• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Users May Soon Be Able to Have Other Players Complete Difficult Sections for Them

Banjo64

cumsessed
Correct. It's only possible by using PS+ cloud backup
My thread about my PS5 potentially breaking and and Sony wanting to charge me £240 has just taken on an even more retarded meaning :messenger_tears_of_joy:

At least MS sorted me out with 3 free replacement 360s.

Last edited:

wvnative

Right now using SharePlay you virtually "pass your controller" through internet to a friend, who can complete that area of the game where you are stuck playing via game streaming/remote play.

I assume that the different part in this patent is that the avatar of the other player would join your match and you'd see his character in your screen performing the stuff, instead of allowing your friend to take control of your character. He'd join your gameplay session as in a online multiplayer match, not needing game streaming/remote play.

Imagine you're playing on a Destiny single player campaign mission and got stuck. With this feature a player would join your match using his avatar spawning next tp where you are to help you. Now think the same but with basically any game, like Uncharted, Astro, TLOU, Horizon etc.

So like, hacking in a lego style drop in drop out? I have no idea how you would do this without a game being made for it.

I'd be happy if any of these companies could focus on maybe making some next gen games before they worry about all the nonsense shit they do worry bout....
Can't blame them when there's so few consoles out and they want to earn money.
I also want to get upset and blame the operating system staff for issues related to video game development and console manufacturing.

yurinka

I think it's more like you share a save file with the other person, asynchronously, and when you jump in again you're at the point the other person stopped playing.
Oh, that sound interesting if it's coop. Doesn't Elden Ring do something like this already?
So like, hacking in a lego style drop in drop out? I have no idea how you would do this without a game being made for it.
I have no idea, as usual the gaming 'journalist' didn't provide a source link and didn't properly describe the patent, which may be totally different and unrelated from what it's said in the article. Or may even be an old patend from 15 years ago.

Sony needs to get with Nintendo on this one. Whenever you're stuck and you need another player to beat a segment for you, you should see them on your screen as Luigi doing it for you.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I enjoy doing difficult parts, but I’ll take someone grinding away in an RPG for a 1% chance rare drop for me if they’re willing.

Lunarorbit

You’ve heard of RuneScape gold farmers

Now get ready for PlayStation platinum trophy farmers
There's a bunch of people on psn profiles that have over 5000 platinum trophies. It's gotta be groups of people I guess. Although the top point getter has 6 plats for 1 game so.....

RoboFu

One of the green rats
The new gold farming?

*! ~~~ best price to platinum GOW !!! MSG now!!! ~~~ !*

Last edited:
Top Bottom