• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 is 7% above PS4 and 66% above PS3 in unit sales in the US

It's also ahead in Japan and was just eeked out by the PS4 in the UK last month.

It's obvious Sony focused on areas where they weren't as strong in the previous generation, knowing that Europe would come home to roost easily later in the generation.

You have the same people playing the same games in Europe EA FC, they're just playing it on PS4. As soon as the PS4 is dropped as a model of support PS5 sales will spike in Europe.

I personally want Playstation to release all their games day and date on PC, but their ecosystem is still incredibly strong. The PS4 at this same time period was 200$ less than PS5. Not to mention, GTA 6 next year will generate crazy console sales

Last edited:

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
I personally want Playstation to release all their games day and date on PC, but their ecosystem is still incredibly strong. The PS4 at this same time period was 200$ less than PS5. Not to mention, GTA 6 next year will generate crazy console sales
I think apart from GaaS the smart move would probably be for them to keep 6-12 month exclusivity for single player games on PS, this way they can ensure it is polished and somewhat control the marketing cycle without the volatility of steam reviews fucking them up for some random reason.

I think apart from GaaS the smart move would probably be for them to keep 6-12 month exclusivity for single player games on PS, this way they can ensure it is polished and somewhat control the marketing cycle without the volatility of steam reviews fucking them up for some random reason.

They'll see how Until Dawn fares this year. Not a perfect experiment, but it'll give them more data points.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Breaking Bad Train GIF

Reactions: XXL
Outside of reporting on Xbox rumors, the guy is a fucking clown.

Hardcore Xbox fanboys (in general) have a weird agenda of distorting reality to make their own reality seem better.

It's caused a ton of problems for the ecosystem (it destroyed it) and they still don't seem to be learning from it.
Double down is the name of the game

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
Outside of reporting on Xbox rumors, the guy is a fucking clown.

Hardcore Xbox fanboys (in general) have a weird agenda of distorting reality to make their own reality seem better.

It's caused a ton of problems for the ecosystem (it destroyed it) and they still don't seem to be learning from it.

The funniest shill has to be Coalteastwood

The day Activision got bought he proclaimed the console war was now over

Technically, now that MS is third party he was actually right…just not in the way he thought :LOL:

XXL

Well with steam deck and everyone having PC's these days, not much of a reason to own a PS5. An exclusive per year isnt going to sell consoles lmao.
Wrong thread.

Go live in fantasy land here.

Pedro Motta

The funniest shill has to be Coalteastwood

The day Activision got bought he proclaimed the console war was now over

Technically, now that MS is third party he was actually right…just not in the way he thought :LOL:
But ColtEastwood is a clown and no one takes him seriously. Tom Warren is senior editor at The Verge, way more dangerous and weird how blatantly obvious he is.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Anything can happen with the ps5 its sales continue to be a very water cooler topic it didn’t outsell the ps2? Get over it. I said it before the ps5 is 2-3 exclusives from being a really great console.

XXL

Anything can happen with the ps5 its sales continue to be a very water cooler topic it didn’t outsell the ps2? Get over it. I said it before the ps5 is 2-3 exclusives from being a really great console.
In my opinion, GTA VI is going to make PS5 console sales explode as it's basically an (unofficial) exclusive at this point.

I think everyone is severely underestimating the potential impact it will have.

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
In my opinion, GTA VI is going to make PS5 console sales explode as it's basically an (unofficial) exclusive at this point.

I think everyone is severely underestimating the potential impact it will have.

Yeah Matt Pigsatella is claiming ps5 is peaking a bit too early to call

GTA6 + price drop would sell boatloads

Reactions: XXL

GHG

Gold Member

Time to witness the duality of man in some individuals:

I demand to know who this was:

Xbox Series X/S is at over 12M in 13 1/2 months and should hit 50M in half the time it took Xbox One to hit 50M. Massive improvements compared to 2013 and excluding the horrible decision to try and raise the price of Gold, no major fuck ups thus far.

Last edited:

Killjoy-NL

Talk about being out of touch. And it wasn't even hard to predict the current situation.

The writing was on the wall since the XBO announcement.

XXL

Crazy. I've been going back and reading old threads regarding GamePass lately and some of the takes are super embarrassing. Like this one.

Top Bottom