• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Replicant

OErUr71.png

279XyL9.jpg

That's hawt!

My wife expressed frustration tonight that we still can't play our 3D BR's yet on PS4, as a casual gamer, she said its crazy that PS4 has less functionality than our PS3 did. Can't say I disagree with her, wish we had an idea on when the update will happen.

It kinda sucks, even stuff like saving pictures or watching movies/shows on the web browser is gone.

We've seen a hell of a lot more from those games than we've seen from The Order and Uncharted.

DriveClub was billed as a launch title all the way up until about a month before launch.... now there is still no launch date.

What are we looking at here? February? April? July? We really have no idea.

That's because MS needed to do that. The went on stage at E3 and showed their entire hand to counter act the "xbox isn't about games" thought that was floating around. Sony doesn't need to do that. They can ride the hype and announce things when things slow down.

Not to mention, people gave them so much crap about announcing things early, so I guess they've learned to wait now.

jey_16

Banned
So I just finished Killzone and I need another single player game to tide me over the holidays. I would buy rivals but since drive club is coming out soon, thought I would wait for that.

Suggestions? Is Assassins Creed Black Flag that good? I really hated AC3 despite loving AC2, just couldn't get into it.

Other options would be BF4 or Ghosts but I'm not sure how long the sp campaigns are? Am I missing anything else?

NeoROCK

That's because MS needed to do that. The went on stage at E3 and showed their entire hand to counter act the "xbox isn't about games" thought that was floating around. Sony doesn't need to do that. They can ride the hype and announce things when things slow down.

Not to mention, people gave them so much crap about announcing things early, so I guess they've learned to wait now.

So back to my original question.

What is Sony waiting for?

DriveClub is supposed to be a Q1 2014 release... they are way too late in announcing the release date, as we're almost in 2014 already.

Replicant

So I just finished Killzone and I need another single player game to tide me over the holidays. I would buy rivals but since drive club is coming out soon, thought I would wait for that.

Suggestions? Is Assassins Creed Black Flag that good? I really hated AC3 despite loving AC2, just couldn't get into it.

Thankfully for us, AC4 turned out to be a much superior experience than AC3. I hate AC3 too.

Anyone else having problem with Uplay in AC4 on PS4? It doesn't log in, keep saying their servers are down and have been doing this for over a week now.

Big Chungus

My friends are saying that my account has been logged in straight for a few days, I checked all my consoles and they're all turned off but i'm still seen as online by them.

What can be causing this?

reminder

My friends are saying that my account has been logged in straight for a few days, I checked all my consoles and they're all turned off but i'm still seen as online by them.

What can be causing this?

I don't know, but do you use the PlayStation App and does it maybe run in the background with you still logged in? Idk if the app shows you as online for friends.

geordiemp

OK Ps4 users, maybe you can help me, got 2 PS4 under xmas tree for me and my son. I assume that :

Ps4 1 - make this my default console and Son has a guest account on it. Buy Ps+ on my account.

Ps4 2 - I have an account on this Ps4 as a guest only.

So, I buy Ps+ on console 1 only.....

Question 1 : Does that mean my son can play online on Ps4 1 and I can play online on Ps4 2

Question 2 : If I play on Ps4 2 where are my game saves held ? If I switch between consoles, will it be seamless or will I have to 'sync' saves with cloud or something ?

Question 3 : If I buy DLC or PSN games on Ps4 1 will I be able to play them on Ps4 2 ?

Hopefully someone on GAF with 2 Ps4 in the house will advise me. Ta

kitch9

Banned
Resogun - Very hard.
Killzone - Very time consuming.
Knack - Who cares?

Resogun depends on skill though. I'll probably never plat it, but I'm sure there's plenty of people out there who find it easy.

Microsoft effectively abandoned the 360 for the last few years and you think that they are the ones who deserves the praise because they have secured a small handful of very average exclusives on a console that they abandoned their other console for?

Hmmmm.

Other options would be BF4 or Ghosts but I'm not sure how long the sp campaigns are? Am I missing anything else?
Get AC4. I'm playing it now and it's so much fun. The last one I played was AC2 and I'm glad I picked up AC4.
OK Ps4 users, maybe you can help me, got 2 PS4 under xmas tree for me and my son. I assume that :

Ps4 1 - make this my default console and Son has a guest account on it. Buy Ps+ on my account.

Ps4 2 - I have an account on this Ps4 as a guest only.

So, I buy Ps+ on console 1 only.....

Question 1 : Does that mean my son can play online on Ps4 1 and I can play online on Ps4 2

Question 2 : If I play on Ps4 2 where are my game saves held ? If I switch between consoles, will it be seamless or will I have to 'sync' saves with cloud or something ?

Question 3 : If I buy DLC or PSN games on Ps4 1 will I be able to play them on Ps4 2 ?

Hopefully someone on GAF with 2 Ps4 in the house will advise me. Ta

1) yes your son will be able to play on console 1 and you can play on console 2 as long as your signed into PSN.

2) Your saves are automatically uploaded in the cloud. There should be no issue for you when switching between consoles. You could also manually upload saves at each console if need be.

3) When you buy PSN games/DLC everyone on your primary PS4 can play it and the purchasing account can play it on any PS4 as long as they are logged into PSN and have downloaded the content on that particular PS4. So you should not have any issues playing your games on console 2 as long as your signed into PSN.

So back to my original question.

What is Sony waiting for?

DriveClub is supposed to be a Q1 2014 release... they are way too late in announcing the release date, as we're almost in 2014 already.

If you look at the sales of software, you can see that exclusives aren't the big thing anymore. People are more hyped up for multiplatform titles.

Hurley

Just picked up Zen Pinball 2 with the Return of the Jedi pack.

Having a blast so far, love the tables/sound and it looks great too.

Just hooked up my ps4.

For some reason I can't access the psn store. Any idea why?

Internet is setup and web browser works fine, but not the store.

"Network Unavailable"

Mmh this is neat, I'm switching between KZ and GAF via the double ps button press :)

Sent from my PS4.

(oh and nice that you can switch now languages for the word prediction)

Anyone else getting an error when trying to adjust the depth of the camera? It recognizes my face and then starts to calculate or whatever. Errors out at 95% saying it couldn't do it, may something blocking the camera etc. (I already tried changing its position etc.).
Anyway, had no problems playing the Playroom.

Oh and I'm pleasantly surprised that suspend mode (not the normal multitasking) is already there, just not available in standby.
It suspended KZ AND Vidzone while still allowing me to do other stuff, even when switching accounts.

Voice commands work rather well actually, that's nice considering I'm not a native English speaker but have my console set to English (thanks for not being stupid like MS).
For launching some games I have to try a few times because I realize I don't actually know how that game'name is pronounced :p

I have a love hate relationship with the AC series... had written it off after AC3. That being said, heard too many good things about AC4 and I ended up buying it during BF and haven't regretted it since. It was worth it to me just for the naval battles and exploration. BF4 seems to not be as buggy atm, but I wasn't playing much of it while it was having issue's, but it's solid. If it's SP your want tho, AC4 will scratch that itch just fine.

Nakor

Why do you say that?

The PS4 has all of its vents on the sides and back of the machine. Putting anything on top of it causes no blockages to airflow. I don't think the 3slim is heavy enough to cause pressure stress either.

It's possible the ambient heat generated by the PS3 will affect the PS4's temperatures.

Yes!!! I'm in the same boat! It is just so much fun! I was hoping it was like Swype and we would just just the touch pad, but after a few messages, it's become its own little game!

Like, when I saw that FIFA used its own keyboard instead of the system one like Killzone does I was really disappointed.

Big Chungus

I spoke to PS support about my account always being viewed as online and they told me they have no troubleshooting method to fix it.

They suggested that I tell my friends to fix their ps file system...

Top Bottom