is far from cheap.
-You’d only need to pick between PS4 and PS5 versions if both are installed.
-BC uses PS4 Pro if it exists.
-External drive crashing would be an external drive issue (if that story wasn’t also made up.)
-Activity cards are dependent on developer implementation such as Rainbow Six Siege allowing you to jump right into a match from the OS.

Kumomeme

I m starting to believe that ms really designed xsx to be dual purpose for azure and console. Hence more compute and lower clock (heat issue in the racks). So his hands were kind of tight in his choices .u have to make some sacrifices when u make an apu dual use.on the other hand cerny focused on removing potential bottle necks and using rdna2 high clock to its benefit. So he decided to go turbo V6 vs V8 in auto terms haha
so if this is true then..

2013 Xbox One: living room entertaiment device
2020 Xbox Series X : dual purpose server rack unit.

meanwhile Sony and Nintendo always focus on videogame console foremost.
sigh...they never learn isnt it?

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned

ROFL:lollipop_tears_of_joy: Guys don't forget to contribute in the main meme thread, also support each other ;)

WildBoy

This sounds made up.
-Build quality is far from cheap.
-You’d only need to pick between PS4 and PS5 versions if both are installed.
-BC uses PS4 Pro if it exists.
-External drive crashing would be an external drive issue (if that story wasn’t also made up.)
-Activity cards are dependent on developer implementation such as Rainbow Six Siege allowing you to jump right into a match from the OS.

I assure you none of this is made up dude. Don't bury your head in the sand.

- Last of us 2 definitely isn't the pro version. Nor is Assassins Creed Odyssey etc

- I have a Western Digital 4TB.

Ok that's enough. Il leave the thread now.

Enjoy the memes.

hyHVWcx.jpg

Last edited:

regawdless

Banned
All the Xbox ads that i see are for Gamepass, nothing on the consoles themselves. I say that is a self inflicted wound.

I mean honestly, what else to advertise. The exclusives? PS5 digital is 100 bucks cheaper than Series X while having slightly better gaming performance so far. Game Pass is the only thing they have. The shitty confusing naming doesn't help either.

Aceofspades

Banned

Best meme on this thread 🤣

WildBoy

hah, me neither. kinda sorry i mossed out on this launch.

It's not.
I mean honestly, what else to advertise. The exclusives? PS5 digital is 100 bucks cheaper than Series X while having slightly better gaming performance so far. Game Pass is the only thing they have. The shitty confusing naming doesn't help either.

Gamepass is a great thing to have. It's might be because my group range for 26 to 36 but we genuinely don't need to play the newest thing all the time and post it on social media. Having choice is a good thing and gamepass continues to keep me on my Xbox more which is something I would not have predicted given my playstation history.

Cato

Banned
It's not.

Gamepass is a great thing to have. It's might be because my group range for 26 to 36 but we genuinely don't need to play the newest thing all the time and post it on social media. Having choice is a good thing and gamepass continues to keep me on my Xbox more which is something I would not have predicted given my playstation history.

If choice for older games is your thing, why not try PSNow? It has even more games. A lot more even.
You will have even more choice on what to play!

Last edited:

regawdless

Banned
It's not.

Thanks for defending GamePass despite me not even criticizing it.

I assure you none of this is made up dude. Don't bury your head in the sand.

- Last of us 2 definitely isn't the pro version. Nor is Assassins Creed Odyssey etc

- I have a Western Digital 4TB.

Ok that's enough. Il leave the thread now.

Enjoy the memes.

hyHVWcx.jpg
There's been more than enough analysis done on PS5 BC, including both those games, to know rhat they should be performing far better than the PS4Pro versions.

Either you've set your system up wrong somehow, or it's defective and you need to get a replacement sent out pronto.

I mean with a post history like your its very difficult to take your word on ps5 seriously.

QIXYI7P.jpg

So yea you are not fooling anyone. With that type of mentality and post history (many more examples are there )even if ps5 gave you 2 kg of gold per day you would still be disappointed with it 😅😅

I get it . Its hard for you guys who bragged about power of xsx so much to be punched in the gut by reality this hard but u will get through it ❤😅

WildBoy WildBoy reading this thread:

😅😅

Vv3PkeC.png

Last edited:
images

WildBoy

If choice for older games is your thing, why not try PSNow? It has even more games. A lot more even.
You will have even more choice on what to play!

Most are not in 4k and majority are single player or multiplayer. Coop games is where Xbox truly shines. It's a shame Sony don't make as many online coop games. Hope that changes for PS5. PSnow is not a gamepass equivalent though. The BC on Xbox is your saves from years ago in the cloud, the Xbox dashboard for easy invites etc. And in terms of newish games it doesn't have first party supported content day 1.... Yet. I imagine Sony will introduce their own gamepass where you get 40 percent of day 1 purchases in first
I mean with a post history like your its very difficult to take your word on ps5 seriously.

QIXYI7P.jpg

So yea you are not fooling anyone. With that type of mentality and post history (many more examples are there )even if ps5 gave you 2 kg of gold per day you would still be disappointed with it 😅😅

I get it . Its hard for you guys who bragged about power of xsx so much to be punched in the gut by reality this hard but u will get through it ❤😅

WildBoy WildBoy reading this thread:

😅😅

Vv3PkeC.png
Tbf I haven't been posting here long. I know I can't even take it seriously myself... I don't know how you all can. Gamepass has been my 180 heel turn. Lol It's definitely blind sided me. But I'm passionate about what I like as all of you are. Appreciate the feedback. Though finishing Astrobot last night was like getting smashed in the face with nostalgia for a brand I didn't know I had. Outstanding work.

Most are not in 4k and majority are single player or multiplayer. Coop games is where Xbox truly shines. It's a shame Sony don't make as many online coop games. Hope that changes for PS5. PSnow is not a gamepass equivalent though. The BC on Xbox is your saves from years ago in the cloud, the Xbox dashboard for easy invites etc. And in terms of newish games it doesn't have first party supported content day 1.... Yet. I imagine Sony will introduce their own gamepass where you get 40 percent of day 1 purchases in first

Tbf I haven't been posting here long. I know I can't even take it seriously myself... I don't know how you all can. Gamepass has been my 180 heel turn. Lol It's definitely blind sided me. But I'm passionate about what I like as all of you are. Appreciate the feedback. Though finishing Astrobot last night was like getting smashed in the face with nostalgia for a brand I didn't know I had. Outstanding work.
Cool story . Its ok to like xbox and get upset when ps5 does better than it. Its understandable. now back on topic. This is a meme thread 👌👍

50c.png

Why are you having a meltdown in a meme thread? Settle down and enjoy the memes bro.

Last edited:

WildBoy

There's been more than enough analysis done on PS5 BC, including both those games, to know that they should be performing far better than the PS4Pro versions.

Either you've set your system up wrong somehow, or it's defective and you need to get a replacement sent out pronto.

What games have you tested personally on the PS5?

Top Bottom