• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 version of Elden Ring Runs is a Sad Version.

Just completed Elden Ring the PS4 version on ps5. I decided to replay new game plus and try the ps5 version. The loading times are lighting, fast but the frame rate is just annoying with slow down constantly compared to the ps4 version which was a beautiful locked 60fps. How the fuck can such a great developer be so shit at optimizing games like the ps4 version 60fps locked and with these load times would have made a huge difference to my experience. So i can downgrade to ps4 version or i'm screwed?

edit: can mod remove runs from the title.

They're just a mediocre developer, that's why.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
They're just a mediocre developer, that's why.
Boombox Shut Up GIF

proandrad

Also in my recently playthrough I used parry more frequently, if the framerate was big issue then that parry would have been annoying but I was able to pull it off no problem.

And I put over 300 hours in to game and platinum it and I never experienced crazy frame drops at all.
9QOXeT4.png

Stop gaslighting people just because the drops don't bother you doesn't mean it doesn't have any. There are multiple videos and sources that show the framerate issues the PS5 version of the game has.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Stop gaslighting people just because the drops don't bother you doesn't mean it doesn't have any. There are multiple videos and sources that show the framerate issues the PS5 version of the game has.
No, you guys acting as if this game “unplayable“ on PS5 which is not remotely true.….this hyperbolic BS need to stop.

Bernardougf

Gold Member
Just completed Elden Ring the PS4 version on ps5. I decided to replay new game plus and try the ps5 version. The loading times are lighting, fast but the frame rate is just annoying with slow down constantly compared to the ps4 version which was a beautiful locked 60fps. How the fuck can such a great developer be so shit at optimizing games like the ps4 version 60fps locked and with these load times would have made a huge difference to my experience. So i can downgrade to ps4 version or i'm screwed?

edit: can mod remove runs from the title.
Played the game also with ps4 version on ps5... 60 fps for life.. pretty lights and grass dosent dazzle me anymore .. gameplay is king

proandrad

No, you guys acting as if this game “unplayable“ on PS5 which is not remotely true.….this hyperbolic BS need to stop.

No one in this thread has commented that the frame-rate drops make the game unplayable. The framerate issues, are actually factual issues that can be reproduced, you proclaiming you have a magical copy of the game with no issues is the only "hyperbolic BS."

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
No one in this thread has commented that the frame-rate drops make the game unplayable. The framerate issues, are actually factual issues that can be reproduced, you proclaiming you have a magical copy of the game with no issues is the only "hyperbolic BS."
I can only speak from my own experience and played on performance mode on PS5 and the framerate was pretty solid for me, in fact I didn't even know this game had framerate issues until I saw the posts in GAF.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Isn't it a plan with a Fromsoftware trick?… the fact that probably the ps4 version wouldn't sell as well and people prefer the most current one, so what they do is do this trick to sell that version. ..and people who are not gamers for the first time would buy the ps5 because they think that being the last generation of consoles is the best?

S0ULZB0URNE

Also in my recently playthrough I used parry more frequently, if the framerate was big issue then that parry would have been annoying but I was able to pull it off no problem.

And I put over 300 hours in to game and platinum it and I never experienced crazy frame drops at all.
9QOXeT4.png
Yeah it runs pretty good overall.

MarkMe2525

I fell like playing different game than most people, I had barely any framerate issue when I replayed replayed Elden Ring on my PS5.
I felt this way with the Series X version, and then I remembered that I have VRR tv. Rarely did I perceive any inconsistency. I don't think there has ever been a generation where ones display can impact a players experience as much as this one.

zeldaring

Banned

mhirano

Still haven’t played Elden Ring but Bloodborne was technically a mess but still pretty enjoyable.
Maybe the players who didn’t mind the bad framerate were experienced hunters…

Top Bottom