• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 - New Demon Souls Screenshots

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I really like the idea that you can create different character builds to make the game slightly easier as well. I know what I'm like though, I love me some melee combat, so I may try to avoid using too much magic for as long as possible.

Same here, I think magic in Souls is boring as hell, but the spell I mentioned is just a crutch until you get your sword, then you can start slashing.

My only gripes about demon's is that I think they should have animated the clothing of the main character a bit. I know it's subtle, but seeing static clothing is a personal pet peeve annoyance for me.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
How about not to tell people what they should do? :messenger_sunglasses:
We all know it's not a new game. Still it's worth every $ just for the graphics.

People are going to do what they're going to do, but I think they should know that they're supporting a horrible industry practice that holds us back.

Publishers should fund new, creative IP 100/100 times over soulless cash grab remakes like this. We're not advancing to the Ready Player One future by supporting these types of cancerous games.

In other words...

tenor.gif

R6Rider

Gold Member
22 more freaking days. I just hope Amazon can come through on release day or shortly after.

Amazon has been dropping the ball this whole year for me. I've gotten nearly every game days after the estimated shipping. They don't even let you know ahead of time and give an update the day of.

I'm really more concerned for Amazon delivering CP2077 as I plan to use a vacation day for that.

Ar¢tos

People are going to do what they're going to do, but I think they should know that they're supporting a horrible industry practice that holds us back.

Publishers should fund new, creative IP 100/100 times over soulless cash grab remakes like this. We're not advancing to the Ready Player One future by supporting these types of cancerous games.

In other words...

tenor.gif
New creative IPs that end up being unimaginative always online incomplete Gaas BS?
So a studio dedicated to remasters/remakes now has to be forced to make new IPs against their will because YOU don't like remakes?
Don't like it? Don't buy it!

Paasei

Can't wait to give the OG a try. Bloodborne was my introduction to the games by FromSoftware and been a fan ever since. Still never played this one, so it will be a good time to start with it on PS5.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
New creative IPs that end up being unimaginative always online incomplete Gaas BS?
So a studio dedicated to remasters/remakes now has to be forced to make new IPs against their will because YOU don't like remakes?
Don't like it? Don't buy it!

Don't shoot the messenger. I just speak the truth.

This Demon's Souls Remake represents the absolute worst of the industry. A $70 single player game that 75 percent of it's players won't even have the interest to beat. "Give us your money up front, we don't care what you do once we have it". Soulless gameplay that skates on shiney new graphics alone. It's awful any which way you look at it. Sony should not be rewarded for this kind of behavior. You're all enablers.

If any of you cowards complain about the lack of creativity in the industry henceforth, you only have yourselves to blame!

Huzza!!

fY8otgV.gif

kingkenny76

In other words...

tenor.gif

Ar¢tos

This Demon's Souls Remake represents the absolute worst of the industry. A $70 single player game that 75 percent of it's players won't even have the interest to beat. "Give us your money up front, we don't care what you do once we have it". Soulless gameplay that skates on shiney new graphics alone. It's awful any which way you look at it. Sony should not be rewarded for this kind of behavior. You're all enablers.

If any of you cowards complain about the lack of creativity in the industry henceforth, you only have yourselves to blame!

Huzza!!

fY8otgV.gif
The sales numbers of good remasters/remakes say otherwise.
Your opinion =/= truth

Creativity and innovation very rarely come from AAA games/studios. They come from indies and AAA copy them when they see it works.

Nickolaidas

In other words...

tenor.gif
Hah. You said soulless.

But in all seriousness, shut the fuck up. Remakes are awesome and are an amazing way of keeping a good game up-to-date and making it even better. I love remakes, especially of old games because I can see way better the potential the game had without being hampered by the technological handicaps of the hardware it had back then.

I loved the Shadow of the Beast remake, Resident Evil Rmake 1-3.

And with your way of thinking I would never get

Final

Fucking

Fantasy

VII

Remake.

So yeah ... shut the fuck up, once more.

Pretty please?

Last edited:

MrS

Banned

People have wanted this game to be remade for ages though. The audience for Souls games is much, much bigger now than when DeSo launched. I know you're trolling but the least you could do is put a bit more effort in.

Last edited:

Umbral

It's a fine game. But after 3 Dark Souls, a Bloodborne, and a Sekiro...the gameplay is stale AF.

Putting 80 human developers on this for 3+ years should be a damn crime.

Let them fly.
It’s what Bluepoint does. They are the masters of the remaster/remake. It’s their niche. It’s their market.

If it was From Software remaking it, I’d be with you, but From refuses to revisit their old work, which sounds exactly like the kind of mentality you want from developers. There’s no shortage of game developers with deep pockets playing it safe with new IP’s and games.

Let Bluepoint be Bluepoint.

Umbral

Huzza!!

Go yell at Ubisoft, or most other developers. Hell, put all their names on a wall and throw a fucking dart and you’re gonna hit creatively bankrupt or safe and sanitized, commodified dreck.

dyergram

Yeah the summons sound like a lot of fun and the online elements are really appealing to me. Hopefully I get good enough to be able to take on and defeat other invaders as well as I hear that's a thing later on in the game?

Whenever you summon help you open yourself up to invasions which normally means your with an ally. It’s really good fun to hide around a corner and kill an invader tbh.

JimiNutz

Banned
Whenever you summon help you open yourself up to invasions which normally means your with an ally. It’s really good fun to hide around a corner and kill an invader tbh.

Yeah that's sounds hilarious.
When you kill an invader do you get any kind of reward?

I get your point. Of course new games are great, but there is a demand for remakes.
There are still way to many games we wanted to be remade. (souls-like Symphony of the Night, Super Metroid, Soul Reaver...)

iHaunter

Hah. You said soulless.

But in all seriousness, shut the fuck up. Remakes are awesome and are an amazing way of keeping a good game up-to-date and making it even better. I love remakes, especially of old games because I can see way better the potential the game had without being hampered by the technological handicaps of the hardware it had back then.

I loved the Shadow of the Beast remake, Resident Evil Rmake 1-3.

And with your way of thinking I would never get

Final

Fucking

Fantasy

VII

Remake.

So yeah ... shut the fuck up, once more.

Pretty please?
hbqiS6U4Jtvc2pVzpFj4ck.jpg

carlosrox

Banned
What's up with that helmet screenshot?

Is it just me or does it look obviously better than everything else?

And what is this, just on the ground somewhere?

Yoboman

What's up with that helmet screenshot?

Is it just me or does it look obviously better than everything else?

And what is this, just on the ground somewhere?
Im betting it's the main menu screen or something along those lines. Not a representation of the ingame visuals

Vawn

Banned

In other words...

tenor.gif

Speak for yourself. There is not a game I want more than Demon's Souls Remake - new IP, sequel or otherwise.

Telling people that buy complete remakes like this, Resident Evil 2 and 3 or Final Fantasy VII that they are supporting "horrible industry practices" is just ignorant AF.

Last edited:
Years later isn't the same thing nor would it hurt PS5 sales.

Years later probably wouldn’t hurt, but if Sony decides to release games on day one(which I doubt they will do) or at a faster rate, I feel that would hurt them because PC gamers will wait instead of buying a PS5.

Last edited:
Yeah that's sounds hilarious.
When you kill an invader do you get any kind of reward?

Also have to add that players can leave notes on the floor called bloodstone messages in their world, which you then can see in your world.

Some messages are pranks. Some are just hillarious and many are very helpful.

You can also see 'ghosts' of other players sometimes appear in white when your playing for a few seconds, when this happens your literally seeing another player playing at that moment. The red ghosts are ones that died previously and you can see sort of what happened to them.

It's a great feeling of feeling connected but utterly isolated all at the same time.

Top Bottom