• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Preachy misleading youtubers &/() Why do people feel the need to express they believe in something?

So I've been watching this channel for a few days. Not bad. I watched a few videos and then some bible verse appeared in the video. I was like, what, I came here to watch motorcycle content and not some preachy bible shit.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEbCRO739v3_RDmv6_aw1QQ
ApN3E3M.jpg

I don't have anything against the bible, but why do people feel the need to express that they believe in god? You run a bike channel, I don't give a shit if you believe in god or not. I came for the bikes.

Last edited:
C

Contica

Unconfirmed Member
Saw a video from a great terraik builder once, then he started preaching jesus bullshit for several minutes in the middle of the video. Safe to say I never came back.

Mohonky

How do you think religion survives?

'Spreading the word of God' is seen as pious. Its a tenant in many religions and it is seen as doing a good deed,; if you bring faith to the unfaithful you are effectively enacting as the catalyst for change in that person and showing them the path to righteousness and eternal salvation.

Basically you see it as preachy annoying bullshit, they see it as doing you a favour.

You are also forgetting that religion is all encompassing to a person; they live their lives around it so naturally everything they do or do not do is filtered through a religious process.

If they like bikes they can say they like bikes

If they like God they need to shut up forever about it

Yeah seems like OP has some kind of double standard

Maybe they can make what they want and you need to deal with it
I don't have a double standard. But this is a channel about MOTORCYCLES, why is there a need to cram religious bullshit in videos that are supposed to be about MOTORCYCLES?

Airola

If you knew for absolute certainty that terrorists somewhere will kill thousands of kids and adults tomorrow, would you want to tell about that to all and everyone to warn them? Or would you think, nah, this is a motorcycle video, I shouldn't mention it there?

This issue is far far far far far more serious than this hypothetical terrorist scenario is and it's something where calling the cops wouldn't help. So it only makes sense if someone wants to tell at least something about it even if it was just a motorcycle video.

Humdinger

Well, Christianity is a big part of some people's lives. For some, it's the most important part, much more important than motorcycles. So, the answer to your question "why do they feel the need to express their Christianity" is that Christianity is very important to them, and expressing themselves about it is an important part of their lives. They know that they will alienate some people by doing it.

Last edited:

Gargus

Banned
When you give people over 7 billion people access to putting their videos online and they have a false sense of importance from it then you should except the vast majority of them to act like fucking imbeciles.

Why anyone even pays attention to 90% of people on YouTube is beyond me. As most of them are just the same old dipshits and morons that you'd roll your eyes at and ignore on the street. But put them on YouTube and suddenly they become noteworthy.

If you don't like the video then ignore it. Because all it took that person to get on YouTube was to register a free account, that's their qualifications. They aren't worth your time and attention.

Besides churchy fucks are allover trying to shoehorn in their beliefs anywhere they can.

oagboghi2

When you give people over 7 billion people access to putting their videos online and they have a false sense of importance from it then you should except the vast majority of them to act like fucking imbeciles.

Why anyone even pays attention to 90% of people on YouTube is beyond me. As most of them are just the same old dipshits and morons that you'd roll your eyes at and ignore on the street. But put them on YouTube and suddenly they become noteworthy.

If you don't like the video then ignore it. Because all it took that person to get on YouTube was to register a free account, that's their qualifications. They aren't worth your time and attention.

Besides churchy fucks are allover trying to shoehorn in their beliefs anywhere they can.
I swear to God, you people must be miserable in real life

I don't have a double standard. But this is a channel about MOTORCYCLES, why is there a need to cram religious bullshit in videos that are supposed to be about MOTORCYCLES?
No, this is a channel about whatever the fuck the YouTuber wants it to be about. If you can't stand religious talk, watch one of the thousand other YouTube channels

Last edited:

black_13

Banned
Makes no sense I agree. Same thing with vegans/keto/IF/whatever diet/red pill/whatever fad is popular. Alot of people want validation and like being preachy.

I agree a motorcycle channel shouldn't be mixing religion with motorcycles of all things. That's just youtube though unfortunately. Take the good with the bad and just ignore it and move on.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Of all the bible versus to be triggered by, a random platitude that could be from any non religious person?

Seems harmless, and I'm AAF (atheist as fuck.)

Top Bottom