• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR2 |OT| I heard it has a single cable. Is this true?

SilentUser

What's anyone think about colossal cave?
Sorry man, never played it. Wish I could help you =/
Which Wizards game is this? Is it The Wizards: Dark Times - Brotherhood? Is it good?
Yep, this one. Release last february, I think. Only played for about one our with my brother, so we were just testing things and dying a lot, but we had massive fun! I loved it. The resolution and graphics could be a little better, but it is good enough. Devs even said they are going to improve gfx and performance for the next two updates, according to their own roadmap. Dunno how it will impact PSVR2 version though, as they stated that in general (which means PSVR2, Quest and PCVR).

sncvsrtoip

👀
kbdur9s5j6uc1.png

13wbjthuo7uc1.png

Last edited:

Mr.ODST

Damn, though the references were pretty obvious, never knew the core team of SOUL SACRIFICE are the responsible for this title and they are even calling it the spiritual successor for Soul Sacrifice! H-Y-P-E!

Remember working on Soul Sacrifice, one of the only games I finished working on then went home and platinumed it with the team I worked with, such a good game

gunstarhero

Damn, though the references were pretty obvious, never knew the core team of SOUL SACRIFICE are the responsible for this title and they are even calling it the spiritual successor for Soul Sacrifice! H-Y-P-E!

Wow - out of nowhere? Or was I just sleeping through the first announcement?

Really loved SS on the Vita!

...and I just saw the trailer from last Thursday. Derp.

Last edited:

SilentUser

Remember working on Soul Sacrifice, one of the only games I finished working on then went home and platinumed it with the team I worked with, such a good game
I absolutely adored this game, had a blast playing it on Vita. Wish Sony would revive it so I could play with friends again on a big screen. I'm curious, what was your job on SS?

PanzerCute

Alright I just played the first hour/ chapter of Soul Covenant and I really dig it so far. Combat is a bit simple for now but it feels very good to play with nice feedback on sword impacts and good usage of haptics.

Production values are also great: graphics are sharp (a bit of aliasing tho), 3d model are pretty good and the overall aesthetic is nicely done: and if you loved Nier and Bayonetta like me, you are absolutely gonna love the universe. Musics are also great so far, very Nier and Soul Sacrifice in their DNA.

This also really feels like the spiritual successor of Soul Sacrifice, a game that I loved on PSVITA so, so far so good!

SilentUser

Alright I just played the first hour/ chapter of Soul Covenant and I really dig it so far. Combat is a bit simple for now but it feels very good to play with nice feedback on sword impacts and good usage of haptics.

Production values are also great: graphics are sharp (a bit of aliasing tho), 3d model are pretty good and the overall aesthetic is nicely done: and if you loved Nier and Bayonetta like me, you are absolutely gonna love the universe. Musics are also great so far, very Nier and Soul Sacrifice in their DNA.

This also really feels like the spiritual successor of Soul Sacrifice, a game that I loved on PSVITA so, so far so good!
Oh man! Great to hear about Soul Covenant, specially the part about being SS successor 😍

PanzerCute

Oh man! Great to hear about Soul Covenant, specially the part about being SS successor 😍
Its basically the same structure: you have logs (small and minimalistic cutscenes) before and after every fight, in which you relive the last moments of dead characters, and a lobby where you can upgrade your weapon.
So yeah, same old MH structure with same DNA of having a narrative puzzle made of small and sad stories that you relive in order to get the big picture of the story.

I just hope there is enough variety and some hard endgame content to grind with randoms online :d

PanzerCute

I played a bit more of Soul Covenant and I still really like it. My only issues with the game for now is that it's way too easy and combat is a bit simple, but it is still very fun to play.

I also played Big Shots for an hour and it is not bad at all. Mech mecanics are pretty fun, shooting is great and the game is very challenging. Graphics are very crisp and the game is buttery smooth.

PanzerCute

I spent a few hours with Big Shots and I am pretty mixed.

If the gameplay is really fun and well made, I was expecting a proper rogue lite with procedurally generated levels and mobs spawns, and not the same tiny maps repeted with the same waves of ennemies. It feels also very light on content.

The devs are doing an AMA on Reddit soon, hopefully they will detail some sort of roadmap, as to me the 25 bucks price tag feels too high right now.

fart town usa

Gold Member
I thought my Gaf days were over but to my surprise, I received an email about my Gold account renewing, lol. Oops.

This is good though because I can't find anywhere that has a good PSVR2 game discussion. I missed you guys.

PanzerCute PanzerCute , I'm loving Soul Covenant as well. I have to get back to work but I'll definitely share some thoughts tonight.

SilentUser SilentUser , nice seeing you buddy.

PanzerCute

I thought my Gaf days were over but to my surprise, I received an email about my Gold account renewing, lol. Oops.

This is good though because I can't find anywhere that has a good PSVR2 game discussion. I missed you guys.

PanzerCute PanzerCute , I'm loving Soul Covenant as well. I have to get back to work but I'll definitely share some thoughts tonight.

SilentUser SilentUser , nice seeing you buddy.
Yeah there are not many message boards regarding PSVR2 so better stay here haha.

Almost done with the campaign of Soul Covenant, I still like it even tho it could have had more content and more depth in its combat. Really hope they fix the serveurs now cause I want to play online!

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
Yeah there are not many message boards regarding PSVR2 so better stay here haha.

Almost done with the campaign of Soul Covenant, I still like it even tho it could have had more content and more depth in its combat. Really hope they fix the serveurs now cause I want to play online!
Yea, I'm near the end and could finish it but just trying to max out what I can for the first loop. Put in 8 hours so far.

I have a lot of things to say about this game and I agree, I really hope the servers are fixed soon because I think coop with a solid squad will be damn fun.

fart town usa

Gold Member

That's me in the dev discord who just replied to you. If that's not you then you have a doppelganger, lol.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Chaps how in the hell did youse get past the RE4 section where you cross the wooden bridge and enter a 2 storey barn with some NPC dude and then face an onslaught of villagers and then a bullshead bastard, I've given up on this game as I can't get past this level, I simply run out of bullets, my knife breaks and then I'm expected to fight off bullshead and even more villagers, I end up absolutely swamped on all sides, any tips??

sncvsrtoip

Chaps how in the hell did youse get past the RE4 section where you cross the wooden bridge and enter a 2 storey barn with some NPC dude and then face an onslaught of villagers and then a bullshead bastard, I've given up on this game as I can't get past this level, I simply run out of bullets, my knife breaks and then I'm expected to fight off bullshead and even more villagers, I end up absolutely swamped on all sides, any tips??
I finished on easy :pie_gsquint:

Top Bottom