• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Games running on PS5 |OT| Because feedback is always good!

Romulus

I think the most transformative game I've seen still is Planetside 2. Massive shooter with over 200 players in a fight and its runs flawless at 60fps

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
NIER Automata
Game generally looks good, I assume that's due to the Auto HDR?
performance wise, as tested by vkbest it's locked 60fps now
I tested on PS5 and the game now is locked to 60fps, on PS4 pro you had constant drops to 50-55 at 1080p
it seems to have the same with terrible pop in
This is obviously down to really bad optimization.
The Pro could probably have done 1440p 60fps
Hell, I think Bluepoint could Remaster it for the Original PS4 and get 60fps 1080p
So don't expect PS5 be any better then the poor effort that was originally put in, game just runs like shit because it's coded that way

Last edited:

CyberChulo

Here's a mosh mash of levels I played on EDF 5 to see if the framerate will buckle. Some levels still can't hold 60 but it does not drop as bad as on the PS4 Pro did.

TGO

I tested on PS5 and the game now is locked to 60fps, on PS4 pro you had constant drops to 50-55 at 1080p
Yes, I had no way of checking that and it did run flawless in the desert
Probably should have mentioned it seemed stable, but the pop in ruins everything in the city

Last edited:

ghairat

I would love to hear of the following games, if I kind soul is willing to try them out:
-Yakuza 0
-Yakuza 6
-Judgment
-Fist of the North Star
-The Alliance Alive HD Remaster
-Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
-Dishonered 2
-Dishonored: Death of the Outsider
-Exist Archive
-Greedfall
-Ni No Kuni 2
-Tales of Berseria
-Trials of Mana
7c6.jpg

kingwingin

Anybody here have uncharted 4 and can test something for me? When going into multiplayer the loading/connecting screen does this for a split second. I just want to know if its a compatability issue on all systems before I start a warrenty claim.

12AdgM3.jpg

Last edited:

TGO

Assassin's Creed III Remastered is well.... it was locked 30fps with a 2688x1512 render so nothing has changed here as far as I can tell
But there is a HDR bug, upon starting the game it'll look washed out, turn HDR in the PS5 system settings off and turn back on again.

And this maybe an Auto HDR thing or a placebo effect
but most games look better then they did before.
Tekken 7 looks better imo

Last edited:

Romulus

what resolution? didnt even know that game exists on consoles

Yeah its actually pretty lively on console. Lots of battlefield and MAG people play it.

I think just 1080p with SS. I think they did a resolution bump on Ps4 pro, so it runs at that resolution. Looks clean on Pro.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Just finished playing the FF7 remake on my PS5 and I'm happy to report that it ran flawlessly the entire time. I don't think there were any upgrades over if someone played it on a PS4 Pro though.

Ovech-King

Gold Member
I have some weird ones :
Mass Effect Andromeda
Dragon Age Inquisition
Metal Gear Solid V

Older games so I don't expect much,but who knows?

Metal Gear solid 5 is pretty much the only major game on PS4 that was already running at 60 fps so I don't expect any difference . The PS4 pro was already at 1440p I believe so you can expect those 2 together

So the most transformative experience for me on PS5 has been Days Gone. Good lord it looks like an early next gen title in many time of day conditions at 4K60fps. Jaw dropping. I missed out on the game on PS4 when it launched. The first game I booted up on PS5 was Days Gone, lord it's glorious. I am 11 hours into the game and i've found this to be tense and overall good game. Anyone who's missed out on Days Gone, please try this gem on PS5

So the most transformative experience for me on PS5 has been Days Gone. Good lord it looks like an early next gen title in many time of day conditions at 4K60fps. Jaw dropping. I missed out on the game on PS4 when it launched. The first game I booted up on PS5 was Days Gone, lord it's glorious. I am 11 hours into the game and i've found this to be tense and overall good game. Anyone who's missed out on Days Gone, please try this gem on PS5

Agreed. I plat’d it at release buy playing NG+ At 4K/60 it feels and it’s like a new game

TheKratos

Yep it looks really good. I played a few hours on PS4 Pro but never felt the need to finish it. Replaying on PS5 and wow. Rock solid 60fps, great gfx and most importantly, quick loading. I'm fast traveling everywhere with ultra speed.

nordique

Was Looking to get Squadrons on PS4 for black friday, but seems like 120fps is not an options for PS5

Can anyone confirm this?

Edit: everything I can find seems to show it just has lighting enhancements but no 120 fps le sigh

Last edited:

Synless

No Mans Sky was an odd one. When I booted the game initially on PS5 I found out I was still playing the PS4 version. On the PS5 main menu you have to hit the start button on the No Mans Sky icon and select PlayStation 5 version. You can actually even switch back to the PS4 version if you want. I can see a lot of people not knowing this and continuing to play the PS4 version with no upgrades.

Does anyone know if FF12 runs at 60fps on PS5 like it does on XSX?

Last edited:
Was Looking to get Squadrons on PS4 for black friday, but seems like 120fps is not an options for PS5

Can anyone confirm this?

Edit: everything I can find seems to show it just has lighting enhancements but no 120 fps le sigh

PS4 had no 120hz mode so Back Compat games are not able to run at 120fps even if they can, they have to release an entirely new PS5 version to enable that.

TheDude108

Just started this last night after finishing Miles Morales. Amazing looking/sounding game, looks 'next gen' in places, especially some of the character faces. Not sure if I'll get it finished in time for Demons Souls at Xmas, but definitely a surprise as I skipped this on PS4.

Just started this last night after finishing Miles Morales. Amazing looking/sounding game, looks 'next gen' in places, especially some of the character faces. Not sure if I'll get it finished in time for Demons Souls at Xmas, but definitely a surprise as I skipped this on PS4.

Same, I somehow skipped playing this after hearing comments about it not being polished enough on it's PS4 release with frame rate issues, frame rate hitches stutters and too much random texture pop ups. On PS5 thanks to it being a free game via ps plus collection it's been a god send experience!

FranXico

Just a small heads up, I don't know if anyone tested this already.

Shadow Complex Remastered has been patched last week or so, and is no longer listed as PS4 only in the store.

Did any of you who have it try to run it again on the PS5?

Last edited:

Skifi28

That's a shit take. You can always wait for new hardware and new remasters. You better not play cyberpunk 2077 because ps6 version will be really good

I wasn't waiting for new hardware, I didn't even expect an upgrade for this game in particular. I held off because I was absorbed in other games. Now I'll gladly wait a little more for the better version.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I wasn't waiting for new hardware, I didn't even expect an upgrade for this game in particular. I held off because I was absorbed in other games. Now I'll gladly wait a little more for the better version.
Ok then. So you did not waited. You happened to be waiting :p

Raging Bull

Neo Member
Is it safe to go back in the waters with downloading/playing ps4 games off an external hard drive? Below is my post from another thread.

I was downloading ps4 games from psn to my external hard drive while playing demons souls (disc version). Whole console went to black screen in the middle of a boss battle. Had to shut down using the power button.

Powered back on using the power button (controller wouldn't turn the system on), ps5 rebuilt its internal ssd, then repaired its external hard drive, black screen. Waited 5 minutes, nothing. Read on reddit to hold the power button until second beep, system safely shuts down, unplug external, power back on using power button.

This worked, downloaded my demons souls save data from the cloud just to be safe. No issues after playing for a couple more hours.

Needless to say, I won't be using an external hard drive until sony fixes this shit. Its a major feature of the console and since we have dick for ssd space it needs to be addressed.

THEAP99

Banned
I am 99% certain that ps4 games on ps5 running in backwards compatibility have worse textures and a lot more antialiasing going on compared to the same game running on ps4. Lot's of gadded edges and general more blurry picture on ps5. I played some tlou2 and ghost of Tsushima and both look visually worse than they did on ps4 pro from what i remember. And no i am not going crazy, someone needs to do rigorous testing with this. I don't have a ps4 pro anymore so I can't.

En5Vy-OXMAQkPei
En5WBcMXcAgPrfI

ps4 images ^

En5V3nKXUAEgJcJ
En5WIBzW8AAw5KQ

ps5 images ^

The first image I took on my ps4 pro back in like August. The second image I took this evening on my ps5. I know that the scenes here are not aligned 100%.. but I think it's clear here maybe what I am seeing? Things are generally less clear on the ps5

Last edited:
Assassin's Creed III Remastered is well.... it was locked 30fps with a 2688x1512 render so nothing has changed here as far as I can tell
But there is a HDR bug, upon starting the game it'll look washed out, turn HDR in the PS5 system settings off and turn back on again.

And this maybe an Auto HDR thing or a placebo effect
but most games look better then they did before.
Tekken 7 looks better imo
is anything actually happening in Tekken7 resolution/framerate wise?

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Is there any reason to keep my ps4 slim?
I am thinking about giving it to my 6yo nephews for Christmas's. I am keeping all my games and getting ps5

It was 1080p 60fps on PS4 Pro
Best you gonna get is locked 60fps @1080p
But I don't think it drop much in the first place
Any luck namco will do a free update for next gen? Do they even care? I get the feeling they don't even bother about HDR ( not even in Ace Combat 7) that Namco is run by guys that just don't give a fuck.

Last edited:

nordique

Just ordered resident evil 2 remake as I missed out on it last year despite the original being my second favourite game in the series after resi 4 on GameCube. But I haven’t touched it since the PS1 days!

has anyone tried the re2/3 remakes out on ps5 yet? How do they run? I’m super excited. Only got Re2 for now as it was on a sale, but will get Re3 at some point

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

Tried some obvious ones last night. Fallout 4, Skyrim, and destiny 2.

Fallout 4 seemed to be a bit odd, there felt like there was a bit of lag in controls compared to PS4, very small though. Skyrim ran great but it seemed like load times were held back by something. It appeared to have completed loading but held the load screen a few extra seconds.

Destiny ran fantastically, loads were way faster than on PS4. The December patch should be really nice.

I downloaded the bioshock collection too and will check it out.

One other issue I noticed is the PlayStation collection of games overlaps with psnow not allowing you to add the game to your account should your psnow subscription lapse. Any solutions for this?

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
What that means?

They say at 25min that ps4 games run with hdr always enabled or something?
What if I play on a computer monitor with hdr disabled? I actually use lg27uk650 but never use hdr since it's shit and have it disabled in monitor and ps4 globally in system settings

Planetside 2 free to play scifi fps. Imagine a grander scale battlefield style game

Ps4

20-60fps, extremely inconsistent

Load times 29 seconds, 15 seconds

Ps5

58-60fps mostly locked 60fps for an hour stream I saw one dropped frame during heavy action and 200+ players in a small area

Load times 13 seconds, 5 seconds

This is without a patch. BC mode

Oh fuck, I can finally play Planetside 2 on console?

Time to suit up, New Conglomerate.

Top Bottom