• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Dualsense What To Expect From That “ Sense “ Touch And “ Create “ button

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
diq51pN.jpg

iU5TDxD.jpg

So Gaf .. After looking at the new Dualsense controller of PS5 for some time .. I’d like to suggest some features that may could be there and please don’t take it seriously I’m just trying hard to hit at least one ..

so let’s hit the road :

• Raise to Wake ( no need to push any button to start the controller , only while the console is on ) ..

• No vibration anymore but it will be
Vib-sense you will feel the explosion but the bar will light red and the buttons goes same color and you will feel a vibration in the lowest Degree ..

• small window screen for the battery percentage in the back ( as indicator for the battery life ) ..

• the light bar can be stopped form setting but every game using a new feature related to that light bar will notification you to either activate it or just let it be if you are not interested in that

• adjustable analogs ..

• I’d like to think that there is a feature related to the console “ standby mode “ .. as a gesture in the controller you did and it will go standby mode .. as a quick new way

• reachable voice command ( while in standby mode ) not related to controller but here I said it

• that create button will add the opportunity to comment over your clips without going to another app to edit .. beside other edit choices .. and you can add your clips to one of the categories.. one of them will be “ hand to the community “ here can help other players in a specific game for example puzzles or a boss you don’t know how to kill .. here you will look for the game you want and see many clips from other players

and that’s it for me ..

that’s my imagination for the Dualsense and ps5 .. what do you think ?

Fake

I have a simple guess of what the 'create' button works. Just look at guys like SunhiLegend or even the God of War official twitter profile get attention just by create fast gifs or memes. Those things get loads of popularity and farm PR.

The problem is: As mention by SunhiLegend himself, he spend loads of hours trying to get the best angle and after make the video capture, he export to his PC and them use some video software for apply certains video compression, desaturation, etc... Until at the end fit the twitter gif size.
Is guess the Create is a heavily way of editing video for a more friendly user application, making memes, gifs, custom edits, heavy edits, add video inside other video, etc... for those who don't have experience with video editing.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

I suspect the light under the touchpad that isn’t lit up in images will change based on in game health/emotions etc

The touchpad isn’t a screen because the microphone trumps tiny typing screens.

SleepDoctor

Banned
I don't expect anything groundbreaking. Touchpad was never really used for much. Although i liked it on games like the witcher and other things like that.

Create or whatever they want to call it now. I hope we can actually make clips and have them on our profile for friends to view like on the xbox. I don't want to upload anything to Twitter or YouTube.

Numenorean

I really hope that the SDK for PS5 encourage developers to adopt and use the touchpad. Its a really underestimated feature that can be as revolutionary as the vibration was for the n64/ps1 era.

I still remember how groundbreaking was In Silent Hill 1, “feel” the heartbeats in the DualShock 1 when your health was low

Shmunter

I really hope that the SDK for PS5 encourage developers to adopt and use the touchpad. Its a really underestimated feature that can be as revolutionary as the vibration was for the n64/ps1 era.

I still remember how groundbreaking was In Silent Hill 1, “feel” the heartbeats in the DualShock 1 when your health was low
Indeed. But the likes of Xbox will hold it back for 3rd party irrespective. Lowest common denominator etc.

I'm expecting better battery life. Whether or not it's as good as people want it to be is a different question.

I am excited to try this controller out and hopefully it works easily with my PC. I'm thinking about changing to the Dual Sense if it's supported well enough.

I expect to be as annoyed by the new share button "create" as I was before, the only times I used it was when my fingers slipped.

I would like better battery life, I may like the customisable pressure level of some buttons and better rumble, but I like the DS4 as is anyway... so it's really the battery life I care for.

Tamy

Banned
I'm expecting better battery life. Whether or not it's as good as people want it to be is a different question.

why do you expect that?

We also took thoughtful consideration into ways to maintain a strong battery life for DualSense’s rechargeable battery, and to lessen the weight of the controller as much as possible as new features were added.

Keyword: "maintain", so I think it's pretty safe that the battery life will be same as the previous controller, so there are new features, but still the battery life will be the same.

JimboJones

In the DF video for the DualSense, Rich speculated that the create button will allow for on the fly GIFs and memes, as well as possibly incorporating photo mode/enhancement features similar to Nvidia Ansel

I would use the shit out of this, if it’s there

It would be amazing if they mandated a Nvidia Ansel type mode across the board.

I'd rather the gyro get more use than the touch pad, the gyro is legit useful the touch pad seems more like a gimmick for gameplay functionality.

Last edited:
why do you expect that?

Keyword: "maintain", so I think it's pretty safe that the battery life will be same as the previous controller, so there are new features, but still the battery life will be the same.

The Dualshock 4 doesn't have a strong battery life. Which is why I believe the Dual Sense will be better.

Grinchy

Banned
Raise to wake could be really interesting. I guess it could also be annoying. You're just cleaning or moving the controller for any other reason and suddenly the console boots the TV up.

LordOfChaos

"Hey Dualsense, where are you?"
*boop boop*

Would be handy. Raise to wake would be cool, the Wii U was one of the few console controllers that did that, dimmed both screens until you picked it up when it came awake again. Maybe it could go further than that with a true low power mode.

nikolino840

I don't expect anything groundbreaking. Touchpad was never really used for much. Although i liked it on games like the witcher and other things like that.

Create or whatever they want to call it now. I hope we can actually make clips and have them on our profile for friends to view like on the xbox. I don't want to upload anything to Twitter or YouTube.
You can't upload in your profile?

Pallas

I just hope for better battery life, these other functions sound cool but I really don’t want them if Sony isn’t going to vastly improve the battery life.

Indeed. But the likes of Xbox will hold it back for 3rd party irrespective. Lowest common denominator etc.

Aye, dirty Xbox holding back the potential of my awesome sauce dualsense controller!

Thank God for first party games though! I hope to see them utilize it like they did with the PS4 controller.

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
I just hope for better battery life, these other functions sound cool but I really don’t want them if Sony isn’t going to vastly improve the battery life.

Aye, dirty Xbox holding back the potential of my awesome sauce dualsense controller!

Thank God for first party games though! I hope to see them utilize it like they did with the PS4 controller.

Yeah me too .. when you read the article you will see them pointing out the battery life improvement , hope they did that

I'm nobody

The ps5 comes with built-in dreams and create button copy the level and u make ya own stuff 👍 I have a very good imagination

Top Bottom