• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation plus collection : turning a stellar offer into a complete mess.

waxer

Xsx should just visit this thread. Lots of tools in here.

Promotes ps5 and if you keep Ps4 can continue to play on that as well. Like if pass onto a child. Yes people can abuse by logging in a friend and adding games but I don't see how anyone can argue that's a bad thing for us

oagboghi2

It's super stingy of Sony, and kind of a middle finger to most of their paying customers.

Saying that a friend of mine from work is letting me log into hers, stick them in my library then I'll just delete my profile.

Which in fairness does also give me the added thrill of knowing I'm breaking their rules, so that's a bonus.
I honestly don't understand this mindset.

It's called: creat a problem and sell the solution.
One month ago you could use the online store to buy and redeem any game from ps3, psvita and ps4. When ps4 launched I was able to get many games before buying.
Now you can only use it for ps5 and ps4 games. Want to get ps+ collection for ps5? Buy a ps5. Great.

I get if you are a shareholder and make profit with those decisions, what I don't understand is a consumer who spends time defending the actions of multibilionary companies who take away their options in order to make profit.
This is ridiculous. Don't try to mask your greed and entitlement as Sony bring anti-consumer.

Sony was explicit that this was an offer to PS5 owners, specifically new owners who are new to the Sony ecosystem of franchises. It was never a gift to PS4 owners.

PS5 owners essentially bought the just like we bought Astro playroom

Last edited:

Skifi28

I get where the OP is coming from, but the collection saved me like a 100 euros so I can't really complain.

The PS+ Collection can wait til you get a PS5.
So far it has grown in size since first announced.
Sure. Only if this does not have an end date and rotates out of ps+.

The thing that i found very nice with ps+ while transitionning from ps3 to ps4 was the hability to stack ps4 games even if i did not have a ps4. My first ps4 was a ps4 pro.

The message from Sony is clear only if ps+ collection does not have an end date.

I honestly don't understand this mindset.

This is ridiculous. Don't try to mask your greed and entitlement as Sony bring anti-consumer.

Sony was explicit that this was an offer to PS5 owners, specifically new owners who are new to the Sony ecosystem of franchises. It was never a gift PS4 owners.

PS5 owners essentially bought it just like we bought Astro playroom
OMG
Dude, are you for real? As I said, I'm unable to understand people who defends these decisions but whatever.

Now I would like to apologise for anyone who complained about something Sony did and I said it wasn't a problem just because it didn't impact my life. I'm sorry.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Not only is this a dumb integration, but it fucks over PS4 owners that don't own a PS5, by making them pay the SAME PRICE for PLUS and artificially gating content that obviously WORKS on their machines.

Not enough is said on how fucked up this is that Sony did this.

PS4 PS PLUS should be called PS MINUS, MINUS about 20 games.

You're faking. Stop it.

oagboghi2

OMG
Dude, are you for real? As I said, I'm unable to understand people who defends these decisions but whatever.

Now I would like to apologise for anyone who complained about something Sony did and I said it wasn't a problem just because it didn't impact my life. I'm sorry.
There is nothing to defend. Sony offering an incentive to customers isn't a crime.

Last edited:

Ol'Scratch

I am fairly sure that they were quite clear that the collection was for PS5 owners. If understanding that was an issue, that is on you.
Those saying it is not fair need to grow a spine. This is not the hill to die on.

bitbydeath

Sure. Only if this does not have an end date and rotates out of ps+.

The thing that i found very nice with ps+ while transitionning from ps3 to ps4 was the hability to stack ps4 games even if i did not have a ps4. My first ps4 was a ps4 pro.

The message from Sony is clear only if ps+ collection does not have an end date.

I doubt it’ll end. There may be game rotations though, we’ll have to wait and see.

There is nothing to defend. Sony offering an incentive to customers isn't a crime.
Sure. But people like me thought that you could add those games to your collection (not play them) without having the actual console, like it was possible for ps4 and psvita.
I found this stealth update on the playstation app sneaky and not straight. That's all.

JSoup

Banned
Bro, calm down.

There'll be a patch for this.

If they put out a patch specifically addressing this at all, it'll be to block PSN accounts that don't have an active PS5 assigned as primary from touching the freebies at all to prevent people from just logging in from a friends system to get them.

Last edited:

Camreezie

So you were trying to cheat the system and cant essentially? This is an offer for ps5 owners, I mean it's an incentive for people who upgraded early like the 3DS had that ambassador program with SNES games. Comes off as very entitled

White-fire

OP has no idea of the business behind this move. For all we know Sony could have worked out a lower price to add all of these games to the collection since the PS5 has a much smaller install base at the initial launch. This means less people will get them. If they included them on PS+ to keep forever for PS4 users as well the developers of these games and Sony themselves would lose on future PS4 and PS5 purchasers that didn’t get a PS5 day one. This is because they would have just offered these games to 55 million plus subscribers (and the accounts they share the subscription with). The PS5 would have about 8 million subscribers when this is all said and done.

Or the developers only agreed to add these games if they restricted access to PS4 users. There’s no other way in my mind Sony could have added all these games at one time if not for the two points I mentioned above.

Yet we have the OP talking out of his behind as if he knows what the terms of these games may or may not be and that Sony is screwing you. Sony never promised these benefits to PS4 owners! You don’t lose anything by having a PS4, it’s just a benefit to those who have a PS5. They literally didn’t even need to make the collection.

A.Romero

Oh shit, the entitlement.

I don't see what is wrong here. They are promoting migration to the new gen not patting customers in the head.

OP has no idea of the business behind this move. For all we know Sony could have worked out a lower price to add all of these games to the collection since the PS5 has a much smaller install base at the initial launch. This means less people will get them. If they included them on PS+ to keep forever for PS4 users as well the developers of these games and Sony themselves would lose on future PS4 and PS5 purchasers that didn’t get a PS5 day one. This is because they would have just offered these games to 55 million plus subscribers (and the accounts they share the subscription with). The PS5 would have about 8 million subscribers when this is all said and done.

Or the developers only agreed to add these games if they restricted access to PS4 users. There’s no other way in my mind Sony could have added all these games at one time if not for the two points I mentioned above.

Yet we have the OP talking out of his behind as if he knows what the terms of these games may or may not be and that Sony is screwing you. Sony never promised these benefits to PS4 owners! You don’t lose anything by having a PS4, it’s just a benefit to those who have a PS5. They literally didn’t even need to make the collection.
Read all my posts first and then we can talk.

Dr.Morris79

I've got two ;)

JE3uoad.jpg

Kokoloko85

Lol. Ive been enjoying it. I never got Days Gone, Crash, Final Fantasy 15 Royale. So Im happy.

Coming on here after playing the PS5 this week makes me realise theres so much bullshit and constant FUD or trying to put the console down from people on neogaf says that doesnt matter.

Its not a mess

Elcid

Banned
Its an incentive to buy a PS5 and subscribe. Buy a PS5 and get our top games included. Why would they give the games to PS4 owners?

A PS4 owner now knows I don't have to buy all those games from PSN. I can buy a PS5 and have a couple hundred dollars worth of games included.
^ really don’t understand why you feel entitled to all those games for free.

Valonquar

It's neat that there's PS4 owners that didn't somehow already have nearly every game in the PS+ collection already in their library. Only one I didn't have was Days Gone, which I specifically didn't get because I could tell it would be a freebie down the line.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
When you can play them on a ps4 ?? I don't understand why i can't add them now on my library (and play them later when i'll grab a ps5).

One paying subscriber having access to a ps5 10 minutes to log in can add the games to its library and not me ??

They are PS4 games running in BC. So of course they're playable on PS4. But you need a PS5 to get them, that's the point of the entire thing.

Bugsnax is a PS5 game, so it doesn't matter that you can add it to your library without a PS5, because you still need one to play it.

I don't understand the problem.

recursive

When i learned about ps+ collection in the second ps5 reveal, i instantly thought Sony got a winner.
With a very small investment, you had access to a selection of the best games from last gereration.
I thought is was a genius idea for both reasons :
- it makes ps5 very attractive for people who did not have a ps4
- it was a nice bonus for ps4 owners to anticipate the transition to ps5.

So i thought this was the way it was going to work :
- the collection would be playable on ps5 only to entice ps4 owners to upgrade
- you could grab the collection when ps5 launches and add the games to your library if you had an active ps+ account. As when you could stack vita games without owning a vita.

But now i read that in order to add the ps+ collection games to your library, you need to do it from a ps5 ! So if you don't have one, you can't !
And when you do, the games are playable on a ps4 ???
Why can't i add those games to my library from the app as i'm a ps+ subscriber and make those playable only on ps5 when i'll get one ? I don't have any friend who has a ps5 yet...
If there is an end date to ps+collection, there is going to be such an uproar on current ps+ subscribers without a ps5.

But, at the same time i can add ps5 bugsnax on my library !

A total mess !
Don't be a pauper. Buy a ps5 and stop bitching.

Azurro

Banned
It's called: creat a problem and sell the solution.
One month ago you could use the online store to buy and redeem any game from ps3, psvita and ps4. When ps4 launched I was able to get many games before buying.
Now you can only use it for ps5 and ps4 games. Want to get ps+ collection for ps5? Buy a ps5. Great.

I get if you are a shareholder and make profit with those decisions, what I don't understand is a consumer who spends time defending the actions of multibilionary companies who take away their options in order to make profit.

This is what people complain about when people say gamers are entitled. Don't be like this, be better.

Sure. But people like me thought that you could add those games to your collection (not play them) without having the actual console, like it was possible for ps4 and psvita.
I found this stealth update on the playstation app sneaky and not straight. That's all.

You too, stop acting like a child. It's a promotion, you misunderstood, the end. You'll get the collection once you upgrade to a PS5.

Last edited:

Javthusiast

Banned
There being workarounds doesn't negate the obvious fact that it's to encourage you to buy a PS5.

Me being able to add them now encourages me to buy a ps5 when those fuckers become available exactly the same way as it only being available to activate through ps5 does. It wouldn‘t be a problem if it was made clear whether the collection stays permanently available to claim, cause if not people without a ps5 now are fucked over.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I don't recall this offer being for PS4 regardless if you can play them on it once redeem or not.

Keihart

The games are PS4 native so unless they made some different skus or something for the ones in PSplus collection, it was the only way of locking them in PS5.
I honestly feel that they shouldn't be locked on PS5, but it is what it is.

Lukin1978

I thought it was very obvious from the start this was for new ps5 owners only i really don't see how any one didn't understand this.

EDMIX

So i thought this was the way it was going to work :
- the collection would be playable on ps5 only to entice ps4 owners to upgrade

Ok...so if you know this ^ how on Earth are you then confused about this?

But now i read that in order to add the ps+ collection games to your library, you need to do it from a ps5

"When you can play them on a ps4 ?"

Ok.....they are PS4 games, why would they not be playable on PS4?

Last edited:

sainraja

Its an incentive to buy a PS5 and subscribe. Buy a PS5 and get our top games included. Why would they give the games to PS4 owners?

A PS4 owner now knows I don't have to buy all those games from PSN. I can buy a PS5 and have a couple hundred dollars worth of games included.

Yeah, but it still benefits Sony to allow people who have already invested into them to be able to play those.

WillFerrallIfeellikeI'mtakingcrazypills.gif

It's meant as a gift or incentive for early adopters . Nothing more, nothing less , it's a nice bonus for getting a ps5 . Kinda like those ambassador games with the original 3ds Nitendo gave shortly after its launch.

Top Bottom