• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS3/PS4) | March 2014

Flandy

FFX-2

Sorry i couldn't resist
har har

Luftrausers and Steamworld Dig.

I heard good things about the latter when it released on 3DS last summer.

If I weren't buried by the backlog I'd have bought it D1.

Same for Fez, coming just a week after :(

Luftrausers looks amazing. Not really interested in Steamworld.
Will have to thank about getting Luftrausers to go towards the spend 60 get 10 promotion

Sorry. I played a few hours of the game, and really didn't think it was all that good of an actual game. Funny yes, but not something I would hold up as the shining beacon of AAA gaming that Vita owners are missing out on. Though a touchscreen would help with the terrible battle menus.

Flandy

Sorry. I played a few hours of the game, and really didn't think it was all that good of an actual game. Funny yes, but not something I would hold up as the shining beacon of AAA gaming that Vita owners are missing out on. Though a touchscreen would help with the terrible battle menus.

I haven't played South Park. I said wat because I could not understand your post no matter how many times I read it

I haven't played South Park. I said wat because I could not understand your post no matter how many times I read it

I personally found South Park to be painfully linear, rather short, and offered no reason to replay it. The humor covers up what is a somewhat clunky, short, and dull game to actually play.

ZeroAKA

The 3DS either.

Nintendo first-party support was great in 2013 though.
Has the 3DS been getting much press? I don't really pay attention to Nintendo news anymore, to be honest.

I'd rather have 3-4 interesting indies than what passes for a AAA game these days.
Many western AAA games don't interest me either, but there is unfortunately no way that Vita will get mainstream press if all it has are indies and niche Japanese games.

VLiberty

I'd rather have a nice mixture of both but that's just me :l

Me too, unfortunately Vita has very few of them... :/

However, seeing how handhelds are doing nowadays, I think it could be much worse...

Paging wilflare to buy these. I believe he made Steamworld happen with a tweet.
IIRC the developers came on this thread(Vita only, at the time) right after the original release of SWD saying they were interested in making it happen on Vita.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
What what

Okay. I have my battleplan to abu- take advantage of the $60 for $10 deal.
FFX HD Vita - $39.99
Luftrausers - $7.99
= $47.98
Which leaves $12.02 left to spend to get the $10 that I'll be using for Fez. I currently have $64.61 in my wallet which means my upper bound for spending is $16.63.

Now here's the tricky part, pay attention now, PSGAF gets to decide how I spend the rest. Or else I'm just gonna buy a ton of FF13-2 DLC, and nobody wants that. Minimum $12.02 - Maximum $16.63. Some weird Japanese game? Some indie that needs another copy in hands? I almost don't care. But I don't know what to get. I already have everything I really want T_T

What what

FFX HD Vita - $39.99
Luftrausers - $7.99
= $47.98
Which leaves $12.02 left to spend to get the $10 that I'll be using for Fez. I currently have $64.61 in my wallet which means my upper bound for spending is $16.63.

Now here's the tricky part, pay attention now, PSGAF gets to decide how I spend the rest. Or else I'm just gonna buy a ton of FF13-2 DLC, and nobody wants that. Minimum $12.02 - Maximum $16.63. Some weird Japanese game? Some indie that needs another copy in hands? I almost don't care. But I don't know what to get. I already have everything I really want T_T

LBP Vita just had a price drop. :)

graywolf323

alright I'm gonna order a 64GB soon and trying to decide where the best (and most affordable) place to get one is

there are a couple sellers on Amazon that have it for $108 with Prime which is rather tempting and then I also know of Nippon Yasan which would be around $102 shipped but not get here for ~10 days or SuperUFO which would be ~$96 but take 1-3 weeks

leaning towards spending a little bit more and getting it soonest from the third party sellers on Amazon Marketplace

VLiberty

What what

FFX HD Vita - $39.99
Luftrausers - $7.99
= $47.98

Runner 2 is on sale for 3.50€/i guess 3.50$?/ until next week
EDIT: My bad, I thought Fez was part of the 60$ you were going to spend. So, you have 12€ to spend. Other than Runner 2, there's Dokuro which now costs 2.99€ ($?). And if you haven't got them already, there are Velocity Ultra and Txk

I take the chance to repost this:

U-D_Dimensions_Teaser_1.jpg
http://thevitalounge.net/mysterious-screens-for-upcoming-upside-down-dimensions/

coolasj19

If inFamous wasn't one of my favorite franchises, I'd feel the same way. Cannot contain my hype for it, I'm constantly fighting to avoid spoilers
Me too. GAF and N4G are making it really hard though =[
LBP Vita just had a price drop. :)
$17.99 dude. I'M NOT MADE OUT OF MONEY.
I take the chance to repost this:
http://thevitalounge.net/mysterious-screens-for-upcoming-upside-down-dimensions/
I already own both the Vita and PS3 version. Those screens like like The Puppeteer and Rag Doll Kung Fu...

ZeroAKA

alright I'm gonna order a 64GB soon and trying to decide where the best (and most affordable) place to get one is

there are a couple sellers on Amazon that have it for $108 with Prime which is rather tempting
I bought mine from Amazon. I also looked into Nippon Yasan and Yes Asia, but Amazon is the way to go if you want to get it quickly for the cheapest price (assuming you have Prime). My 64 GB card should arrive on Monday. :)

Some questions:

1. Do I have to wait until tuesday for buying MGS for PS4 or is there an option to preorder on PSN? Can't seem to find it on the web store but maybe I'm doing something wrong...

2. If I have to wait until tuesday, does that purchase goes towards the buy $60 get $10 promo?

3. Is Towefall multiplayer online or offline only?

maouvin

Some questions:

1. Do I have to wait until tuesday for buying MGS for PS4 or is there an option to preorder on PSN? Can't seem to find it on the web store but maybe I'm doing something wrong...

2. If I have to wait until tuesday, does that purchase goes towards the buy $60 get $10 promo?

1 - There's indeed no preorder up :(

3 - Offline only.

No idea on 2.

Shahadan

Is Flower Vita worth it? I'd think it's best appreciated on a powerful machine but I really don't know. Been interested for a while now but can wait to get a ps4 to try it if it's a better solution.

Considering the Vita's sales, I'm thankful that they are still supporting the platform and bringing indies or any games at all.

It's now my main gaming platform so I'm glad to see the support.

Also, how are MGS 2&3 HD?

coolasj19

I'm really tempted to get Terraria but I get the feeling it will go on sale within the next month :l
It definitely will. Just buy it anyway yo. Go ask the devs on Twitter. Say you won't buy it regardless if they don't respond. I'll be good cop you be bad cop.
Some questions:

Yes.
Yes.
No. Offline only.

coolasj19

Is Flower Vita worth it? I'd think it's best appreciated on a powerful machine but I really don't know. Been interested for a while now but can wait to get a ps4 to try it if it's a better solution.
Not really. Only touch and gyro controls and sub-native. But it is a smooth 60fps. Honest it looks and plays better via Remote Play. It looks drop dead gorgeous super sampled to hell.
Considering the Vita's sales, I'm thankful that they are still supporting the platform and bringing indies or any games at all.

It's now my main gaming platform so I'm glad to see the support.

Also, how are MGS 2&3 HD?
I know right? It basically has PS4 parity as of right now. They are good ports.

Flandy

It definitely will. Just buy it anyway yo. Go ask the devs on Twitter. Say you won't buy it regardless if they don't respond. I'll be good cop you be bad cop.
lolwut. What would you say if you're the good cop?
I just bought it this week and was hesitant as well. I figured they'll hold the price strong to get those that are buying for the 1.2 patch that's incoming.
Maybe they'll have a sale when 1.2 comes out to get people hyped to buy it :O
When does the 1.2 patch release?

coolasj19

lolwut. What would you say if you're the good cop?

Maybe they'll have a sale when 1.2 comes out to get people hyped to buy it :O
When does the 1.2 patch release?
Good point. Good cop always goes first. Let me go tweet them.

Speculation and conjecture!

lakers

Neo Member

It's cross buy so if you get it on vita now you can download it on ps3/ps4 for free when you get one

coolasj19

GAF, decide for me: for that 60 get 10 deal which one should I get:
FFX/FFX2 and Danganronpa or FFX/FFX2 and Miku.
Decide for me, GAF.
Miku is already confirmed to be never ever ever getting a discount. Soooooooo, might as well do it now.

wilflare

Paging wilflare to buy these. I believe he made Steamworld happen with a tweet.

lol. :X you give me more credit than due
(unless u are being sarcastic :p)

think the dev was pretty interested in the first place... just been talking (or badgering) them to consider Vita since the game's release on 3DS
(DO THE GAME SOME JUSTICE and have it on the VITA!)

in any case, it's gonna be native res. I'm definitely getting... and blowing my Spend 60, get 10 back.

what are the release dates? lol

I rather play.. Raven Rush :p

RalchAC

3.50€ is on Europe, right? It's hard to resist at that price. Maybe I'd buy it tomorrow when I wake up.

Do we know something about the game outside the pics?

GAF, decide for me: for that 60 get 10 deal which one should I get:

FFX/FFX2 and Danganronpa or FFX/FFX2 and Miku.

Decide for me, GAF.

Okay. Buy FFX/FFX2 and Miku because:

A) Danganronpa 2 has already been announced for localization. You can support it next month and anything will happen. They're already happy with its sales.
B) Miku 2nd hasn't a localization announcement. You probably want the sequel, so you should support SEGA to prove them there is a audience for the game on the Vita here in the West too.

That's my reasoning.

wilflare

WAIT
where are you people getting the release dates for Luft and Steamworld? I don't see it on the PSN Blog

and SCEA - We need a Vita Localization team already (Nintendo has one... although it focuses on Nintendo First Party games) BUT COME ON

Top Bottom