• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 has cockroaches, what do I do?

Make sure your PS4 is turned off and NOT WARM... Ideally do this when you are not using your PS4 and over a few days.

Get some gasoline or kerosene, open your PS4 as much you can.... maybe angle it in some way... but basically try to get the gasoline fumes to travel upwards to the PS4. These fumes should drive them out in time. Note the gasoline does not touch the PS4 at all. If this sounds unsual, I grew up in South America where wasp nests can be an issue. This gets rids of wasps... they die slowly from the fumes and fall into the gasoline.

Cockroaches are one of the most resilient insects... I have honestly never seen a cockroach in the UK where I stay now... I have not seen a roach in over 15 years.

Also dude... your house needs a deep clean... under carpets, the kitchen, bedrooms... a SUPER DEEP clean. This only gets rid of the ones in the PS4. These guys multiply fast, so it's the house that needs to be looked at long term. BORIC acid (powered form) is good for around the house

Head.spawn

Just reminded me of this, lol....

18rw60d9d98tnjpg.jpg

At any rate, cut your losses OP.

-cYk4B.gif

Go buy a PS4 Pro.

mario_O

Did you know roaches feed on human hair, skin and nails? There're many reports of roaches biting people while they sleep. They're night creatures. OP, check your skin for marks when you wake up, also the bed sheets.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Did you know roaches feed on human hair, skin and nails? There're many reports of roaches biting people while they sleep. They're night creatures. OP, check your skin for marks when you wake up, also the bed sheets.
OP I'm coming to help you
giphy.gif

Disgusting. OP you need to clean your house, I live in NYC and I hate roaches, roaches are nasty. I'd throw out my PS4 or worst I'd try to sell it.

Just fucking ewwww.

Also this

* Keeps room clean

* Has roaches

0ZFlt6P.gif

It's not a infestation. They just appear in my house, I clean and the kids who come dirty up the house the next day and the kitchen is likely where they all hover.

This is considered the norm in my household.

WTF?
MUYZ9v5.jpg

you dirty

dr_mario

This is one of the first threads here I thoroughly read. Dammit, nightmare fuel.

On a different note; How old are you, OP?
We should consider a kickstarter to get him an own apartement if he's old enough... and a new ps4

Why do you have no say regarding your brothers leaving crap (food?) in your room?

How in the hell can roaches is inside your PS4 ? theyre like.. big ? i dont see any holes as big as a roach.

Roaches come in all sizes.

Disgusting. OP you need to clean your house, I live in NYC and I hate roaches, roaches are nasty. I'd throw out my PS4 or worst I'd try to sell it.

Just fucking ewwww.

Also this

WTF?

you dirty

Educate yourself. He/she probably lives in an apartment. If your upstairs/downstairs neighbors have bad hygiene or you live in an old building, all you can do is get an exterminator to come once a month, never leave dishes out, and clean regularly. But they will still come. You can't just call him out for bad hygiene.

Edit: You live in NYC so you should know this.

13ruce

Banned
How is that even possible?
I think the best thing to do is screw it open and just take them all out of you are not scared for bugs.

Reddie has to take his comics, and a box of elastic bands, and create some sort of exit funnel to the window and then insert it into the plastic bag. Obviously.

Unless cockroaches read comics, and decide to stay longer?

Man none of you guys would survive an apartment on the gulf coast. If just one of your neighbors in your block is dirty welcome to roaches forever.

Theyre just a fact of life here.

FoxSpirit

If you wanna do the bagging method, you also need to flood the bag with CO2. Basically, take a plastic box, put in PS4, fill with CO2, turn around the PS4 a bit so all air pockets can escape, refill, close lid.

DO NOT PUT YOUR HEAD IN THE BOX!! INSTANT UNCONCIOUSNESS!!!!
This method can be used for huge things, though then you use Nitrogen and an active flooding system.

Easier would be but in box with bait gel and close the lid, now that I think of it. Since the gel is the only food source the roaches will quickly snag it up.

This irks me to no end. Don't try to patronize me pal/sister."oh you live in NYC roaches and rats are your buddies" yes I live in NYC but no roaches in my apartment. Even when I was young that I lived in my grandma's house she had them gone with Tempo. Anyone remember the Tempo packets?

Detest this misconception that just because you live in NYC you must have roaches in your home. Gtfo.

Why do you have no say regarding your brothers leaving crap (food?) in your room?

Roaches come in all sizes.

Educate yourself. He/she probably lives in an apartment. If your upstairs/downstairs neighbors have bad hygiene or you live in an old building, all you can do is get an exterminator to come once a month, never leave dishes out, and clean regularly. But they will still come. You can't just call him out for bad hygiene.

Word, I was going to say living in NYC out of all places you should know that you can be the cleanest person in the world and have your apartment infested if you live in a building that end up having filthy tenants.

This irks me to no end. Don't try to patronize me pal/sister."oh you live in NYC roaches and rats are your buddies" yes I live in NYC but no roaches in my apartment. Even when I was young that I lived in my grandma's house she had them gone with Tempo. Anyone remember the Tempo packets?

Detest this misconception that just because you live in NYC you must have roaches in your home. Gtfo.

I live in Manhattan. In an old building. It is basically an unwritten rule that you have to get an exterminator to come every month, even if you see no roaches.

You can be clean, leave no food out, always do the dishes, but if your building sucks or your neighbours have bad hygiene, you will see the occasional roach.

Let me ask, you probably never see any rats at your subway stop either?

Word, I was going to say living in NYC out of all places you should know that you can be the cleanest person in the world and have your apartment infested if you live in a building that end up having filthy tenants.

Exactly.

Zombine

Banned
Learn their behavioral patterns, infiltrate their society from the inside, gain supporters and throw a coup to become the new Roach King.

I live in Manhattan. In an old building. It is basically an unwritten rule that you have to get an exterminator to come every month, even if you see no roaches.

You can be clean, leave no food out, always do the dishes, but if your building sucks or your neighbours have bad hygiene, you will see the occasional roach.

Let me ask, you probably never see any rats at your subway stop either?

Exactly.

I'm not as fancy as you, I don't live in Manhattan, I live in Brooklyn and I have no roaches in my apartment an exterminator was used when we first moved in about 14 years ago and haven't had a problem.

And what a question, of course I've seen rats on the subway, they're by Myrtle/Wyckoff seen all the times. It's disgusting. You may find it hard to believe because of your current situation having dirty neighbors I guess, but no roaches over here buddy.

COMING TO THIZ THREAD WAS A MISTAKE!!!!!!!AAHAAHH

Cappa

Banned

LOL this.... roaches in your home doesnt necessarily mean that you have a dirty home. Obviously living in an apartment you have no control over other peoples homes.....

You also dont need an exterminator if you see 1 or 2 roaches like once every few months.....

Markoman

Do cockroaches or other bugs sometimes crawl into human anusses?
I've been asking myself this question for several years now.

Top Bottom