• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS2 Codebreaker question

teiresias

OK, so I want to do the PS2 MC Exploit to do some video watching/HDLoader/mp3 playing, etc. on my PS2, so I need either an Action Replay Max or a Codebreaker disc to use my flash memory stick to transfer the necessary files.

The only AR Max package I seem to be able to find locally is the $30 one that includes a memory card which I really don't need - the regular $19.99 one doesn't seem to be available anywhere. However, my local Radioshack has Codebreaker, which is supposed to have the same functionality - however, they have two versions.

One is in a box that looks like this:
pRS1C-2265013w345.jpg

and the other is in a plastic thing shaped like a combination lock that looks like this:
B000BR4ASU.01-A3LDAX1Z8QDFC._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Does anyone know which is the most recent version? I can't seem to find any indication on the packaging of which one is the newest version. If anyone knows that would be great, thanks!

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
The only answer I can give you is that the EASIEST way to get the files you need on to your memory card is with one of the code systems that comes with a USB drive/interface like the AR Max.

With the AR Max there are packages out there that will let you on your PC construct the file you need and copy them to the AR Max USB key right on your PC.

Then you stick the thing in your PS2, fire up the AR software and use it to copy the file over to your MC. That's it.

teiresias

DarienA said:
The only answer I can give you is that the EASIEST way to get the files you need on to your memory card is with one of the code systems that comes with a USB drive/interface like the AR Max.

Codebreaker does have a USB drive/interface which is why it's one of the options, I'm just wanting to make sure I pick up the newest version, firstly, just so I have the most up-to-date one and second, in case I pick a version that maybe is before they added the USB drive/interface.

Top Bottom