• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Is Hiring For A Manager To Identify "Inorganic Growth Opportunities Through Acquisitions & Investments"

Dr_Ifto

It’ll definitely be a publisher or an IP play. I expect them to run ‘independently’ of PlayStation Studios and run as multiplatform, but SIE having the IP to leverage in the future and have more say in growing markets like subscriptions, cloud and mobile.
Dont forget TV, Movies, Lunch Boxes, and T-Shirts

TrueGrime

That's what I'm saying, "if it is just SE" because those games are already exclusive. But what if Sony takes off Take-Two, Ubisoft, CDPR, Capcom, EA, etc.?

The hope is that Sony can't secure those really big publishers. That's exactly what I was saying in my post.

If Sony does make a big move, against what Xbox fans are hoping for, there will be carnage.

If Sony bought any of those publishers, it'll be carnage not because Xbox fans would lose out, but EVERYONE other than Playstation owners would lose out. I'm sure PC-only owners would love to wait a year plus for a shitty GTA port to be available where no one would know the exact date of the end of Sony's "console exclusivity", since you know, they like to sell consoles first.

Last edited:
Dont forget TV, Movies, Lunch Boxes, and T-Shirts
Why not eh?

Capcom and SE make the most sense and are within their range. SE have some elements that could be sold off to make the publisher more valuable to Sony.

I really don’t foresee Sony buying a big publisher and having everything go exclusive. They are too smart for that. At best they’d limit those games to their own sub system after they’ve made bank at retail or digital.

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
If Sony bought any of those publishers, it'll be carnage not because Xbox fans would lose out, but EVERYONE other than Playstation owners would lose out. I'm sure PC-only owners would love to wait a year plus for a shitty GTA port to be available where no one would know the exact date of the end of Sony's "console exclusivity", since you know, they like to sell consoles first.
But Sony has no obligation to release games on anything other than PlayStation. If they are releasing games on PC, it is a bonus for PC users.

And if they buy something (which is technically fair play), they own those games and are free to do what they want to do with it.

Regardless, another reason why consolidation is bad and people should not have been cheering for Zenimax and ABK just to stick it to other camp.

yurinka

I’m well aware what organic growth is in the corporate world, it’s also used in farming and the military.
It was all in jest to see who would get triggered….

What you didn’t address was the inorganic growth of Sony’s music and film studios. But only matters now to Sony in video games.
TO MAKE THIS CLEAR: I have no problem with these buyouts what so ever. In fact I secretly root for it because after all this is a FREE market. And nobody playing in a free market should be told by another human being who shits and piss’s the same way do weather they can buy or not.

Any govern body of human beings is going to have a bias towards one thing over another.
Yes, I didn't adress music and film studios because this is a gaming forum, we were talking about videogames and in this specific case about SIE/Sony's gaming division.

In the same way that regarding MS we were talking about their gaming acquisitions and not the ones in other unrelated divisions like AI etc.

I prefer a free market, but controlled by regulators to make sure competition is protected from monopolistic actions, including the ones that could be made by my favorite company.

Last edited:

TrueGrime

But Sony has no obligation to release games on anything other than PlayStation. If they are releasing games on PC, it is a bonus for PC users.

And if they buy something (which is technically fair play), they own those games and are free to do what they want to do with it.

Regardless, another reason why consolidation is bad and people should not have been cheering for Zenimax and ABK just to stick it to other camp.

Cheering for the ABK deal doesn't have to be a console war, stick it to the other camp deal. For me, it's just another way to consume media other than a full-price buy. I bought Diablo to play it for the first time and winded up just liking it for a few hours. This is exactly why Game pass is great for consumers. I mean, I don't subscribe to it just to play one off games, but I have found gems in it that I wouldn't never played otherwise.

You're right though. When these companies acquire they own these IPs and they're free to do whatever they want with them, which is why I'm not sure why there's a fuss about some ABK and Bethesda games going exclusives. Even ones that are still in pre-production.

Sony and MS have two different sell philosophies, and I understand that. One is the sell consoles and the other is to sell subs.

Sanepar

Cheering for the ABK deal doesn't have to be a console war, stick it to the other camp deal. For me, it's just another way to consume media other than a full-price buy. I bought Diablo to play it for the first time and winded up just liking it for a few hours. This is exactly why Game pass is great for consumers. I mean, I don't subscribe to it just to play one off games, but I have found gems in it that I wouldn't never played otherwise.

You're right though. When these companies acquire they own these IPs and they're free to do whatever they want with them, which is why I'm not sure why there's a fuss about some ABK and Bethesda games going exclusives. Even ones that are still in pre-production.

Sony and MS have two different sell philosophies, and I understand that. One is the sell consoles and the other is to sell subs.
Nothing sustain the argument to cheering for consolidatoion besides fanboysm or the pipe dream that gamepass will keep cheap.

Consolidation is not good for consumers doesn't matter the company.

But for sure now will come the consequences of ABK deal.

Oh shit!!! Inorganic?!?

No more free-range devs. Sony's gonna battery-farm games from here on out, amirite?

white teeth troll GIF

I hope so, and I expect the same popular and press support when Sony buys a publisher, people applauding Ryan when he says he wants to bring the game to more players, saying gaming wins and good for the competition (just kidding, I wait for all the press crying for the consolidation of the industry and that the purchases are bad xDDD)

TrueGrime

Nothing sustain the argument to cheering for consolidatoion besides fanboysm or the pipe dream that gamepass will keep cheap.

Consolidation is not good for consumers doesn't matter the company.

But for sure now will come the consequences of ABK deal.

Not really a pipe dream that Starfield is simply going to just show up on game pass without me doing anything. Consolidation happens in every industry and every industry has managed to adapt to it. It's been happening in gaming for quite awhile, but for some reason (and I think we know) the consolidation fear seems to have sprung out of thin air all of a sudden.

ulantan

That's what is so crazy. people really don't believe sony have the money to do anything so "It's OK for Microsoft to buy publishers because they won't hold games off of PC" but the moment sony buys someone like capcom and RE 9 doest show up on PC day one, they are gonna cry foul. Not mentioning that this is the senario they cheered for.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
That's what is so crazy. people really don't believe sony have the money to do anything so "It's OK for Microsoft to buy publishers because they won't hold games off of PC" but the moment sony buys someone like capcom and RE 9 doest show up on PC day one, they are gonna cry foul. Not mentioning that this is the senario they cheered for.
Yep, as I said their only hope is that Sony doesn't have enough money/willingness to buy a big publisher. Sooner or later they will buy something that minimizes Xbox's game library, and then we will just see the negative reaction.

And even if Sony decides not to spend $5 billion to acquire a studio, they can spend only 20% of that and can get like 10 AAA games exclusives for that money -- to compensate for the loss of Zenimax and ABK games. We'll also hear tons of complaints about that lol.

POKEYCLYDE

I'm interested to see who Sony will go for. Capcom would be the best bang for their buck.

Square Enix would make the most sense if they want to keep that relationship strong (if marketshare shifts closer to 50/50 between Playstation and Xbox, Square Enix might not be as willing to do exclusivity agreements), so Sony might want to lock SE down.

Kadokawa comes with a lot of non-gaming stuff. Not sure the price tag would be worth FromSoftware. But FromSoft is goated. It might be worth it. Same with Konami, the IP isn't worth the price of Konami.

CDPR or Larian would shore up the western RPG front. Though I'm pretty sure CDPR doesn't want to sell.

EA and Take Two are lofty. I don't think Sony would want to deal with the regulatory hassle of such massive acquisitions and probably end up without any strategic benefit.

Anyways, I'm interested to see what they go for next and what kind of regulatory scrutiny/process they'll be under if they decide to go for a big player. But I mean, Sony has made something like 5 or 6 acquistions while Microsoft has been tied up with Activision. This job posting means very little in actuality.

TrueGrime

Yep, as I said their only hope is that Sony doesn't have enough money/willingness to buy a big publisher. Sooner or later they will buy something that minimizes Xbox's game library, and then we will just see the negative reaction.

And even if Sony decides not to spend $5 billion to acquire a studio, they can spend only 20% of that and can get like 10 AAA games exclusives for that money -- to compensate for the loss of Zenimax and ABK games. We'll also hear tons of complaints about that lol.

I guarantee you'll hear more console wars cheering for a Sony acquisition than Xbox fans crying about Sony exclusivity. Lol. Been there, done that. My response would probably be.. oh wow! Another Sony exclusive? Oh no. Anyway. Back to Starfield.

TrueGrime

Microsoft has set the bar for what one company is willing to pay to purchase another. Square, Capcom, and From make sense. EA, T2, Ubi will be off limits unless Sony really throws down some cash. Regulatory bodies might have a bit of a fit at the market leader going after those, but the big publishers are doing just fine. Fine enough to not want to be bought. Honestly, I think MS got lucky with ABK going to absolute shit over the year before, you know, Diablo raked in 600mil. The scandals also pushed the sale I believe.

Last edited:

cireza

Not surprised. Their hand is being forced by MS wallet

Shit really because of whoever they buy will probably make their games exclusive.

Thanks Phil. Not only making gamers missing out on games; you're forcing the competition to do the same.
MS started buying publishers to secure content for its users, as explained by Spencer.

You know, that very content that was being bought as exclusive/temporary exclusive/exclusive DLC and all that shit which Sony was fond of.

Who forced who already ?

Last edited:

sainraja

Sony has been opening itself up to releasing games on the PC. I know it is not day and date right now but who knows, that can change in the future once they've got a handle on it.

MS started buying publishers to secure content for its users, as explained by Spencer.

You know, that very content that was being bought as exclusive/temporary exclusive/exclusive DLC and all that shit which Sony was fond of.

Who forced who already ?
Yeah, something that Microsoft has done and still does, sure their cost for doing it has gone up but that's no one else's fault lol. If you really want to make this silly argument, which is circular, given they all do it, one can argue that Sony is making these deals with popular IPs pre-emptively (using their position in the market to their advantage), so Microsoft does not, because as we know, during the X360 gen, they were fond of it as well.

So, was it Microsoft? Was it Sony? OR was it Nintendo... wait, maybe Atari? Which came first... the chicken or the egg?

In this thread, we're discussing how Sony should respond to what MS has started... I guess years down the road, if things remain the same, we will find you arguing "....all that shit which Sony was fond of" except you will be saying this in reference to their securing of content by buying publishers.

Last edited:

TrueGrime

Who forced who already ?

Full exclusivity aside, the third party moneyhats of games and content really do hurt the competition. Getting games a year after release stifles platforms. I mean, it was one of the reasons I bought a PS5 knowing that any number of 3rd party games could become moneyhats and I'd have to keep waiting. Even PC wasn't getting those moneyhats Day 1. You can't look at Sony's culture of exclusives, then look at Microsoft's reaction and say, "Consolidation sucks for everyone, look at what Microsoft has started." Like.. what? Lol. Microsoft purchasing publishers is a direct reaction to Sony's aggressive push to starve their competitor of 3rd party games and content.

Xbox had to stop that kind of bleeding, so their answer was to throw their capital around a buy big.

It is what it is, but the funniest part of it are the, "I bet Xbox fans are going to cry foul when Sony buys a publisher and makes X games exclusives." Like, yes. Sony will make X games console exclusives. Yes, it'll suck for some. Yes, that's business as usual for Sony. Yes, also PC players would pay the price for Sony exclusivity. No, Xbox didn't start this train. Lol. This is literally a reap what you sow situation for Sony and they have been perfecting exclusivity since the 90s.

Who forced who already ?
Hahaha. Classic Sony fault; like clockwork. poor ms they couldn't afford to secure marketing deals, yet spent 100 million on tomb raider or 9 billion on zenimax.

How could anyone compete with temporary exclusive dlc. Oh the horror.

So buying the entire industry is the solution?

sainraja

Full exclusivity aside, the third party moneyhats of games and content really do hurt the competition. Getting games a year after release stifles platforms. I mean, it was one of the reasons I bought a PS5 knowing that any number of 3rd party games could become moneyhats and I'd have to keep waiting. Even PC wasn't getting those moneyhats Day 1. You can't look at Sony's culture of exclusives, then look at Microsoft's reaction and say, "Consolidation sucks for everyone, look at what Microsoft has started." Like.. what? Lol. Microsoft purchasing publishers is a direct reaction to Sony's aggressive push to starve their competitor of 3rd party games and content.

Xbox had to stop that kind of bleeding, so their answer was to throw their capital around a buy big.

It is what it is, but the funniest part of it are the, "I bet Xbox fans are going to cry foul when Sony buys a publisher and makes X games exclusives." Like, yes. Sony will make X games console exclusives. Yes, it'll suck for some. Yes, that's business as usual for Sony. Yes, also PC players would pay the price for Sony exclusivity. No, Xbox didn't start this train. Lol. This is literally a reap what you sow situation for Sony and they have been perfecting exclusivity since the 90s.
The two companies in question, when having the dominant position in the market, have both engaged in securing DLC/exclusivity/content. During the PS3 gen, Sony responded by investing internally. Now we've obviously seen, how MS responds to the same type of behavior...

Not justifying it but the outcome of both actions is the same. Some of you are justifying your position simply by saying that only PlayStation users "lose" out when it comes to Xbox, ignoring that before Xbox got said thing, those IPs were available on all platforms, including Xbox.

It is, what it is. But one isn't better than the other lol.

Last edited:
i think they could grab up some of the japanese ones so playstation still has cool stuff if microsoft buys up everything. They aren’t going to sit by. Square, Capcom, Kadokawa, Bandai-Namco

cireza

Hahaha. Classic Sony fault; like clockwork.
Hahaha. Classic MS fault; like clockwork. poor Sony been buying exclusives for hundreds of millions for decades but couldn't afford Bethesda or Activision, and now everybody should be crying at them losing something.

So buying the entire industry is the solution?
So buying third party exclusives is a solution ? Nope, it sucks just as much. The only difference is that buying the industry is a solution Sony cannot afford.

TrueGrime

The two companies in question, when having the dominant position in the market, have both engaged in securing DLC/exclusivity/content. During the PS3 gen, Sony responded by investing internally. Now we've obviously seen, how MS responds to the same type of behavior...

Not justifying it but the outcome of both actions is the same. Some of you are justifying your position simply by saying that only PlayStation users "lose" out when it comes to Xbox, ignoring that before Xbox got said thing, those IPs were available on all platforms, including Xbox.

It is, what it is. But one isn't better than the other lol.

Those IPs were available across the board, but a good majority of them where being taken off the board by Sony's timed moneyhats. I mean, MS owned Zenimax for awhile and GW:T and Deathloop were still delayed on Xbox and Game pass for a year. Starfield would've suffered the same fate. Hell, a lot of games would've suffered the same fate. Microsoft has to stop that bleeding and instead of throwing money at individual studios and timed-exclusivity, they went the DEFCON route. 70 billion can buy you a lot of times exclusives, but owning those studios will guarantee you a sizeable portion of revenue.

Sony has outclassed Microsoft with exclusives since the PS2 and OG Xbox days. I hear a lot of, "Microsoft did it more when they were the market leader." I don't think this is true at all. I think Sony had more timed exclusives as well as complete exclusivity on Japanese imports. I'll check those numbers when I get the chance, but I'm standing firm that Sony has been more aggressive in the exclusivity culture than Microsoft.

I have to give it to Sony, they're good at picking up trendy words from the gaming community and using it to their advantage.
I actually think they're just okay at it. I think Microsoft/Xbox has them beat BIG TIME. I personally have almost always liked Xbox's marketing/PR over PlayStations. Yea, PS gets it "right" sometimes... but their batting avg is nowhere near as good as that of Xbox.

I think the fact that you can recognize the ones they use means it's not working on you. Their delivery doesn't really reach you the right way. They all do it, we are just more "susceptible" to some more than others.

sainraja

Those IPs were available across the board, but a good majority of them where being taken off the board by Sony's timed moneyhats.
Those IPs would eventually appear on the Xbox (again, not saying it's right, but it's not completely removed), and we both know that if the shoe were on the other foot, it'd be Microsoft doing the "moneyhats". The reason MS had to pay more to do the same wasn't because of Sony, unless you are forgetting how MS messed up at the start of the XONE? They had momentum from the X360. They stepped on their OWN foot and therefore lost their leverage when it comes to doing, what they had been during the X360 gen. They had secured GTA/DLC for COD, etc etc.

I mean, MS owned Zenimax for awhile and GW:T and Deathloop were still delayed on Xbox and Game pass for a year. Starfield would've suffered the same fate. Hell, a lot of games would've suffered the same fate. Microsoft has to stop that bleeding and instead of throwing money at individual studios and timed-exclusivity, they went the DEFCON route. 70 billion can buy you a lot of times exclusives, but owning those studios will guarantee you a sizeable portion of revenue.
Nothing was stopping them from doing the same as Sony, given they were masters at it during the X360 gen. I will repeat, yes, their cost of doing so would be higher (their own doing), but if they had done it, eventually it could "level" out. They just went with the nuclear option, which was simply to buy publishers outright.

Sony has outclassed Microsoft with exclusives since the PS2 and OG Xbox days. I hear a lot of, "Microsoft did it more when they were the market leader." I don't think this is true at all. I think Sony had more timed exclusives as well as complete exclusivity on Japanese imports. I'll check those numbers when I get the chance, but I'm standing firm that Sony has been more aggressive in the exclusivity culture than Microsoft.
I don't see how that matters or makes one of them better than the other. But this a bit pointless given how much MS's strategy when it comes to securing content, has changed, given their actions of late and Sony's also seems to be... given this thread.

Last edited:
Yes, I didn't adress music and film studios because this is a gaming forum, we were talking about videogames and in this specific case about SIE/Sony's gaming division.

In the same way that regarding MS we were talking about their gaming acquisitions and not the ones in other unrelated divisions like AI etc.

I prefer a free market, but controlled by regulators to make sure competition is protected from monopolistic actions, including the ones that could be made by my favorite company.
Yeah, I kinda figured you were gonna use the old “this is a video game forum”

It’s all entertainment regardless if it’s video games, film or music and Sony is neck deep in all three of those forms of entertainment.

None of the buyouts of any of these publishers/developers is going to cause a monopoly of any kind in the video game world wether if its Activision, Rockstar, EA and so on.

Fans of entertainment corporations need to stop looking into this world through a pin hole and stop given into fear mongering about the monopoly man.

yurinka

Yeah, I kinda figured you were gonna use the old “this is a video game forum”

It’s all entertainment regardless if it’s video games, film or music and Sony is neck deep in all three of those forms of entertainment.

None of the buyouts of any of these publishers/developers is going to cause a monopoly of any kind in the video game world wether if its Activision, Rockstar, EA and so on.

Fans of entertainment corporations need to stop looking into this world through a pin hole and stop given into fear mongering about the monopoly man.
Sony has gaming market share of around 15%, MS around 8% and ABK around 4%. Take 2 (Rockstar) and EA are even smaller.

So no, potential ABK, Take 2 or EA acquisitons wouldn't cause a monopoly in gaming. Even if alll 3 would be bought by the same company, MS or Sony.

Even in console: CoD PS MAU and revenue is for Sony under 8% of their MAU and revenue so to lose it wouldn't be a disaster. EA and Take 2 are smaller, so to lose them would be less important. In any case, for now they all will continue multiplatform.

Last edited:
Hahaha. Classic MS fault; like clockwork. poor Sony been buying exclusives for hundreds of millions for decades but couldn't afford Bethesda or Activision, and now everybody should be crying at them losing something.

So buying third party exclusives is a solution ? Nope, it sucks just as much. The only difference is that buying the industry is a solution Sony cannot afford.
I'm arguing in this thread that buying exclusive to stop others playing is bad but you're here like it's all sonys fault twice now.

360 is how old now ? Nearly 20 years? I want to see the receipts of Sony spending 100s of millions of dollars to stop Xbox getting them.

Whereas how many moneyhats were in the 360 genre? Again I'll quote tomb raider because they spent your quoted Sony figure just on one game.

I'll wait for all your receipts

yurinka

I'm arguing in this thread that buying exclusive to stop others playing is bad but you're here like it's all sonys fault twice now.

360 is how old now ? Nearly 20 years? I want to see the receipts of Sony spending 100s of millions of dollars to stop Xbox getting them.

Whereas how many moneyhats were in the 360 genre? Again I'll quote tomb raider because they spent your quoted Sony figure just on one game.

I assume that by 'Sony buying exclusives' he/she meant Sony paying for 3rd party exclusive deals.

I have no idea of what Sony spent on them during the almost 29 years of PS, but I'd bet it's hundreds of millions.

And well, it's also true that Sony signed/'bought' way more 3rd party exclusives than MS, who also had them. In any case, hundreds of millions is way less than the dozens of billions that MS are investing on acquisitions in recent years.

Pretty likely Sony can't afford acquisitions like ABK. But well, they don't need them because they continue outperforming MS by 2:1 in many console related metrics and unlike for MS, for Sony gaming is a highly profitable business.

cireza

They've been doing this for 30 years with major series. We don't need any receipts.

Gorgon

I'm interested to see who Sony will go for. Capcom would be the best bang for their buck.

Square Enix would make the most sense if they want to keep that relationship strong (if marketshare shifts closer to 50/50 between Playstation and Xbox, Square Enix might not be as willing to do exclusivity agreements), so Sony might want to lock SE down.

Kadokawa comes with a lot of non-gaming stuff. Not sure the price tag would be worth FromSoftware. But FromSoft is goated. It might be worth it. Same with Konami, the IP isn't worth the price of Konami.

CDPR or Larian would shore up the western RPG front. Though I'm pretty sure CDPR doesn't want to sell.

EA and Take Two are lofty. I don't think Sony would want to deal with the regulatory hassle of such massive acquisitions and probably end up without any strategic benefit.

Anyways, I'm interested to see what they go for next and what kind of regulatory scrutiny/process they'll be under if they decide to go for a big player. But I mean, Sony has made something like 5 or 6 acquistions while Microsoft has been tied up with Activision. This job posting means very little in actuality.

Well, if Sony wants to cover its ass on the WRPG front and make sure there's still any recognizable titles releasing on the PS, then they would actually need to aquire both CDPR and Larian, not just one of those. Outside of Warhorse Studios, CDPR and Larian are the only ones left with any brand recognition after MS snatched Bethesda, Obsidian, and inExile. If MS, by some twist of fate, ends up snatching CDPR and/or Larian, then Sony will be essentially starved out of WRPGs. And the WRPG market isn't just peanuts.

On the other hand, Square Enix, Capcom, Sega (after going down in the harware business), etc are traditionally the kind of publishers that most PS owners would expect to have access to. So that makes more business sense for Sony from a priority and security point of view. Kadokawa/From makes a lot of sense too and would be quite the prize.

But right now it's difficult to predict at this time what the consequences of all this drama will be, and I doubt it will be better for consumers overall.

RickMasters

Why not eh?

Capcom and SE make the most sense and are within their range. SE have some elements that could be sold off to make the publisher more valuable to Sony.

I really don’t foresee Sony buying a big publisher and having everything go exclusive. They are too smart for that. At best they’d limit those games to their own sub system after they’ve made bank at retail or digital.
I actually agree with this. People love to have wet dream about them in outing massive debt to acquire a publisher like T2. I don’t see Sony spending over 10 Bn on anything.

I could be wrong somewhere down the line but I just don’t see them buying a publisher. Some key devs with significant IP, yes but they will stay within their price range…… I think. So maybe capcom or sauté but I don’t think they care to buy swure when they already get all the benefits from their I going relationship. Maybe capcom would be the exciting one. Who knows…..

I've always thought Crytek was a good fit for their 1P. They have a lot of good engineers and could integrate their Cry Engine tech to Decima. Also, with Guerrila and Insomniac abandoning the Resistance and Killzone franchises Sony needs a good in-house FPS dev and these folks would fill that gap. Crysis is the type of game that could hit their 20M benchmark if released across PS5/PC.

Frictional is another company I want to see acquired so they get bigger budgets to add combat to their horror games.

dsp

The land of the rising sun must unite to destroy this evil.

Kill+Bill+2003+Vol+1+poster.jpg

Sony should release all of their exclusive games on Mac and have a giant laugh.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
MS has already aquired, one way or another, Bethesda, id Software, Obsidian, inExile, Ninja Theory, and now ABK with COD and Diablo. If Sony doesn't respond in kind what will Sony be left with? They need to aquire well known and cherished IPs, because otherwise they'll end up going the SEGA way. It would be impossible for them to compete only with their own IPs if MS buys out all the major players. Can anyone blame Sony?

If we like or not the way things are going is irrelevant.
Sony doesn't have immense mismanagement and communication issues like SEGA had to even start the ball rolling to their doom. Losing a couple WRPGS doesnt immediately take away the immense market share and brand recognition they have

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
It will be on a case by case basis.
case by case is far less consistent than guaranteed day 1 pc launch. So the acquisition harms us too. Not to mention 0 chance of future AA games from them like Megaman making their way to Switch.

More than anything else i've bought a ton of Capcom games, and i play them the most. It'd be a shame for the next Street fighter to be basically like 5 turned to the extreme where no one other than PS5 owners can play it.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
case by case is far less consistent than guaranteed day 1 pc launch. So the acquisition harms us too. Not to mention 0 chance of future AA games from them like Megaman making their way to Switch.

More than anything else i've bought a ton of Capcom games, and i play them the most. It'd be a shame for the next Street fighter to be basically like 5 turned to the extreme where no one other than PS5 owners can play it.

It's a Phil'ism.

They've been doing this for 30 years with major series. We don't need any receipts.
Pathetic.

"They do it too" wahhh
Ok show me? Nah you choose the Xbox persecution complex routine .

If you're too lazy to back up your argument don't bother crying.

cireza cireza AHH I see you have nothing to say. Just like that clown silent viper or whatever his name is. Also made the same claim Sony blah blah 100s of millions of dollars ma poor Xbox, but also couldn't provide receipts.

Last edited:
I actually agree with this. People love to have wet dream about them in outing massive debt to acquire a publisher like T2. I don’t see Sony spending over 10 Bn on anything.

I could be wrong somewhere down the line but I just don’t see them buying a publisher. Some key devs with significant IP, yes but they will stay within their price range…… I think. So maybe capcom or sauté but I don’t think they care to buy swure when they already get all the benefits from their I going relationship. Maybe capcom would be the exciting one. Who knows…..
It’ll be a defensive move. Whatever they buy will be to ensure they never lose that content.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
If Sony acquires Capcom, Xbox gamers will likely lose Capcom games that they have been playing for years. Just like PS gamers lost Zenimax games that they have been playing for years.

Counter point, MS acquiring Zenimax / Bethesda has at least guaranteed all of their future games will be on PC day 1.

Any studio acquisition by Sony leaves it at a huge chance that their games will be on PC day 1.

Won't someone think of our fellow PC brethren.

Last edited:

Unknown?

This is the stupidest thing I've read today.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
im pretty sure if Sonybought these multiplatform publisher, they are not going to make it exclusive, dont be silly here.

Top Bottom