• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty Modern Warfare III Multiplayer Trailer drops on October 3 at 7:00 AM PT

Draugoth

Gold Member

World Premiere of the #MW3 Multiplayer Trailer.

16 iconic maps modernized for fast-paced combat 🏃

Tune into #CODNext on October 5 for the premiere of live Multiplayer gameplay

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3: Open Beta Start Times​

Weekend 1: PlayStation​

October 6-7: PlayStation users who preorder (early access)

October 8-10: All PlayStation users

Weekend 2: Cross-play​

October 12-13: PC and Xbox users who preorder, plus all PlayStation members

October 14-16: Open beta for everyone, on all platforms

Last edited:

Fake

James Franco GIF

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Love the older style maps. Hopefully they dont modernize them with tons of rat mazy new layouts. Just give them new graphics and it'll be awesome.

For those of you who never played the old games (and assuming they dont really change the layouts), the older maps were more flat and more suited for all game styles whether youre a sniper or run and gun shotgunner. There's way less rat mazy corridors and rooms with 4 openings from all sides. Most second floor structures only had one or two openings. So you could get a good sniper holed up somewhere surrounded by claymores, and if you got through them he'd be ready with a shotgun or pistol. The older games were more about face to face gunplay. Not running around and trying to get a drop on someone because there's tons of openings, windows and corridors to run through.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
YT disabled showing the dislikes awhile back so people couldn't like review bomb there so in turn if something really does stink it wont show up
Pretty sad when they did that. Ok, reviewing bombing on purpose is one thing, but there's only so many true review bombs out there. All to cater to social media depressed crybabies not liking seeing dislikes.

It's like getting a report card in school and all you see are the good grades and comments.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Yeah, they are fully doubling down on the nostalgia factor with this one. I guess if you don't have enough creativity for innovation you have to pick that road.
Well for quite a while this game was going to essentially be a paid DLC to last years game and someone at HQ said "Wait, lets just remaster old maps and charge full price" and the powers that be celebrated

Happy Season 3 GIF by TallBoyz

Well for quite a while this game was going to essentially be a paid DLC to last years game and someone at HQ said "Wait, lets just remaster old maps and charge full price" and the powers that be celebrated

Happy Season 3 GIF by TallBoyz

I just feel bad for any newcomers to the game, they are going to get railed into the ground since most people that are currently playing will be bringing over all their upgraded/unlocked weapons...

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
The trailer some of those old maps looked really good, Terminal looked great loved that map
I loved Terminal.

I always camped best I could at the luggage cart that was right in the middle of the level by the turnstiles. It's an odd place to camp since there's 3 ways enemies can come at you. I'd plant one claymore in that middle library/bookstand and behind me near the corner. I'd do my best to scan all 3 laneways, but my main focus was crouching behind the luggage cart looking for enemies coming up the escalator lane. I'd even peak through the luggage as there was a hole big enough to shoot through. It was almost impossible for someone on that escalator side to kill you unless you got steamrolled with 3 enemies all charging you at once.

If that lane was clear I'd focus on the lane behind me. The middle lane (assuming someone got through the claymore), I'd pull out my shotgun secondary when they'd close to the cart.

If I could secure his spot, it'd make all enemies predictably respawn for my team outside or at the lobby at the bottom of the escalators. Only time I'd get burned is if my teammates were too aggressive making them spawn at the turnstiles and I get shot in the back. Thats when I'd know my team breached the spawn lines.

Last edited:

splattered

Shit looks good as to be expected.

I always preorder the more expensive versions where i can and then stop playing after a few months haha

Hopefully Zombies brings something decent to the table this year, Cold War was the last fun Zombies imo.

Looks fantastic. I normally hate rap music in game trailers, but the early 2000s of Eminem and 50 cent just hits different though and it has a lot of nostalgia for me. This was the music I listened to when I moved to America. It was a different era back them amazing nostalgic trailer.

MiguelItUp

Seeing this doesn't make me rush to preorder, but I guess we'll see. I'll probably end up pulling the trigger, but only time will tell. I just want new things to play and if there's nothing, it'll probably look more enticing, lol.

Last edited:
Those old maps definitely have me interested. SBMM has caused me to completely burn out on the last few CoD's very quickly, absolutely hate how sweaty every single lobby is. Removing that I could see myself really getting into this one. If it's the same as the last few games, nostalgic maps won't prevent burnout for long.

Top Bottom