• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

possible games leaked from the PlayStation 5 presentation.

chaynchayn-nationalboyfriendday-yes-this-did-happen-be-jealous-40798478.png

Seems legit

Gamernyc78

Banned
No need to be snarky, everyone and their mother knows that time and money are very important when you produce a massive game, it is an elementary concept, you don't need to be a dev to know that horizon with 5-6 years of development (of course without wasting money and if you have a clear project in mind) is better than horizon with 4 years of development, it means more contenents and polish.

Do you think rdr2 would have that humongous number of unique script or millions of lines for every character or a scope that big if the dev time was not 8 years but 4? Think again...

Guerilla in regards to Horizon Zero Dawn went on record shortly after release stating how they created the new GPU based procedural placement system that dynamically creates the world of Horizon Zero and in interviews stated that because of this tech it was much faster and easier to create these worlds cutting dev time. It's a given a sequel would not take as long.

GymWolf

CD PR were able to pull of the best Open World with the best Side-Content gaming has seen in years, with a 4 Year development. More is not always better. I don't care for more content if it's bloated nonsense like every AC game. Funny that you take RDR2 as a prime example. Game bored me shortly after i reached Saint Denis.

I Don't want to wait 6 years for every game just so that the DEV can insert another stupid Quest to stretch the game over 100 Hours. 40-50 Hour games are perfect and i don't see why it can not be done in 4 Years, especially if many assets are already there.
agree to disagree, if the combat is fun, the story is good etc, having more contenents is alwasy a plus, if the game stinks it's not because it was more time in the oven.
having 40 dinobots instead of 25 is not a waste of time, it's what you call having enemy variety, having more special armours or weapons hided inside the world is gonna push me to explore more to find all of them, you have to understand that a shitload of people enjoy this stuff in games, it's not a case if rdr2 and odissey sold extremely well, they both have shitloads of stuff.

now i'm with you when you say that you want quality contenents, but having more time in the oven doesn't negate that, you can make a game with shitty contenents even in 2 year, a lot of small games are crap.

i understand you point, i just don't want a rushed game in any sense of the term.

the ssd inside ps5 was not even a thing 4 years ago, i want horizon 2 to take full advantage of the ssd, this is another reason because i want the devs having more time with the new machine, not only for more contenents.

try to understand me, sony already killed my favourite last gen saga (infamous) with a rushed game for launch, i just don't wanna repeat the story, even if 4 years are enough to make a game and the odds of a bad game are probably small.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Guerilla in regards to Horizon Zero Dawn went on record shortly after release stating how they created the new GPU based procedural placement system that dynamically creates the world of Horizon Zero and in interviews stated that because of this tech it was much faster and easier to create these worlds cutting dev time. It's a given a sequel would not take as long.
yeah but now the worlds are gonna be more detailed (so assets that you have to create), with more physics, probably far more stuff on screen with better ia, it's more easy to fuck up, it's not like creating a current gen game and we know that for every gen, dev times got bigger and not smaller.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I would instantly buy RE8, SH, and DS Remake. We’ve been down this rabbit hole before.

Fool me once, fool me twice....

I want to see what happens after the Bakers incident. Some random from 4chan. Smh

Last edited:

pLow7

agree to disagree, if the combat is fun, the story is good etc, having more contenents is alwasy a plus, if the game stinks it's not because it was more time in the oven.
having 40 dinobots instead of 25 is not a waste of time, it's what you call having enemy variety, having more special armours or weapons hided inside the world is gonna push me to explore more to find all of them, you have to understand that a shitload of people enjoy this stuff in games, it's not a case if rdr2 and odissey sold extremely well, they both have shitloads of stuff.

now i'm with you when you say that you want quality contenents, but having more time in the oven doesn't negate that, you can make a game with shitty contenents even in 2 year, a lot of small games are crap.

i understand you point, i just don't want a rushed game in any sense of the term.

the ssd inside ps5 was not even a thing 4 years ago, i want horizon 2 to take full advantage of the ssd, this is another reason because i want the devs having more time with the new machine, not only for more contenents.

try to understand me, sony already killed my favourite last gen saga (infamous) with a rushed game for launch, i just don't wanna repeat the story, even if 4 years are enough to make a game and the odds of a bad game are probably small.

Yeah i agree with you. I'm just saying, that releasing a game after 4 years of development is not "rushed". Of course they can do more and get more content if they take more time. But there's a difference imo between "Game will be rushed" and "They could have done more if they've taken more time".

Business

yeah but now the worlds are gonna be more detailed (so assets that you have to create), with more physics, probably far more stuff on screen with better ia, it's more easy to fuck up, it's not like creating a current gen game and we know that for every gen, dev times got bigger and not smaller.

I'd say the more detailed assets were already there in PS4, they just couldn't display them, so that's not gonna be very different. Also that was their first open world and a new IP, and that's out of the way this time. I don't think it's unrealistic to expect HZD2 in Q1 2021.

GymWolf

I'd say the more detailed assets were already there in PS4, they just couldn't display them, so that's not gonna be very different. Also that was their first open world and a new IP, and that's out of the way this time. I don't think it's unrealistic to expect HZD2 in Q1 2021.
The opposite, i'm scared because it is too much realistic having the game in the launch period with all the rumors and horizon 1 on pc etc., i just want more time in the oven for the game to shine at his best.

spartan30gr

Rumors are growing more and more about a PlayStation 5 presentation in June and another event in August where games for the new Sony console would be presented.

Today, the rumors continue to grow, according to what we were able to see on Reddit, and that 4chan user has indicated that this event will take place around June 11, will last approximately an hour and forty minutes approximately, and if there will be some students. that PlayStation 5 will play. In this event we would see exclusive games from the new PlayStation Studios (new name to call exclusive Sony games), as exclusive to third parties. These would be the games that we could see in the presentation, as indicated by this new filter:

• Horizon Zero Dawn 2: It would be the game that opens the event, and it has a three-minute video in which it will show us its cooperative, in addition to its great graphic section. His delegation would be scheduled for early March 2021.
• Crash Bandicoot: a reborn hero! This release on the launch of PS5 and would be exclusive to the Sony console. It has more than 100 missions and has online multiplayer.
• Mortal Kombat 11 sequels: Available in the coming days on PS4, but would also contain exclusive PS5 content, in addition to PSVR compatibility.
• Crysis Remastered: The game was also announced for PS4, but it will launch PS5 with dynamic 4K and 60FPS.
• Resident Evil 8: will have great importance in the event. Chris Redfield will be playable.
• Demon´s Souls: new version of the game for PS5 that will also feature new missions. It would be a launch title, and during the event we can see how to play a demo.
• Gran Turismo Sport Redux: New version for PS5 that will be released with 4K and 60FPS and could be released.
• New IP: Unknown Commander: game based on several timelines but in a state of alert that would have crossed games with PC.
• Uncharted Lost Legacy 2: Developed by Sony San Diego, it would be the first fully cooperative game in the series. Chloe and Victor Sullivan would be playable.
• New IP: train travel on Bothemo street: I would like to have well-known Hollywood actors and that would be based on a soap opera.
• Ratchet and Clank: Mars and Beyond !: It would be a PS5 launch game, but at the moment there are more details.
• Silent Hill: Developed by PlayStation Japan and would be released in 2021, but for the moment with more details.

giphy.gif

Radical_3d

Since you are reading fictional lists here is mine:

Killzone: Vekta. A reboot of the franchise which throws away the sh**y TL and acts as a blank slate to create something new in the same atmosphere. Keeps the first Killzone weapons, which is the best system of the saga.

Colony Wars or G-Police new instalment. Pick one.

WipEout 4K. New tracks. New ships. R8 is in.

8 Days. Since they already have all the audio recording from Gary Oldman for the cancelled PS3 version and Naughty Dog is running out of ideas they might as well do this.

The Getaway 3. A Guy Ritchie twist of an already very Londonist franchise.

MotorStorm: Monument Valley. The original 2005 trailer made reality. That’s it.

Exede

I miss the times when a guy called 100-Year-Old-Gamer on IGN was giving hints at games pre E3 season. I mean the stuff was fake but it was so much more enjoyable then reading leak stuff at 4chan.

wvnative

Mars and beyond isn't a name that would be used for a Ratchet & Clank game

While it's impossible to say 100% I seriously doubt a full on Spider-Man 2 sequel has co-op

4chan was mostly right on TLOUII so I believe there is at least some truth in this. Horizon, Crash and Silent Hill would burn the house down.

Dory16

Banned
Gran Turismo and the Bluepoint remake game (probably Demon Souls) are real. Don't know about the others.

Andodalf

Banned
Hold up, Crysis Remastered is a PS5 Exclusive? There's literally videos about it on the Xbox channel and the Switch. Wtf

Yeah that just screams BS. We know it’s coming out on PC, so there’s no held back features there, Just paying for there not to be a XSX patch would be insane. It’d still work on the console anyway!

yurinka

WipEout 4K. New tracks. New ships. R8 is in.[

MotorStorm: Monument Valley. The original 2005 trailer made reality. That’s it.
I'd buy these 2 games before seeing them.

Hold up, Crysis Remastered is a PS5 Exclusive? There's literally videos about it on the Xbox channel and the Switch. Wtf
The whole stuff listed in OP is fake, just a fan wishlist. Don't take it seriously.

new silent hill pls
Konami said it is not happening.

Mortal Kombat 11 sequels.

So Mortal Kombat 12 & 13?
Mortal Kombat 12, 13, 14 and 15 exactly, all of them to be shown there. All of them PS5 exclusive and 8K 240fps. Ronald McDonald and Knack appear as guest characters. You saw it here first.

Last edited:

Vawn

Banned
I feel this rumor was started by Xbox fans. If people actually fall for this unrealistically good line-up, what they actually show will just disappoint.

Andodalf

Banned
Do we think the HZD sequel will be called HZD2? That seems pretty clunky to me, I think re branding as Horizon, and having the Title be like, Horizon 2: New Dawn, would be better for marketing. Only something less cringe than new dawn. Could that happen? idk if Horizon alone is trademarked.

"Horizon zero dawn 2" sounds like if Halo 2 were called Halo Combat Evolved 2. Not great IMO

Vawn

Banned
Do we think the HZD sequel will be called HZD2? That seems pretty clunky to me, I think re branding as Horizon, and having the Title be like, Horizon 2: New Dawn, would be better for marketing. Only something less cringe than new dawn. Could that happen? idk if Horizon alone is trademarked.

"Horizon zero dawn 2" sounds like if Halo 2 were called Halo Combat Evolved 2. Not great IMO

Maybe it will be Horizon One Dawn.

cryptoadam

Banned
Nintendo leaks have taught me leaks are generally elaborate fakes.

Will be cool if some of its true. Alot of them are no brainers to eventually happen.

Sony and MS have been on cruise control riding out the gen so seeing both companies bring out bombs will be fun.

mortal

Gold Member
Classes, deep dialogue options, branching storyline, team members.
Y'know if rumors of Co-op turn out to be real, you just might get some of your wishes.
Narrative wise, I can see GG making the dialogue system even deeper and more consequential.

Gran turismo sport is already 4k and 60fps so thats a fake right there. New game will be called gran turismo 7. Redux is not a word polyphony will even use.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Last edited:
Top Bottom