• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus Free Games for October

Doczu

Owned and finished Last of Us, not interested in basketball. Hopefully enough people will complain so thst they change the game for something else, like with Fifa.

But have fun if you didn't play Last of Us... Do these people even exist?

GHG

Owned and finished Last of Us, not interested in basketball. Hopefully enough people will complain so thst they change the game for something else, like with Fifa.

But have fun if you didn't play Last of Us... Do these people even exist?

I've tried to play it a few times, didn't have fun.

Sue me.

ranmafan

I’m happy with the games in Japan. We get the same games, but due to the necessity (and ridiculousness) of Last of Us needing to be a discounted to 100 yen credit card charge game due to the cero z rating, we are also getting Abzu. Wanted to play that and mlb this year. Glad I waited. And I never got last of us on PS4 so that will be worth a replay.

Last edited:

brap

Banned
I don’t care for “cinematic” third-person action games. I had to be convinced to give the new God of War a shot, and that’s about as far as I’m willing to go in terms of that kind of game.
Should've played the stealth game instead of God of My Wife's Son: Dark Souls Edition.

shaddam

I know the baseball game should be good, but I'm not interested in sports games. Already own last of us (ps3 and ps4), but I'm happy, because I can kill some noobs in multiplayer :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Ar¢tos

Never played MLB, don't even know the rules of baseball. Do I need to play baseball in the game or can I just do team management?

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
TLOU has been on my ps4 since day one and I never played it again after the first half. Great game!

Are you joking with the baseball Sony? What about those of us outside of the US? I've never watched or played a minute of the sport before in my life, why would I want to play this game?

I've played rounders before, does that count?
Are you from Tasmania?

Coflash

Are you joking with the baseball Sony? What about those of us outside of the US? I've never watched or played a minute of the sport before in my life, why would I want to play this game?

I've never lived through an apocalypse either, but TLOU is very welcome ^_^

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Keep downvoting the PS+ video, maybe they'll change the lineup like they did with PES.

This is a very underwhelming month, I'm pretty sure everyone interested already owns TLoU on PS3 or PS4.

Last edited:

Geki-D

Banned
American cricket? Come on.

Cricket is to baseball as Base-ketball is to basketball.
I was being facetious, though it is true that outside of the US, I doubt many care for a baseball game. At least with PES it's only really the US who wouldn't be happy but the rest of the world actually likes football. Besides the US I think Japan like baseball? Yeah, this is a pretty sucky month and Sony should have replaced The Show with something else for Europe.

Hostile_18

Banned
Me during the start of the gen: "Give me good games or Knack god damn it"

Me during the rest of the gen: "I've already got too much to play, you'll find no quarter here good sir"

DelireMan7

Finally ! I can finally play The Last of Us.

When first released it didn't catch my attention. Then I heard about it but it wasn't my stuff at this time.
Then at one point, in my quest of playing "cult videogames", I put it on my list of "cult games I have to play". But it was already quite old and told myself to wait for it to be free on PSplus.

My patience is finally rewarded :)

Last edited:

Xeaker

That is so bad, how can they put a baseball game in October, maybe some Horror game would fit more here...

TUROK

I'd love to replay TLoU, and I'd be down to give The Show a shot. Y'all muthafuckas too closed minded.

sublimit

Banned
It would have been interesting to see how many people would still pay for this scum "service" if they made online play and cloud saves free (as they should have been.)

PS Plus has been a total disappointment this gen. I can't think of a single month it was worth paying for.
There was some amazing indie games earlier in the gen, especially when we was getting up to 5 games a month if you include PS3 & Vita.

But since going to the 2 PS4 games per month structure, Apart from Detroit i've been disappointed.

Well, I'll probably boot up The Show for 5 minutes to look at the pretty graphics and then i'll un-install. It's always a cop out when you include sports games. Those who are a fan of said sport probably already own the relevant title. If you're trying to make sports appeal to non sports fans, then it's not your job Sony. Feature games that a more universally broad and appealing.

It's like boy getting a party bag and it has princess makeup and a tiara in there.

Acidizer

Banned
Nice, didn't buy TLOUR but was thinking about it, enjoyed my time with the PS3 game.

Baseball for UK? Seems weird. But then again PS+ is kind of about getting to try new things.

The Shepard

The last of us multiplayer should be quite active next month so I'll be jumping in on that, and plan on running through the game for the 5th time.

I'd love killzone to be on plus even though I own it so the servers fill back up. I've not played that game for years.

The game has a huge RPG mode where you build and play a character through their career. Even if you don't care for baseball it can be addicting.

There are also a ton of other side modes to play, I mean if you give zero fucks about baseball I don't know if the game will convert anyone, but the package is way more than just picking a team and playing the sport.

MDSLKTR

That is so bad, how can they put a baseball game in October, maybe some Horror game would fit more here...

VjcDfcd.png

Last edited:

partime

Wonder if I'd still fall asleep 'playing' baseball vs just watching it.

I cannot wait to get into TLOU on my Pro, been wanting to play this again.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member

America loves Baseball, and so do YOU!

Succumb to your overlords.

I'm prolly one of the two europeans who might want to check out MLB. I hope it stays and won't get replaced like PES2019 earlier this year. It's my last PS+ month and MLB was always on my "buy on deep discount"-list, would like to check it out.

TLOU is a good game but everyone who was interested should've played it by now.

I join you in that statement. Curiously interested in MLB The Show to see what it is all about.

xrnzaaas

There was some amazing indie games earlier in the gen, especially when we was getting up to 5 games a month if you include PS3 & Vita.

But since going to the 2 PS4 games per month structure, Apart from Detroit i've been disappointed.

Well, I'll probably boot up The Show for 5 minutes to look at the pretty graphics and then i'll un-install. It's always a cop out when you include sports games. Those who are a fan of said sport probably already own the relevant title. If you're trying to make sports appeal to non sports fans, then it's not your job Sony. Feature games that a more universally broad and appealing.

It's like boy getting a party bag and it has princess makeup and a tiara in there.
Yeah it truly sucks that we don't get indies now. I think Horizon Chase Turbo was the only one since they've limited the offerings to 2 games. I discovered many small gems thanks to PS+, even in the last "full" month when they gave away Rogue Aces.

Javthusiast

Banned
Baseball and a game I already own. Sucks for me personally, but last of us remaster is good for people who don't have it yet and at a perfect time to play before part 2.

Boss Mog

I already own TLoU Remastered both physically and digitally and I have no interest in The Show but it's a great month for PS+ I think. These are both AAA games of high quality. I'd rather PS+ be AAA games I already own rather than shitty indie games that's for sure.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Been wanting to play The Show so I’m happy for that. Already finished Last of Us, but the remaster is nice.

Hestar69

Even though the TLOU has been like 9.00 great for people who don't have it you're in for a treat IMO. MLB 19 I've always wanted to play the show I just know it's gonna be 1000232302382 gigs and my ISP isnt gona love that with my data monthly limit (thanks com ASS)

Pejo

Two years ago, I'd never imagined I would be considering dumping PS+. Now, I've already cancelled my auto-renew and likely won't re-up in December when it runs out.

PS+ free games have gotten terrible. All console online services are a rip off at this point.

manfestival

They give us one of the highest selling playstation titles that has been around the last 2 generations... Who exactly is this for? I mean it is clearly a move to get more exposure to folks so they will buy TLOU2 but just LAAAAAAAAAME

MLB the show I can take or leave but I am willing to try it despite not liking baseball as a sport. It is fun to play with friends but that is about it

NickFire

They give us one of the highest selling playstation titles that has been around the last 2 generations... Who exactly is this for? I mean it is clearly a move to get more exposure to folks so they will buy TLOU2 but just LAAAAAAAAAME

MLB the show I can take or leave but I am willing to try it despite not liking baseball as a sport. It is fun to play with friends but that is about it
I'm 100% for it.

Shagger

Banned
I'm pretty much gonna echo similar sentiments as many others here. This may be two full bore, full roar AAA titles, but one is a game nobody wanted and the other is a game everyone's played. This may breath life into TLOU multiplayer again for short time, so maybe I'll get back into that once the game drops on PS+, but it's still a dissapointing month.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Even if you aren't a baseball fan, I would still take a look at the Show for it's graphical achievements, a lot of gamers say its the best looking sports franchise out there.

Top Bottom