• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 - New Demon Souls Screenshots

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Have you seen the latest Godfall gameplay? The game looks really good now.

Demon's Souls is my most anticipated game in the last 20 years.

Spider-Man is big. You can try to call it DLC all you want, but it's not. It is still a full stand-alone game and it will be a huge hit.

Destruction All-Stars.

Sackboy's gameplay trailer also looks like it will be a fun 3D platformer.

I don't know what to think about Astro's Playroom, but if it's 10% as good as Astrobot, it will be something special.

From Sony directly:
"You’ll experience a full story arc with Miles, one that’s more akin to a game like Uncharted: The Lost Legacy in terms of overall scope."

So basically, 7-10 hours, it's an add on, as was Lost Legacy.

I'll take a look at Godfall.......
Destruction? Who knows....could be good or bad......

Just saying Demon Souls, an add on, etc, not a strong line up. I'm still buying a PS5, and a Series X at launch. But both have weak lineups of first party games as far as I am concerned.
Some have said Sony's lineup is much better vs Xbox, while that may be true, comparing crap to crap is still bad. If Xbox is non existent, and sony is 2/10, it's 200% better, but it's still bad.
Either way, I'm in it for the long haul.

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
The original one is quite bad by today's' gaming standards. This is coming from someone who can beat it without glitching in under 3 hours. I recently did a playthrough on PC with PS3 Emulator. Rose-tinted glasses and gamers, name a more iconic duo.
So whats your point by coming here?

Trying to shit on everyone who interested in this game?

Trying to make a statement or something?

Last edited:

iHaunter

So whats your point by coming here?

Trying to shit on everyone who interested in this game?

Trying to make a statement or something?

What're you talking about dude. I'm talking about the PS3 version. I got a new 8K TV so I can play the Remake in full form...

The gameplay is still superb, in fact many modern games regress rather than progress gameplay wise I feel

In terms of atmosphere it's by far my favorite Souls game, in terms of gameplay it's the worst. Which is fine, it was the first one.

Last edited:

Ar¢tos

I think the tendencies are probably getting altered, or going straight out the window. It was never implemented well, and is entirely unnecessary for a great Souls game experience. They dropped it from DS and never went back to it. Can easily see BP losing it for the remake.
The tendency system is quite simple and takes less 5 minutes to learn, there is no need to change it, just explain it, which the original never did. The problem with the tendency was that the EU/US servers were messed up and it was hard to shift them towards pure white or black. A simple fix is to not have a global server tendency but per character world tendency.
Removing the tendencies would require massive changes to loot, NPCs, side quests, named BPs locations, etc.
I much prefer the tendency system to Covenants, since tendencies allowed to do much more without the need for covenant NPC or offerings.

With tendencies you can control loot frequency and quality, game difficulty, open new areas and get new sidequests.

dcx4610

Never played a Souls game and this would be a good time to try but having to do the same thing over and over again is my pet peeve in gaming.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
lol gonna put this annoying troll on ignore cos i just know when im playing this awesome remake with great graphics and great controls this moron will still be bitching about the bad controls on a 10+ year old game. "Why people want to play a 10 year old game durrrr???"

not even going to waste my time. you are calling people idiots and "fetishists" (???). like who the heck are you? wow you played the original game here is a hipster cookie you obnoxious tool.

Last edited:

pawel86ck

Banned
It's clearly 1440p upscaled. Game still looks amazing though.

42vRMqL.jpg

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Best looking launch game ever...

This really is the reason why people are pissing on this game.

There quite simply is no other next gen launch game that looks this good from the footage we’ve had released to us. None. Zero.

It’s why we’ve had the whinging posts about easy modes (because people really want to play it, but don’t want a challenge), and it’s why we’re getting all the disingenuous ‘but it’s only a remaster’ bullshit as well.

It’s also why suddenly Souls games are ‘niche’ and not all that popular - despite selling nearly forty million.

When something looks this good, some people can’t just acknowledge it. They have to nitpick, because it’s either not on their chosen console, or it’s a game they think they won’t be able to play.

kyoji

This really is the reason why people are pissing on this game.

There quite simply is no other next gen launch game that looks this good from the footage we’ve had released to us. None. Zero.

It’s why we’ve had the whinging posts about easy modes (because people really want to play it, but don’t want a challenge), and it’s why we’re getting all the disingenuous ‘but it’s only a remaster’ bullshit as well.

It’s also why suddenly Souls games are ‘niche’ and not all that popular - despite selling nearly forty million.

When something looks this good, some people can’t just acknowledge it. They have to nitpick, because it’s either not on their chosen console, or it’s a game they think they won’t be able to play.
☝️

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
The original one is quite bad by today's' gaming standards. This is coming from someone who can beat it without glitching in under 3 hours. I recently did a playthrough on PC with PS3 Emulator. Rose-tinted glasses and gamers, name a more iconic duo.
Thats your wrong opinion. I am extremely impressed by how well the original game has held up. Equipment burden is really the only thing I'd like to see fixed.

//DEVIL//

Shadow of the colossuses was the best looking PS4 game. knowing these developers. I do not expect the PS5 games to look better in the future.

I could be wrong . this could be a bit rushed so it can meet the PS5 release date and there is a chance it could have looked better given more time.

Not saying this is not impressive. Its probably the best looking next gen game i have seen so far.

Hope I am wrong in the graphics

Dev1lXYZ

The reason I would get a PS5 is this game. Unfortunately, since I was one of the unlucky thousands that wasn’t able to get a PS5 at launch it’ll have to wait until next year sometime. Hopefully more games will be out that I’m interested in at that time.

Last edited:
Good sir, "today's gaming standards" are a JOKE. DS is a better game than 99% of today's games! truthfully speaking, games stopped being about gameplay and uniqueness after 2012.; now its just about good textures and models, token characters and stories tailor made not to upset investors/ dominant political philosophy. So, with all its clunkiness and rough gameplay, its much more of a videogame than the ones we have today.

Last edited:

S0ULZB0URNE

Fucking millennials

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Anyone know if they have made any changes to the game, quality of life types stuff that the newer souls games have?

It's not going to have RT enabled when it runs at 60FPS. The two modes will give different performance metrics.
It has RT in this video, shadows and reflections are ray-traced. 1440p-60fps, 2160p-30fps, all with RT. They won't do shadow maps in game that supposed to use RT from the beginning.

VFXVeteran

Banned
It has RT in this video, shadows and reflections are ray-traced. 1440p-60fps, 2160p-30fps, all with RT. They won't do shadow maps in game that supposed to use RT from the beginning.

There is no proof or verification that there is RT in that gameplay demo. Not sure why you guys are deciding among yourselves to judge that with no experience as to how it works or played games with it on.

NT80

In terms of atmosphere it's by far my favorite Souls game, in terms of gameplay it's the worst. Which is fine, it was the first one.
I agree it has the worst gameplay in the series. It was good for it's time but now would feel very limited after the From games that came after it. If it doesn't have significant additions it'll be a let down for me.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I can't wait to see how many players run the game in performance vs. visual mode.

I am hoping that the vast majority of gamers will choose performance so that developers will put more emphasis on high framerates.

There is no proof or verification that there is RT in that gameplay demo. Not sure why you guys are deciding among yourselves to judge that with no experience as to how it works or played games with it on.
Are you kidding? Look at those shadows - there is noise which you can see in all ray-traced games. Look more carefully. I know DF are blind nowdays, but you are VFXveteran :)

Edit: Look at the picture. This how ray-traced soft shadows looks like:

XE2knRb.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom